- Promoter: The promoter of the “Solo System” promotion (the “Promotion”) is Hostelworld Services Limited (the “Promoter”) of Floor 2, 52 Bedford Row, London WC1R 4LR, UK.
- How to Qualify: Entrants must follow, like, comment and tag a friend on the Hostelworld social media competition post on either Instagram or TikTok between April 13th 2022 and April 20th 2022
- The Promotion is free to enter and the prize consists of two $250 amounts, one $250 amount for the winner and one $250 amount for the winner’s friend tagged in the social media post. The prize will be sent from the Promoter to the Prize Winner and the Prize Winner’s tagged friend via PayPal.
- By entering the Promotion, the “Entrant” agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and agrees that the decision of the Promoter is binding and final.
- The full details of the prize are as below.
- There will be one prize winner (the “Prize Winner”) of $250 provided by the Promoter and the Prize Winner’s tagged friend shall also receive $250 provided by the Promoter.
- The opening date for the Promotion is 16:00 on Wednesday, 13 April 2022. The Promotion ends at 23:59 on Wednesday 20th April 2022.
- Only entries made on the competition post on the Hostelworld Instragram or Tiktok page will qualify.
- Only one entry per Entrant will be considered by the Promoter.
- The Prize Winner will be selected by random draw using the social handles of each entrant and notified via DM.
- The Prize must be claimed by the Prize Winner within seven (7) calendar days of the date of notification to claim their Prize by responding to DM. In the event that a Winner fails to respond in writing via DM within that period, chooses not to accept the Prize, is ineligible for the Promotion or fails to duly complete, execute and return any document required by the Promoter, he/she shall be disqualified and will relinquish any right or entitlement to the Prize.
- The Prize can only be claimed by the Prize Winner who is notified by the Promoter in accordance with these terms. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Promotion, including the Prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The two $250 Prize amounts will transferred via PayPal to the relevant accounts of the Prize Winner and the Prize Winner’s tagged friend. To facilitate this transfer, the Prize Winner is required to send the Promoter the email address connected to their PayPal account and the email address connected to the PayPal account of the travel buddy they tag, to facilitate payment.
- The Entrant shall solely be responsible for providing the correct and complete PayPal information for both the Prize Winner and the Prize Winner’s tagged friend to the Promoter and the Promoter shall not be liable for any errors, delays or issues experienced by the Entrant, the Prize Winner’s tagged friend or the Promoter in the transfer of any or all of the $250 Prize amounts to any or all of the Prize Winners and / or the Prize Winner’s tagged friend.
- Neither the Entrant nor the Prize Winner’s tagged friend may substitute the $250 Prize for another prize, however the Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to alter the amount of the Prize or substitute the Prize, which the Promoter in its sole discretion deems necessary or appropriate. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize shall be paid in US dollars and the Promotor shall bear no responsibility or liability for any applicable exchange rate to the prize.
- The Prize Winner shall not be entitled to amend, alter and / or change their tagged friend following the closing date and time of the Promotion. The Entrant’s tagged friend at the date and time of the draw by the Promoter shall be the recipient of the $250 amount as the Prize Winner’s tagged friend. In the event of dispute regarding the Prize Winner’s tagged friend and their entitlement to the $250 Prize, the Promotor reserves the right to award the $250 Prize to the Prize Winner alone and forfeit the $250 Prize in relation to the Prize Winner’s tagged friend. The Promoter shall bear no responsibility or liability in relation to the award or otherwise of any Prize to the Prize Winner, the Prize Winner’s tagged friend, any Entrant or any other person in this regard.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any technical difficulties experienced by the Promoter, the Entrant and or the Prize Winner in relation to this Promotion.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any costs or charges imposed by PayPal in the transfer of the $250 to each individual. In particular, the Promoter shall not be responsible to gross up any difference in amount to ensure the Prize Winners receive the full $250 amount each.
- Entrants must be aged 18 (eighteen) or over. In entering the Promotion, the Entrant does so at his/her own risk and on his/her own initiative, and is responsible for complying with local laws, to the extent any local laws apply. Entry into the Promotion may be unlawful under certain local laws and if entry in the Promotion is unlawful, the Entrant will be immediately disqualified from the Promotion. This is unfortunate but beyond our control.
- The Promotion is only open to those who follow, like, comment and tag a friend on the Hostelworld social media competition post on either Instagram or TikTok between April 13th 2022 and April 20th 2022
- The Promotion is not open to employees or agents or the immediate family members of employees or agents of the Promoter or any affiliated companies or subsidiaries or any third parties involved in the Promotion.
- The Promotion is open only during the Promotion Period. The selection of the Prize Winners will take place on Thursday 21st April 2022.
- By entering the Promotion each Entrant agrees to allow the Promoter to use their name and nationality to be displayed as a winner on the Hostelworld.com website. By entering the Promotion the Entrant agrees, in the event that they are the Prize Winner, to participate in such promotional activity as is reasonably requested by the Promoter, such as providing the Promoter with content for the Hostelworld.com website, blog, e-newsletters, and social media channels for further marketing purposes following the Promotion.
- Each Entrant releases and holds the Promoter and its employees, agents, sub-contractors and consultants harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Promotion or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any Prize, including without limitation, personal injury, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any breach of its obligations resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control and the Promoter shall be entitled to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and these terms and conditions without liability.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this Promotion will only be processed as set out in the Promoter’s Promotion Privacy Notice below.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the Entrant hereby agrees that for the benefit of the Promoter and without prejudice to the right of the Promoter to take proceedings before any other court of competent jurisdiction, that the courts of England and Wales shall have jurisdiction to hear and determine any suit, action or proceedings that might arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions and for such purposes the Entrant irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of such courts.
Hostelworld Services Limited “Solo System” Competition Privacy Notice (the “Notice”)
Hostelworld Services Limited (the “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects and processes personal information relating to you in connection with the Promotion entitled “Solo System” (the “Promotion”). We do this in compliance with our obligations under applicable data protection law. This notice explains what personal data relating to you is collected, the purposes for which it is used, the third parties to whom it may be disclosed and how you can exercise your rights in relation to your personal data. This notice should be read in conjunction with the Promotion’s terms and conditions.
Personal Data Collected
If you are a Promotion entrant, the types of personal data relating to you that we collect and process may include:
- your name, surname, email address; and
- if you are declared to be the winner of the Promotion in accordance with the Promotion’s terms and conditions, you will be required to provide your email address, address, age, country of residence, and other information necessary to provide you with the Promotion prizes.
Purposes of Processing and Legal Bases
- Your name will be used for the purposes of carrying out the Promotion. The legal basis for this processing is that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you.
- If you are declared to be the winner of the Promotion your name, surname, address and email address will be used for the purposes of arranging the prizes. The legal basis for this processing is that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you.
- If you are declared to be the winner of the Promotion your name, country of residence and other content such as pictures, social media stories, and videos, may be uploaded to our website and social media sites including our blog, or may be used for our e-newsletter. The legal bases for this processing are that it is in our legitimate interests to carry on marketing activities, and that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you.
Recipients of Data
We may disclose your personal data to third party recipients in connection with the above purposes, including:
- to social media service providers and other IT service providers;
- to social media influencers who promote the Promotion;
- to competent regulatory authorities and bodies as requested or required by law; and
- to other members of our corporate group.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory or internal policy requirements and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise in connection with your contract.
In connection with the above we may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area, including to a jurisdiction which is not recognised by the European Commission as providing for an equivalent level of protection for personal data as is provided for in the European Union. If and to the extent that we do so, we will ensure that appropriate measures are in place to comply with our obligations under applicable law governing such transfers, which may include entering into a contract governing the transfer which contains the ‘standard contractual clauses’ approved for this purpose by the European Commission. For further details of the measures that we have taken in this regard, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- the right to access your personal data;
- the right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another controller; and
- where our processing of your personal data is based on you having provided consent, the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, you can contact us at email@example.com.
If you are not happy with the way we have used your information or addressed your rights, you have the right to make a complaint to our lead data protection supervisory authority, the Irish Data Protection Commission (firstname.lastname@example.org)