Hostelworld.com – “Ultimate Backpacking Adventures” – Competition Privacy Notice (the “Notice”)
Hostelworld.com Limited (the “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects and processes personal information relating to you in connection with the competition entitled “Ultimate Backpacking Adventures” (the “Competition”). We do this in compliance with our obligations under applicable data protection law. This notice explains what personal data relating to you is collected, the purposes for which it is used, the third parties to whom it may be disclosed and how you can exercise your rights in relation to your personal data.
This notice should be read in conjunction with the Competition’s terms and conditions
Personal Data Collected
If you are a competition entrant, the types of personal data relating to you that we collect and process may include:
• your name, surname, email address; and
• if you are declared to be the winner of the Competition in accordance with the Competition’s terms and conditions, you will be required to provide your email address, address, age, country of residence, and other information necessary to provide you with the Competition prizes.
Purposes of Processing and Legal Bases
• Your name will be used for the purposes of carrying out the Competition. The legal basis for this processing is that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you.
• If you are declared to be the winner of the Competition your name, surname, address and email address will be used for the purposes of arranging the prizes. The legal basis for this processing is that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you.
• If you are declared to be the winner of the Competition your name, country of residence and other content such as pictures, social media stories, and videos, may be uploaded to our website and social media sites including our blog, or may be used for our e-newsletter. The legal bases for this processing are that it is in our legitimate interests to carry on marketing activities, and that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you.
Recipients of Data
We may disclose your personal data to third party recipients in connection with the above purposes, including:
• to social media service providers and other IT service providers;
• to social media influencers who promote the Competition;
• to competent regulatory authorities and bodies as requested or required by law;
• to other members of our corporate group; and
• to hostels or travel service providers in connection with booking the Prize.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory or internal policy requirements and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise in connection with your contract.
In connection with the above we may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area, including to a jurisdiction which is not recognised by the European Commission as providing for an equivalent level of protection for personal data as is provided for in the European Union. If and to the extent that we do so, we will ensure that appropriate measures are in place to comply with our obligations under applicable law governing such transfers, which may include entering into a contract governing the transfer which contains the ‘standard contractual clauses’ approved for this purpose by the European Commission or, in respect of transfers to the United States of America, ensuring that the transfer is covered by the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. For further details of the measures that we have taken in this regard, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
• the right to access your personal data;
• the right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
• the right to restrict the use of your personal data;
• the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
• the right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another controller; and
• where our processing of your personal data is based on you having provided consent, the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, you can contact us at email@example.com.
If you are not happy with the way we have used your information or addressed your rights, you have the right to make a complaint to the Irish Data Protection Commissioner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or your local supervisory authority.
The post Hostelworld.com – “Ultimate Backpacking Adventures” – Competition Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) appeared first on Hostelworld Blog.