want a sweet job travelling nz??? - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Backpacker College Student Travel Message Boards > Studying, Living, Working, Volunteering Abroad, Expats
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

Studying, Living, Working, Volunteering Abroad, Expats Currently or planning on studying abroad, living abroad, working abroad, and volunteering abroad. Expats talk for all of you Huck Finn's out there. You rebels with a without a cause. Summer travel is child's play to you.

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 05-28-2009, 02:56 AM   #1
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via MSN to kiwichick
Default want a sweet job travelling nz???

Hey all! just spotted a sweet job for some who wants to see a lot of new zealand!heres the blurb..
BECOME WORLD FAMOUS IN NEW ZEALAND

3 months worth of free travel around New Zealand ....You too can become World Famous in New Zealand! Or maybe the world!!

Your role will be to travel the length of New Zealand, meeting with our suppliers, clients and the occasional possum and promoting Entirely Kiwi to the world through any means possible, and telling everyone exactly why New Zealand is the best country in the world - beyond the obvious fact that it is.

Job requirements:
A sense of humor, a love of travelling, excellent communication skills, the ability to brag, lots of friends and followers (or the ability to make them) to tell your travels about and mostly the ability to have a good time and enjoy yourself. You may be required for media purposes so you need to not be afraid of cameras or other tourists or locals taking photos of you. You will also need to be able to take photos/video and use a laptop to update your journey.

In return you will get:

Return tickets from your point of origin to Christchurch, New Zealand. We will help you get your working holiday visa if you need one. We will provide you with three months of FREE accommodation, transport, a daily food allowance and some spending cash so that you can live life to the fullest and become world famous in New Zealand. We will even organize regular "social gatherings" along your journey so that you can meet the locals and have a fabulous time in Aotearoa. And you get to keep the camera you used along the way so you can take a copy of all the photos home to show family and friends what you were up to.

Lol wasnt what i was looking for, but thought it might appeal to some one on here, so if ya keen check out the site:
HTML Code:
http://myjobspace.co.nz/job/226246?title=BECOME_WORLD_FAMOUS_IN_NEW_ZEALAND
kiwichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:13 AM   #2
TPunk Emeritus

Sounds cool but I am such a skeptic in life so I gotta ask..whats the catch!?
I have been to: Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, New Zealand , Australia, Fiji, Costa Rica, United States, England, Ireland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland , France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Vatican, Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Panama, Colombia, Mexico, India, Nepal.

Where to Next? Iceland!
Diorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:02 AM   #3
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to offhegoes03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorama View Post
Sounds cool but I am such a skeptic in life so I gotta ask..whats the catch!?
haha I think the catch is that you have to attend these special "social gatherings" that they throw where you probably promote something. It's definitely a cool sounding job, but I agree with you, there's gotta be a catch because it's almost too good to be true!!

Barcelona and Beyond, My 2008 European Blog:
http://www.travelpunk.com/blogs/offhegoes03
offhegoes03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:48 AM   #4

Smile

Hope you don't mind if I butt in here guys, but I am the person who is actually offering the job so thought I could maybe clarify for you.
No, there isn't a catch. I genuinely need someone to travel the country for me. Yes, you will have to meet up with some of our suppliers, but more important to us is that you have the time of your life and tell everyone about how great your trip was so we get more visitors to New Zealand!! You don't have to attend social events if you don't want to, but I figured that 3 months of travelling around on your own wouldn't be much fun at all and anyway the kind of person we had in mind for the job would probably want to party a little anyway.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me
Otherwise, I hope you guys consider putting in an application!
EntirelyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:02 AM   #5
Admin

^Thanks for clarifying that. Sounds like a great opportunity!

Y'all would be crazy not to enter this. I know a lot of TPunks on these boards would be great for the job.

P.S. What exactly are the age requirements?
travelpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #6

Minimum age is 18 years (for health/safety and car rental reasons). If a resident or national to NZ there is no maximum age - hey if your 90 and think you can do it I'd be keen to hear from you! But for those that need to apply for a work visa you will need to check based on your nationality via
the New Zealand immigration website - sorry I am not allowed to post a url apparently.
For most I think the maximum age is 30 years. Sorry, its not my rules its the governments!!
To apply simply email a video explaining why your the best candidate for the job to worldfamous@entirelykiwi.com

Let me know if you have any more questions!
Btw, one question I have been asked is can the winner bring someone if they pay their own way - and the answer is yes.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
Admin

Okay everyone, how much better are your chances when the very person offering this great opportunity is posting on our boards?!

If you've been planning on going to New Zealand, this is your chance to get a free ride and perhaps even become a little famous while doing so.

Get out your camcorders and submit a video!
Old 06-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #8
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via MSN to TERI

I'm totally on this bandwagon!!! HIRE ME!!! I'll get the vid to you early next week...
chat soon!

urple\'> "Wanna feel the warm breeze, sleep under a palm tree, feel the rush of the ocean."
"...Get aboard a fast train, travel on a damn plane."
" Take a Risk, Take a chance, Make a change!"--- Break away. Kelly Clarkson (lol)
TERI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:28 PM   #9
Admin

^Dude, I've always told you that you belong on a sitcom, right? This is your chance to get some air time!
Old 06-03-2009, 05:14 AM   #10
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via MSN to kiwichick

haha so true! get on it! i've been pimping the idea to other travellers i know already here so get cracking lol these guys should be paying me for all the advertising haha
kiwichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:18 PM   #11
TPunk Emeritus

Teri if your sending a video make one for this too!!

YHA Australia - 100 Years

You would be perfect!
I have been to: Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, New Zealand , Australia, Fiji, Costa Rica, United States, England, Ireland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland , France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Vatican, Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Panama, Colombia, Mexico, India, Nepal.

Where to Next? Iceland!
Diorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwichick View Post
haha so true! get on it! i've been pimping the idea to other travellers i know already here so get cracking lol these guys should be paying me for all the advertising haha
Big ups for the advertising!! Many thanks!!
If you apply for the job and win we WOULD be paying you for the advertising mind you ....