World Traveller's Story... What's your story? - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Introductions and Announcements
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

Introductions and Announcements Intro: First time here? "Say hello to my little friend..." Announcements: B-Days, special thanks, congrats, ..."You betta recognize!"

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 02-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #1

Default World Traveller's Story... What's your story?

I am a Photographer Chasing My Passion While I Explore the World and Write the Stories of My Travels.

I take awe-inspiring photographs to sell which funds this adventure. I write stories about my travels. In each country I visit, I write a children’s book about exploring the world. I am building the AWE International Good Works Foundation which will be powered by the children’s books that I write.

I am a redheaded, trail-blazing, change-seeking, fun-loving, world-traveling, Southern girl who is learning to stretch myself far, far beyond my comfort level in order to help change the pieces of this world that I touch for the better.

I want to explore, experience and share.
I want to share my life in order to help others figure out theirs.
I want my passions to become my business.
I want my business to be wildly successful.
I want to share that success through AWE.
I want to help create positive change in the life of children around the world.
I want to live out my rocking chair dreams RIGHT NOW!

How did I get this way? Grow up to become a fierce, sassy, independent, solo, world trotting adventurer?

I was born to a Southern family of historic change-makers and storytellers, from the 1st President of the United States, George Washington, to a Judge who brought electricity into the rural section of West Georgia, to an Uncle who was a Doctor in Hollywood assisted by my Grandmother who was the Nurse for Tom Micks – the first true movie star of black & white films, to one of the most legendary District Attorneys in Atlanta, Ga. For me, my stories were best told through my photography and my whimsical writing.

In 2011, I left my “normal life” behind and set out for a nomadic adventure around the world in hopes of telling the greatest story of all…A journey of inward discovery and outward expression. All along the way I hope to capture the people, places and events that teach me…about myself, as well as about the world.

Ever the explorer, I typically approach life with a child’s wide-eyed wonder for why thing are as they are. When you tag along, you’ll hear my thoughts, see the world through the lens of my camera and feel my heart as it wraps itself around the many people I will meet on my journey.

With no affiliations to media outlets or the guarantee of paid assignments, my relentless charge forward will be a both a faith walk in being able to continue my story…but also a catalyst for creating change. Not only within myself…but with everyone I encounter. Change is good…right? So…speaking of change…how do I fund such an adventure?

I want to share my experience with you. I want you to travel with me as we step together into the lives of others and we get to hear their story and see their life through artwork that will be an expression and gift to this journey.

It’s my goal to continue my journey over the next decade and capture the stories you don’t typically hear about or ever have the opportunity to know about…but are no less worthy. Together we can touch the lives of thousands and author a story of life change that will leave an imprint on all of us!

So I invite you to join me on my journey at Amanda's Big World Adventure

I will leave you with a quote that carries me through each day…“When I smile and show my appreciation for their inviting me into their world, their soul exposes the beauty that draws me to them. That creates the final product that takes my breath away.“

Tell me your travelling story...
AmandasBigWorldAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote