Booked Europe Flights!!! - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Introductions and Announcements
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

Introductions and Announcements Intro: First time here? "Say hello to my little friend..." Announcements: B-Days, special thanks, congrats, ..."You betta recognize!"

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 12-05-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
Mod

Send a message via MSN to aliz
Default Booked Europe Flights!!!

I can't remember how much I've mentioned about this trip, but probably not much. My boyfriend has never really travelled before (I think a family trip to the US when he was a littlie) and he wants to go to Europe, particularly Berlin, prague and Eastern europe. I've been to Europe three times but still never been to Paris and I love London and feel like I didn't see everything I wanted to last time. soooo, we've been talking about going to Europe for next summer.. anyway a few weeks ago, after not mentioning the trip for a few months, James said that he'd noticed earlybird europe deals starting to appear in travel agent windows. Yay! so we've booked our flights, we fly into London on the 30th of June and back to Sydney on the 26th of July. AND we have a stopover in Brunei! so excited, I used to live in Brunei as a kid so I want to show James all the exciting sights. haha. the funny thing is the student flights gave us a quote for that flight which I thought was a bit much, we went to STA and they got us pretty much the same flight for $300 less! woo!
Old 12-05-2007, 02:54 PM   #2
lover of Germany

Thats awesome and I know you guys will have a blast! Berlin is great I had such a fun 3 days there when I did the Germany tour.

Do to list: [color=blue][color=black] Australia, New Zealand, Austria India and Bolivia.

[color=blue][i][font=Verdana][color=black]"I'm just another stranger lookin' for the promised land"
expatben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:14 PM   #3
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Aww, congrats! Would have suggested a little London meet up, but probably will be on placement in June, so won't be down that end of the country. Bet you're well excited now you're all booked up!
Old 12-05-2007, 03:19 PM   #4
Minister of Offense

Send a message via AIM to omisan Send a message via Yahoo to omisan

Awesome!

And I know next to nothing about Brunei - is there a lot to see there?

Find out @ http://omidabroad.blogspot.com

omisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:31 PM   #5
TPunk Recognized

That's great! Still a ways off, but gives you something to look forward to.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:30 PM   #6
always trippin'

Sounds awesome! :D Do a good job of initiating him into the wanderlust.

And you need to tell me where to go in Brunei in a day, since I'll be skipping through fairly soon.

Check out my band!
freespiritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:21 PM   #7
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Nice!!! So where all are you planning on hitting up?
Old 12-05-2007, 11:25 PM   #8
Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by omisan View Post
And I know next to nothing about Brunei - is there a lot to see there?
it's an awesome country and there is quite a lot to see, but seeing as the country is about the size of new york city and about 3/4 of it is untouched rainforest, you can pretty much see the whole country in a weekend. so the stopover is perfect cause it's not the sort of place I would take a special trip to go to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespiritz View Post
And you need to tell me where to go in Brunei in a day, since I'll be skipping through fairly soon.
all my favourite stuff is centred around the river. you would love doing a trip down the river, it goes right into the jungle and you would be guaranteed seeing proboscis monkeys and all sorts of fun animals. the markets by the river are great - mainly food markets, but some souvenirs and very random pets! I remember desperately wanting a pet mouse deer as a kid. also the water village is the biggest one in the world, so you can spend hours exploring that.
aside from the river, the mosques are cool to see (the one starting with J, near Gadong, is my favourite) and my fave museum was the royal regalia, lots of gold and treasures!
pm me closer to your trip and I'll write you a more detailed guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc873 View Post
Nice!!! So where all are you planning on hitting up?
you know I'm pretty happy to leave most of the planning up to james, I was in europe just last year (I flew home a year ago today! tear.) so I'm not too fussed- I just wanna see paris. Otherwise I think I'll just let him pick the countries and I'll help with specific itinerary planning. we both love modern history so eastern europe and anything that was once a soviet state will be high on the list!
Old 12-07-2007, 04:52 AM   #9
Mod

update: paid for the tickets today. woooo!

and james is already planning stuff and writing shopping lists for things he's gonna need, it's so cute. it's almost as if we're leaving next week, the way he's organising things!
Old 12-07-2007, 07:16 AM   #10
Rabidly Xenophilic

I bet it's fun to see some places you've been from a totally different perspective...he'll probably want to do and see things you never even thought of the first time around!
Old 12-08-2007, 12:32 PM   #11
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via AIM to pinknic38 Send a message via Yahoo to pinknic38 Send a message via Skype™ to pinknic38

wow your trip sounds a lot like the one I am taking in June also.... going to Munich, Frankfurt, Zurich, Prague, Krakow, and a few other places. I fly back to the states on the 26th of June though, so we won't be in the smae place at the same time. but you guys will have a good time.

tpunk gallery * twitter
pinknic38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:24 PM   #12
always trippin'

The water village sounds cool...I might do that, and will skip the jungle since I'll be spending a few days in Mulu Park...although proboscis monkeys are hilarious creatures.

Check out my band!
freespiritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:37 PM   #13
The " ... " queen of TP!

Didn't realise I havent said this already but: CONGRATS! Buying your plane tickets is one of the most exciting parts!

If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forward and people won't know if you're coming or going.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
-James Dean

Countries I've Visited: Austria, Botswana, Canada, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy. Malawi, Mexico, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, USA, UK, Vatican City, Zambia
simply_angelic is offline   Reply With Quote