Take this Job and SHOVE It - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Introductions and Announcements
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

Introductions and Announcements Intro: First time here? "Say hello to my little friend..." Announcements: B-Days, special thanks, congrats, ..."You betta recognize!"

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 05-04-2004, 07:27 AM   #1
An Optimistic Realist.

Send a message via AIM to Sijuki Send a message via MSN to Sijuki Send a message via Yahoo to Sijuki

Well... Thursday is my last day in the land of Retail... I put my 3 day notice in at Rite Aid. My District Manager finally gets what he wanted, me to quit. I finally get what I want, freedome from a low paying shitty job. Hurrah!

So with my added free time, this means I will be int he Philly area till Monday (actually making a quick trip to Leonardo, NJ. To go to the Quik Stop)
But alas, the following week, May 13/14 I will probably be in Toronto with a couple friends of mine. Then after that who knows.. Might go visit a buddy in Peoria, maybe go to Arizona. Depends on how much gas money I have left.

Also probably be able to get my script finished. I feel so good about quitting. My other job got pushed back to the beginning of June. I can easily manage till the 2nd week of June financially. So I will do my best to be as productive as possible during my 'vacation' perhaps it will lead me somewhere great.

Just had to tell the family!

2009-2014: February - Mexico (Cancun x 3, Cozumel x 1, Mazatlan x 2

2014 : Europe: Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Czech Rep, Germany, France, England

2015 : US:Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Joshua Tree NP, Salton Sea, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Mt. Rushmore. 20 states. Europe: Stockholm, Barcelona, Madrid, Prague, Krakow, Warsaw, Ireland (month driving around), Northern Ireland, Edinburgh.

2021: Europe?

Need a Railpass for that Trip to Europe?
Or Maybe a Hostel Reservation?
Frog Creek Brewing -- Upcoming Microbrewery

Sijuki@gmail.com
Sijuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 08:42 AM   #2
Weasel Jones

yes, i hope it does lead somewhere great! i wish i had the balls to quit!
Old 05-04-2004, 09:24 AM   #3
An Optimistic Realist.

Send a message via AIM to Sijuki Send a message via MSN to Sijuki Send a message via Yahoo to Sijuki

You can do it Joanie, just walk in and say. "Hey you, Take this job and shove it." or go the Half Baked route and go, "I hate you, you, you, your cool, and i hate you, that's it I'm outta here."

2015 : US:Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Joshua Tree NP, Salton Sea, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Mt. Rushmore. 20 states. Europe: Stockholm, Barcelona, Madrid, Prague, Krakow, Warsaw, Ireland (month driving around), Northern Ireland, Edinburgh.

Sijuki@gmail.com
Old 05-04-2004, 10:05 AM   #4
Yoda

congrats sijuki! Isn't it great to get out from under the thumb of an entity you despise?? I've been very lucky, I've had a job I really like for the last 4 years. But before that... believe me, I have had a few jobs (and one in particular) from H.E.L.L.

joan, I totally understand... but believe me, one day you'll realize that not only do you *have* the balls to quit, they'll probably be bigger than you thought too!
Old 05-04-2004, 12:49 PM   #5
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to tecia

.... I aint working here no more
he he
that is great Sijuki!!!!!
You are going to have a blast and who know great things just may come your way
so i don't know if you have posted it before but what is your script about?

T & A rule!!!

tecia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 07:39 PM   #6
An Optimistic Realist.

I don't think I said what my script is about... I have actually been doing a pretty good job so far keeping it pretty low key, besides me and my buddy that is helping me write it, I think only two or three people have seen it. Mainly because I don't want to have people read it now, then when I really want them to, they will be more hesitant already reading it once. Ummm.. I haven't worked much on a good summary, I did write a decent one improve in an IM but forgot to copy it and save it so this is like a cut and paste of memories, but it gets part of the point across.

it revolves around 4 people... #1 uses alcohol and promiscuity to cover his personal problems and his way of not going to the next step of life. Although he has glimmers of hope, he spends his life in a funk. #2 is a guy that has been scarred by bad relationships and basically gives up on women, becomes a sort of recluse, except for his close friends, afraid to test the waters of love. #3 is #4's sister, she has always liked #1, and is heartbroken to see him throw his life away. Although she would like to reach out and help feels it is probably pointless, she is young and is having a hell of a time coming of age. #4 is stuck between standing up to his friend #1 and guiding him back or letting down his sister who he knows has strong feelings for his freind. and also he for her.

If you don't follow it, I don't blame you. Like I said its sketchy at best right now. But thus far I haven't had a "hey, that sucks." yet. So its encouraging from what I have let people read and what not. I will post part of it soon enough.

Sijuki@gmail.com
Old 05-04-2004, 07:41 PM   #7
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to pinion

Quote:
Originally posted by Sijuki@May 4 2004, 09:24 AM
You can do it Joanie, just walk in and say.* "Hey you, Take this job and shove it."* or go the Half Baked route and go, "I hate you, you, you, your cool, and i hate you, that's it I'm outta here."
hahaha I've always wanted to leave a job Half Baked style

I don't think I've been disgruntled w/ a place enough to do it though...but maybe one day
And I never will play the wild rover no more
pinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 07:45 PM   #8
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to tecia

OK i think i got that!!! don't know if that is good or bad but... tell me more about it on Fri.

T & A rule!!!

tecia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 08:09 PM   #9
An Optimistic Realist.

Yeah, of course I had a memory lapse, and in stead of hate you its F*ck you. F U, F U, F U, you're cool, F U, I'm outta here. I don't really hate most of the people I work with, its more of a disgruntleness towards upper management... of course I suppose I could dedicate 4 F U's to my DM.

Sijuki@gmail.com
Old 05-04-2004, 08:27 PM   #10

Hey Sijuki. Congrats on exiting the exciting world of retail! I'm sure you'll find it much better on your constitution. Good luck with the script and travels as well!
Old 05-04-2004, 09:17 PM   #11
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via MSN to Columbia

I don't know for some reason your script summary reminds me of St.Elmo's Fire, although I can't even remember what it's about. It sounds good, and good luck with it.
Columbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 03:29 AM   #12
TPunk Emeritus

Congrats on getting out of the job, Rob!

I know it sounds trite, but better things can happen once you break free. I didn't get this airline job till one day I told the rental car company I worked for, "That's it! I'm putting in my two week notice. I'm done." A couple months later, I found my dream job (as far as travel goes), here at the airline. If I'd still been at the rental car company, I'd never have been there to find this...

worldwidemike
worldwidemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:24 AM   #13
***** Senior *********

Location: WANTED! dead or at a meet-up ..... reward first round on Me
Send a message via Yahoo to Rozza

WAY TO GO SIJ

Past Trip Albums:
Norway '05 Album

"'Kings. What a good idea.'Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tenedency to bend at the knees."
- Terry Prachett
Rozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 11:51 AM   #14
Members

Send a message via AIM to gspina Send a message via Yahoo to gspina

well sijuki its about time you left that place the DM was getting on my nerves, and the script is going to be fun, we have one camera and a very limited budget. Perhaps some day we will be the next Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier.
This time was not nearly as amusing as calling in on Friday night and telling your boss "I'm not going to be in this weekend because I Quit". as though to imply you will be back at work on Monday. LOL
gspina is offline   Reply With Quote