I'm having a huge problem with myself!!!! - Page 2 - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Backpacker College Student Travel Message Boards > I NEED HELP- ASAP!
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

I NEED HELP- ASAP! Need quick help? PLEASE POST ONLY URGENT QUESTIONS HERE! We´ll try to answer you within 24hrs.

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 10-19-2007, 07:53 PM   #21
TPunk Recognized

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinknic38 View Post
haha I am kind of embarassed now! I didn't even look to see if this was a new thread!
Don't be. We seem to be going through an ancient thread revival.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #22
Artist of Life

Hey man,

I understand your position... but I think that ultimately you must be semi-happy with what you're doing right now.

ALso consider that in 20 years, you'll be a very different person. You'll most likely have a family, and your perception on travel and adventure will be different.

"Everything has its time", so the saying goes. And the time to travel, I think, is when you're young - at least backpacking. Hope this helps.
Jules: "You know, like Kane in 'Kung Fu'...go places...meet people...get in adventures."

Trips (only counting recreational travel):
FIRST TRIP (2005): FIRST EUROTRIP EVER! UK, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland
SECOND TRIP (2007): First Solo Trip! Greece, Turkey, Syria, Spain
2008: China (Beijing, Shanghai, Yangshuo) ...right before the Olympics!
2009: Japan & HK, Southern Spain
[size=1]2010: All over Lebanon, Ibiza (Spain), Oktoberfest (Germany), Thailand.
2011: India (Goa), Jordan, Jerusalem, San Sebastian (Spain), Amsterdam (again), London, Driving from Vancouver to L.A. (stopping in Portland, Seattle, San Fran and all the little stops), Montpellier (France), Geneva and Lausanne (Switzerland)

"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it."
Canadian Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:14 AM   #23
TPunk Emeritus

^ Unless your me, older, surrounded by kids, and teaching them to love backpacking!

tumblezweedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:22 PM   #24
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Bacon View Post

"Everything has its time", so the saying goes. And the time to travel, I think, is when you're young - at least backpacking. Hope this helps.

DUDE, I'm shocked to hear you say such a thing. I'm 34, and never see myself trading in a backpack for a rollalong piece of luggage. Sorry, I don't care for that style of travel and never have. I may not be partying in hostels in my 50's, but I guarantee you, that I will have my pack on, and still be traveling
Old 11-08-2007, 03:19 PM   #25

Send a message via Yahoo to PhilBill
Cool

Quote:
We seem to be going through an ancient thread revival.
It's been 3 years since I've spent much time on-line so guess the revival started with me as I'm back on-line til my daughter graduates from UH at the end next year, there's regime change in the States and I finish the latest building expansion projects here in the Philippines.
PhilBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:56 PM   #26
Artist of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc873 View Post
DUDE, I'm shocked to hear you say such a thing. I'm 34, and never see myself trading in a backpack for a rollalong piece of luggage. Sorry, I don't care for that style of travel and never have. I may not be partying in hostels in my 50's, but I guarantee you, that I will have my pack on, and still be traveling
hahaha... sorry dude, I guess I can see myself backpacking for the next little while, but I don't see it as part of my life when I get older. But then again... I am assuming my mentality will change. Maybe it won't...
Jules: "You know, like Kane in 'Kung Fu'...go places...meet people...get in adventures."

Trips (only counting recreational travel):
FIRST TRIP (2005): FIRST EUROTRIP EVER! UK, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland
SECOND TRIP (2007): First Solo Trip! Greece, Turkey, Syria, Spain
2008: China (Beijing, Shanghai, Yangshuo) ...right before the Olympics!
2009: Japan & HK, Southern Spain
[size=1]2010: All over Lebanon, Ibiza (Spain), Oktoberfest (Germany), Thailand.
2011: India (Goa), Jordan, Jerusalem, San Sebastian (Spain), Amsterdam (again), London, Driving from Vancouver to L.A. (stopping in Portland, Seattle, San Fran and all the little stops), Montpellier (France), Geneva and Lausanne (Switzerland)

"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it."
Canadian Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:08 PM   #27
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to BigE Send a message via Yahoo to BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Bacon View Post
hahaha... sorry dude, I guess I can see myself backpacking for the next little while, but I don't see it as part of my life when I get older. But then again... I am assuming my mentality will change. Maybe it won't...
I plan on backpacking for a long time. My retirement day (if I am still alive) is June 29, 2044 after my 70th birthday. I will be backpacking all over the place. Maybe into outer space or in the deep oceans.

"An oppressive government is more to be feared than a tiger, or a beer."
-Confucius

Somewhere in England (maybe) - Spring (TBA)
Israel - Summer (TBA)
BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:30 PM   #28
An Optimistic Realist.

Send a message via AIM to Sijuki Send a message via MSN to Sijuki Send a message via Yahoo to Sijuki

All that rhetoric about the military almost convinced me to join up...

2009-2014: February - Mexico (Cancun x 3, Cozumel x 1, Mazatlan x 2

2014 : Europe: Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Czech Rep, Germany, France, England

2015 : US:Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Joshua Tree NP, Salton Sea, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Mt. Rushmore. 20 states. Europe: Stockholm, Barcelona, Madrid, Prague, Krakow, Warsaw, Ireland (month driving around), Northern Ireland, Edinburgh.

2021: Europe?

Need a Railpass for that Trip to Europe?
Or Maybe a Hostel Reservation?
Frog Creek Brewing -- Upcoming Microbrewery

Sijuki@gmail.com
Sijuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:09 AM   #29

Send a message via AIM to glitterhairdye

I definetly know how this guy feels. I was backpacking all before I came here. I did 2 months when I was 17 and now I go to the Naval Academy and I feel like I'm stuck. I just want to get out sometimes, especially after reading these threads. I have 3 1/2 years left stuck in annapolis. Summer blocks get to go some crazy places but it's not the same as backpacking. I'm not sure if I'll stay an officer for 20 yrs, maybe but i really do want to travel...
"I set out alone, finding no companion to cheer the way with friendly intercourse, and no party of travellers with whom to associate myself. Swayed by an overmastering impulse within me, and a long-cherished desire to visit those glorious sanctuaries, I resolved to quit all my friends and tear myself away from my home."
---Ibn Battuta, CE 1325
glitterhairdye is offline   Reply With Quote