at the "crossroads" what to do??help! - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > General Travel Tips, Education, Advice > General Travel Tips and Advice
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Travel Tips and Advice Have you traveled before?- Please share your tips and advice with fellow Tpunks!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 02-02-2004, 10:41 PM   #1
TPunk Recognized

Thumbs up

ok.

so im only 19, and i have no idea what to do.
im from new zealand, and have just made a big move to australia with my cat and my boyfriend.

but im thinking of

A- DITCHING the boy ( hes 29) and travelling for few years, backpacking ( as im a stripper im sur ei can afford this option easily) have a female friend that MAY be serious in coming with me.

B- being all STABLE and getting married settling down, will probably be divorced with few kids by 30 and be too late to travel

C- BRING the boy with me. kinda like having my cake and eating it too...except i will probably have to pay for everything, as he will not get job easily/ or visas for that matter ( age thing)

so would it be more productive/fun to just go with the flow and be a gypsy, travel all the time till i get bored then come home and be "normal" eg 9-5 job, or do i settle and forever wonder whats out there.
ha guess i just answered my own question then.

what would you do in my situation tho??????

arghhh going nuts thinking about it. is it safe for a chick to travel alone anuways if my friend pulls out??

www.youtube.com/jandalworldtour
www.youtube.com/theguzzleguts
mermaidnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 10:52 PM   #2
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to pinion

Quote:
Originally posted by mermaidnz@Feb 3 2004, 06:41 AM
A- DITCHING the boy ( hes 29) and travelling for few years, backpacking ( as im a stripper im sur ei can afford this option easily) have a female friend that MAY be serious in coming with me.
For sure A

You're only 19, no need to be serious at this stage of your life!!!

Settle down when you're too old to travel!

And you are never too old to travel!
And I never will play the wild rover no more
pinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 12:18 AM   #3
TPunk Recognized

If you had a year left to live what would u do with it? Then do that

for me A
theres really not much point having rug rats, the worlds overpopulated as it is.

zylah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 12:32 AM   #4
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via MSN to Columbia

Yep, you'll probably get divorced if you marry now. Sorry sorry just speaking my mind. If you're not completely willing and desiring to settle, don't. Not good for the kid(s), you or your boy.
I pick A...C a runner up.
Columbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 01:55 AM   #5
Members

Question

Quote:
For sure A

You're only 19, no need to be serious at this stage of your life!!!

Settle down when you're too old to travel!

And you are never too old to travel!

have to agree with pinion there for sure B) hope to be traveling till I'm to old to lift my backpack

gee!!! get out and travel

Quote:
travel all the time till i get bored then come home and be "normal"
get bored traveling!!!hahaha
being "normal" as you put it ,9-5 job, now that's boring
if your bored move on...
Old 02-03-2004, 02:14 AM   #6
Admin

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS, MERMAIDNZ!

Quote:
DITCHING the boy ( hes 29)
Obviously, age matters. Goes with your instinct...don't force your feelings.

Quote:
will probably be divorced
If you're already projecting divorce, why waste your time with him now ?

Quote:
except i will probably have to pay for everything, as he will not get job easily/ or visas for that matter ( age thing)
Didn't know age had anything to do with visa's. IMHO, If he wants to work bad enough, he'll find it. visa or no visa.

Babydoll, with all of this reactive language, you're on a one way road to doomsday. Drop the zero and get with a hero !

Quote:
is it safe for a chick to travel alone
Looks like you've already answered all of your original questions and made up your mind! Glad we can help ! Solo traveling is AWESOME!

Sorry to be direct...Just being straight up .

travelpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 02:31 AM   #7
TPunk Recognized

ha thanks for the answers.

but...ahhh why am i looking for excuses?? lol

its kinda the decision, love or travel? i spose its good to travel and do HEAPS of random stuff, but it cant be that fun not having anyone to share it with? or well i spose me being a chick, i think like this : what if im old gray and alone, but have done cool stuff and have no grandkids to even tell?@!! lol

oh dear.

i know i wanna do it.
just need some pushing.

well some confirmation anyways.

hmm then again could die next year and not have had grandkids anyways....lol least i woulda done stuff!!

oh what if.
i travel with my boy this year for lil 6 month trip. get my bearings, learn hhow suff is.

than if im still feeling like this ( and i will!!!) then go back by myself for a working holiday for next 3-4 years?? hmmm that will only make me..24 when im all done. still young enough to.. um ... study?

haha

nah ditch him now.

Old 02-03-2004, 05:07 AM   #8
Members

Send a message via AIM to iamlindoro

Quote:
( as im a stripper im sur ei can afford this option easily)
OK, OK, I hate to be the pig, but I'm sure I speak for all my fellow male T-Punkers here (Especially voyd and Sijuki, ha!) when I strongly urge you to submit your picture to the T-Punk Member Photo Gallery.

Old 02-03-2004, 06:21 AM   #9
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to voyd Send a message via Yahoo to voyd
Exclamation

Quote:

arghhh going nuts thinking about it. is it safe for a chick to travel alone anuways if my friend pulls out??
It's quite obvious you are personally leaning towards A yourself. That does sound the most realistic to me as well. No need to stress too hard over safety, either - probably the majority of backpackers are single females.

And yes, show us your pics! Paint stripper, right?
voyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 07:44 AM   #10
TPunk Recognized

hano exotic dancer stripper.
would post pics, but too damn blond to work it, know how to cut and paste except cant seem to do it on here.....

yeah i am swaying towards A, but need lots of i dunno, backup(?) on it, bit scared by the whole thing. im not a very good decision maker!

Old 02-03-2004, 09:28 AM   #11
TPunk Emeritus

Exclamation

^ Just email travelpunk your pics, he's the site founder/admin. He can post them for you since we currently can't on our own (unless you host them from somewhere else and link them here). Say, when ARE we gonna be able to upload our own pics, Tone?!

So, how long have you been stripping? What do you enjoy most about it and how'd you get into it? How much $$$ do you pull on an average night? Ever date customers and does your bf mind? Sorry for all the ?s, but inquiring minds wanna know!
Old 02-03-2004, 10:58 AM   #12
An Optimistic Realist.

Send a message via AIM to Sijuki Send a message via MSN to Sijuki Send a message via Yahoo to Sijuki

Lindoro,
How do I get lumped in with Voyd? Don't get me wrong, Voyd is a nice guy, and love seeing beautiful women as much as the next guy, but I didn't think I was that obvious. jeez. I was gonna go the roll of the sensitive type. Oh well on to the next board now.

Hey I love paint strippers, er, uh, I mean exotic dancer strippers.

Can we get pics 'in action'. I hear women from down under are very good at dancing.

2009-2014: February - Mexico (Cancun x 3, Cozumel x 1, Mazatlan x 2

2014 : Europe: Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Czech Rep, Germany, France, England

2015 : US:Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Joshua Tree NP, Salton Sea, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Mt. Rushmore. 20 states. Europe: Stockholm, Barcelona, Madrid, Prague, Krakow, Warsaw, Ireland (month driving around), Northern Ireland, Edinburgh.

2021: Europe?

Need a Railpass for that Trip to Europe?
Or Maybe a Hostel Reservation?
Frog Creek Brewing -- Upcoming Microbrewery

Sijuki@gmail.com
Sijuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 11:58 AM   #13
TPunk Emeritus

oh vey

Mermaid sorry for these guys on the board. Your obviously the closest that they've ever gotten to a stripper.

I'd say that if your already talking about your boy like that (ditching him/divorce) than I don't think it would ever last that long anyways. How long have u been seeing him for? Girl your sooooooooooo young. There is no need to settle down right now. Go and experience life..
I have been to: Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, New Zealand , Australia, Fiji, Costa Rica, United States, England, Ireland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland , France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Vatican, Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Panama, Colombia, Mexico, India, Nepal.

Where to Next? Iceland!
Diorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 02:23 PM   #14
Members

Send a message via AIM to iamlindoro

Well, you are my EVIL twin-- Or maybe I'm the evil twin and wanted to blame my evilness on you, sensitive one.

Either way, you'd have to be DEAD not to notice the influx of beautiful girls here lately. The beautiful girls we already had were on to us.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:30 PM   #15
An Optimistic Realist.

Send a message via AIM to Sijuki Send a message via MSN to Sijuki Send a message via Yahoo to Sijuki

Yes Lindoro,
You are my evil twin... and you have placed all your evilness upon me. I wasn't denying that there wasn't an abudance of attractive young women here. I am sure the veterans were well aware of what an asshole I am. I am pretty sure most people are easy to figure out that I am just a shithead. OK well enough of bashing myself.

2009-2014: February - Mexico (Cancun x 3, Cozumel x 1, Mazatlan x 2

2014 : Europe: Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Czech Rep, Germany, France, England

2015 : US:Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Joshua Tree NP, Salton Sea, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Mt. Rushmore. 20 states. Europe: Stockholm, Barcelona, Madrid, Prague, Krakow, Warsaw, Ireland (month driving around), Northern Ireland, Edinburgh.

2021: Europe?

Need a Railpass for that Trip to Europe?
Or Maybe a Hostel Reservation?
Frog Creek Brewing -- Upcoming Microbrewery

Sijuki@gmail.com
Sijuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 05:19 PM   #16
TPunk Recognized

Quote:
Originally posted by voyd@Feb 3 2004, 05:28 PM
^

So, how long have you been stripping? What do you enjoy most about it and how'd you get into it? How much $$$ do you pull on an average night? Ever date customers and does your bf mind? Sorry for all the ?s, but inquiring minds wanna know!

dancing for almost 2 years, dont enjoy too much about it really. meet some strange people i spose,im the worlds worst stripper.i make less then half what everyone else makes ( which is why i wanna travel etc) yes i have datedcustomers, well one, lasted several months, now we just really good friends, but never again gonna date them lol guys that go to stripclubs dont make good bfs! and yes my bf does mind, but hey he wont work so someone gotta pay the bills!! haha anyways..................back to the topic.......

Old 02-04-2004, 05:48 AM   #17
TPunk Emeritus

Exclamation

^ Ok, thanks! Just for my own curiosity and the benefit of any ladies in here who might be considering a career change....
Old 02-10-2004, 07:01 AM   #18
TPunk Emeritus

So, the boyfriend is 29 and doesn't work? Woo-hoo, where did you find this winner? I think the entire boards are in agreement that you dump this loser and go out and travel!

And when you do go, you'll meet plenty of other young women out on there own. If you use the same common sense that you use at home to not get mugged, then you'll be fine out there.

I was fairly shy and didn't have much confidence in myself before I went travelling after graduating from high school. My six months on the road meeting other people and seeing the world are the experience that changed me and turned me into the person I am now (at least that is how I feel). My friends noticed the difference right away when I came home.

So, Mermaid, unhook that fish from your line and swim the seven seas! Good luck!

worldwidemike
worldwidemike is offline   Reply With Quote