Do you ever worry you will see it all? - Page 2 - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > General Travel Tips, Education, Advice > General Travel Tips and Advice
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Travel Tips and Advice Have you traveled before?- Please share your tips and advice with fellow Tpunks!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 01-26-2007, 02:34 PM   #21
TPunk Emeritus

Hehe, even if you do see it all, there are places you'll deffinitely want to go back to, so you can't really get bored. I've gone to the same place for summer vacation ever since i was born (exept 2 summers) and summer without going to Cariló... well... to me it's just not summer at all!!

Can you tell it's february already and I havent gotten to Cariló just yet??
Been to: Argentina, Chile, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt. Greece, Turkey, England, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Belgium, USA, Mexico, Spain, Monaco, Czech Republic, Ireland and Uruguay.

Next trip: Still pondering the possibilities for January 2009... * OH THE MYSTERY!! *

The travel bug is insatiable
florencia9699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:42 PM   #22
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to BigE Send a message via Yahoo to BigE

Is Cariló worth going to? I may be down in Curitiba, Brazil and may make some treks into Argentina and Uruguay.

"An oppressive government is more to be feared than a tiger, or a beer."
-Confucius

Somewhere in England (maybe) - Spring (TBA)
Israel - Summer (TBA)
BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:51 AM   #23
TPunk Emeritus

Nahh... It's quite expensive... and not backpacker friendly... I only get to go 'cause my grandparents built their house here 22 years ago when this place wasn't hip. It's actually the most expensive beach in Argentina nowadays to rent a house... but it really is gorgeous (even though after you've been to the beaches in Brazil it wont be so impressive). And there are no hostels, not even a camping site...

What I love about it is that the man who first owned the land started planting all these trees. And eventually it became a forest... not tropical, sort of like the woods) and then you arrive right at the beach. I've seen this place in all it's glory before everyone else made a house there. So I trully love it. But after going to the beach in Brazil.... I dunno... the water is quite cold in Argentina... and Brazil has a ccompletely different vibe.
Been to: Argentina, Chile, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt. Greece, Turkey, England, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Belgium, USA, Mexico, Spain, Monaco, Czech Republic, Ireland and Uruguay.

Next trip: Still pondering the possibilities for January 2009... * OH THE MYSTERY!! *

The travel bug is insatiable

Last edited by florencia9699; 01-28-2007 at 12:54 AM.
florencia9699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:47 AM   #24
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to BigE Send a message via Yahoo to BigE

Thanks for the tip.

"An oppressive government is more to be feared than a tiger, or a beer."
-Confucius

Somewhere in England (maybe) - Spring (TBA)
Israel - Summer (TBA)
BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:26 PM   #25
Artist of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe7f View Post
So anyway, especially for those of you that have really been around, do you ever feel that way or am I just an idiot for not realizing how lucky I am (in the case...We all are) to have been able to travel so much before I turn 25?

--Joey
yeah Dude, i know exactly how you feel.

I too only did major cities when I backpacked in 2005, and I was wondering if this summer I should go back and "finish Europe" or see another part of the world...

Actually when I was 23 and in Rome, sitting in the massive ruins of the Roman baths, having a smoke and soaking it all in... I decided that I would see the entire world before I was 30.

Seems a little less likely now =)

But anyway... Europe, and espcially Spain, is always going to be a blast.
Jules: "You know, like Kane in 'Kung Fu'...go places...meet people...get in adventures."

Trips (only counting recreational travel):
FIRST TRIP (2005): FIRST EUROTRIP EVER! UK, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland
SECOND TRIP (2007): First Solo Trip! Greece, Turkey, Syria, Spain
2008: China (Beijing, Shanghai, Yangshuo) ...right before the Olympics!
2009: Japan & HK, Southern Spain
[size=1]2010: All over Lebanon, Ibiza (Spain), Oktoberfest (Germany), Thailand.
2011: India (Goa), Jordan, Jerusalem, San Sebastian (Spain), Amsterdam (again), London, Driving from Vancouver to L.A. (stopping in Portland, Seattle, San Fran and all the little stops), Montpellier (France), Geneva and Lausanne (Switzerland)

"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it."
Canadian Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:45 PM   #26
Artist of Life

In the spirit of my reminicing of the 'old days' on the board, i stumbled upon this gem of a message...

I do sometimes think of my pledge during my first trip (when i was 22 OMG i was young) to see the world before I was 30.

And seriously... I've kept pretty true to it! I mean I haven't seen the whole world yet, but damn I've been to many many places since then! I guess those vows we make to ourselves really do guide our lives eh...
Jules: "You know, like Kane in 'Kung Fu'...go places...meet people...get in adventures."

Trips (only counting recreational travel):
FIRST TRIP (2005): FIRST EUROTRIP EVER! UK, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland
SECOND TRIP (2007): First Solo Trip! Greece, Turkey, Syria, Spain
2008: China (Beijing, Shanghai, Yangshuo) ...right before the Olympics!
2009: Japan & HK, Southern Spain
[size=1]2010: All over Lebanon, Ibiza (Spain), Oktoberfest (Germany), Thailand.
2011: India (Goa), Jordan, Jerusalem, San Sebastian (Spain), Amsterdam (again), London, Driving from Vancouver to L.A. (stopping in Portland, Seattle, San Fran and all the little stops), Montpellier (France), Geneva and Lausanne (Switzerland)

"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it."
Canadian Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:43 PM   #27
No one regrets traveling

Send a message via AIM to joe7f Send a message via Skype™ to joe7f

When I reread this thread (thanks Jason for the bump) it feels like a different person started wrote it. But at the same time I am feeling that I need to venture past Europe but yet I am going back in May (eyjafjokololchocolatevolcano permitting).

I figure this may be the last trip for a while for a year or two.

--Joe

Countries visited: USA, Netherlands, Norway, France, Switzerland, Germany, Spain (and Gibraltar), Italy, Belgium, Hungary, Austria, Ireland, UK, Japan, Canada , Portugal, Czech Republic, Poland, Andorra, Croatia, Montenegro

Next up: Mongolia, China

"I sought trains; I found passengers" - Paul Theroux

Help Travelpunk's continued existence with a small donation
joe7f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:56 PM   #28
TPunk Moderator

I am returning to Europe for a fifth time this May (also Chocolate Lava Volcano Brownie permitting). I feel like maybe I should branch out as well, there are 6 other continents after all. But Europe, in particular Central Europe, keeps me coming back.

Like the others have said, you can go to a place over and over and see something different each time. Krakow is a good example of a place I've been to many times. The first time I visited I was 18 and quite shy. I got my longish hair cut off at a salon near the train station. Seriously it was like cutting off my old self. It symbolized a whole new me. Then last year I visited with someone very special to me and I for the first time felt how romantic the city is.

Also when you visit a certain city, if you meet up with a person or a group of people you click with, he/she/they will be synonymous with your thoughts on said city. If you go again, you can meet some new people and have a completely new take on the city.

I haven't made some grand vow to myself that I'm going to see the whole world, but I have vowed to myself that as far as I know, I only have one life to live so I'm gonna spend it doing what I wanna do. So if I want to visit Timbuktu I am certainly going to find a way!
Elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:41 AM   #29
lover of Germany

At the moment I have an opposit problem in that I feel I haven't seen enough! Although I agree that there is always more more to see no matter how many times you have been there. I have been to Berlin a couple of times and it has been intense I did some serious wandering and I still feel like I have not experienced everything there is yet alone the rest of Germany.

Do to list: [color=blue][color=black] Australia, New Zealand, Austria India and Bolivia.

[color=blue][i][font=Verdana][color=black]"I'm just another stranger lookin' for the promised land"
expatben is offline   Reply With Quote