I have decided to say "screw my career" and once i have my student loans all paid up and have a large amount (10K USD+) in the bank I am going to hit the road and work my way around the world. I will pick up any work that i can along the way to save/earn money. Time in one place will not be an issue for me since I will sell everything that I can and store the rest with my Dad. I am looking for tips, comments, and advice in the following areas:
1. Good "base camps." I need to determine some places that I will visit fairly often that are cheap for accomodation *and* supplies. So far I have found Bangkok and Mexico as two options.
2. Storage for my belongings. I will be camping mostly in Europe as the other areas of the world are cheap to stay in hotel/hostel. I will not need to lug around camping gear unless I am in Europe so any good places in Europe to store it cheaply would be great.
3. When/where to find short term work and what kind of work to look for. I am aware of working at hostels for free board/breakfast. I am looking for other work in addition to that so I can receive hard cash which is more useful. I have heard of bars and cafes but I am not sure where to look for this type of work. (under the table is preferred)
4. Cool places to visit outside of western europe! I am looking for cool, off the beaten path places out there that you guys have personally been too. Major cities I am aware of. I am looking for smaller places that I havent heard of!
5. Anything else that you feel is important for me to know/do. I am aware that some places require visas and will research all of that info before I set sail. This is the catch-all item for anything else you guys wanna mention!
T-punk 4 life!