WTF? Time to move!? - Page 2 - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 02-25-2006, 11:56 AM   #21
Backcountry Betty

Send a message via Yahoo to ScarlotteDorian

Quote:
Originally posted by omisan@Feb 13 2006, 02:06 AM
the Cure at Royal Albert Hall on April 1st in London... and wound up getting some of the best seats in the house before the floor sold out! God, why does spending money I don't have feel so right??
[snapback]102365[/snapback]
god, why does hating you for seeing both the cure and depeche mode in the UK feel so right. that ass wag in your avatar never felt so much like a 'nanny nanny boo boo' before today. lucky s.o.b....

the cure and depeche mode in the same week..i would just..i mean...

people travel to wonder at the height of the mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long course of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars; and they pass by themselves without wondering. -St. Augustine
ScarlotteDorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:30 PM   #22
BONO'S LOVE SLAVE

Very cool! Glad it worked out for you (well so far anyway!)!

Metro to Ginza shopping district: 160 yen

Watching middle-aged Japanese woman dance to U2: priceless
U2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 02:59 AM   #23
Minister of Offense

Send a message via AIM to omisan Send a message via Yahoo to omisan

Awwww, well, SD, if it's any consolation to you, between security deposit, overlapping rents for two places, and the England trip, I'll be in the poorhouse for the next few months - So if you like schadenfreude, you'll feel just fine about it

In fact, I think I had my first bit of money-related anxiety in a long while today.

I was walking out of a liquor store and these hoodrats asked me for a quarter. Normally I don't care, and I ignored them as usual. Then one of them started harassing me... "Hey man? Are you deaf? I asked you for a quarter!" Not that a quarter's a big deal, but I felt extra broke (having thought about my security deposit/rent situation all day) and snapped at the guy - "Go fuck yourself, asshole!" Well, I had to walk a long and roundabout way home so they wouldn't know where I lived, as they started following me and talking smack... oops! I don't know what it is but financial stress gets to me more than any other.

Find out @ http://omidabroad.blogspot.com

omisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:40 AM   #24
Don't cut the red wire...

Send a message via MSN to The Monsignor Send a message via Yahoo to The Monsignor

Quote:
Originally posted by omisan@Feb 26 2006, 03:59 AM
Awwww, well, SD, if it's any consolation to you, between security deposit, overlapping rents for two places, and the England trip, I'll be in the poorhouse for the next few months - So if you like schadenfreude, you'll feel just fine about it

In fact, I think I had my first bit of money-related anxiety in a long while today.

I was walking out of a liquor store and these hoodrats asked me for a quarter. Normally I don't care, and I ignored them as usual. Then one of them started harassing me... "Hey man? Are you deaf? I asked you for a quarter!"* Not that a quarter's a big deal, but I felt extra broke (having thought about my security deposit/rent situation all day) and snapped at the guy - "Go fuck yourself, asshole!"* * Well, I had to walk a long and roundabout way home so they wouldn't know where I lived, as they started following me and talking smack... oops!* I don't know what it is but financial stress gets to me more than any other.*
[snapback]104375[/snapback]

See, and I guess i'm different - nothing relieves my financial stress quite like beating the piss outta a couple of trash-talking hood-rats! (ok, maybe blowing stuff up, but that's harder to ad-lib)

Make war, not love! It's safer!

The Monsignor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 12:34 PM   #25
Minister of Offense

Quote:
See, and I guess i'm different - nothing relieves my financial stress quite like beating the piss outta a couple of trash-talking hood-rats!
Hahaha.. I'm sure it would've been some excellent stress relief.. but I've learned in the past that it's best for me to cool off and not get into it with anyone. Though maybe that's the outlet I need. Anyone wanna spar?

Old 03-06-2006, 02:31 PM   #26
Minister of Offense

Update: So I was all set up to move yesterday, wound up with a truck so I can do it all at once, but was unable to get the keys for the new place. My roomie-to-be was out all day, but forgot to take his phone with him! d'OH! Anyway, I have to push back the move a bit. Luckily, I still have time before my move-out date on the current place.

In the meantime, since I had all my stuff packed up and boxes all over my room, I found a nice space to sleep on the floor. We had a pretty big storm come in last night, so being cold, I turned on my room's heater in the middle of the night. At some point, I must've gotten too warm and kicked off my comforter. Pretty common occurence. Then at another point, I woke up to the scent of burning down. My comforter was on fire!! I'd kicked it into the heater and it started burning. Oooooops. This has so not been my weekend.

Old 03-06-2006, 02:52 PM   #27
BONO'S LOVE SLAVE

Comforter on fire? Yikes!!! Well, if the weekend didn`t go well, it can only get better from here!

Metro to Ginza shopping district: 160 yen

Watching middle-aged Japanese woman dance to U2: priceless
U2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:56 PM   #28
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to bookofkels Send a message via Yahoo to bookofkels

Ah shit omi, not the best start to a new move!!

Hopefully it all goes better for you the next time you do "move", and on another note, i only just read this thread, but if i had read it earlier i would have so been your new roomie, i always wanted to move to San Fran area, and i'm not the bunny boiler stalker type or nothing......
Old 03-06-2006, 11:09 PM   #29
***** gear guru

Send a message via ICQ to kingcrazylegs Send a message via AIM to kingcrazylegs Send a message via MSN to kingcrazylegs Send a message via Yahoo to kingcrazylegs

Damn Omi, your bed is on fire!

all that is not given is lost
kingcrazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:58 PM   #30
Minister of Offense

It's all good... I've now learned a valuable lesson, and I'm pretty sure I won't go up in flames tonight. That and I now have the keys to the new place, having met up with the roomie tonight, and he feels extra bad that I could've burnt to a crisp last night.

Hrmm.. I just realized. Due to the overlap, I currently have 2 residences in San Francisco. Holy shit, this is what the rich feel like? Totally overrated!

BTW Kels - You're a fine example of why I love TP. Not only can you get great travel advice here, you get girls offering to move in with you. God bless TravelPunk.

Old 03-07-2006, 06:40 AM   #31
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to bluepea

Thanks for reinforcing my fear in space heaters. Jake's going to hate you. I refuse to use the stupid things.

Anyhow, that's cool things are smoothing out. So, now you have to head out to pick up chicks and then ask all suavely "so, which pad do you want to go back to?"

Have some general questions such as whether or not to get a rail pass or how much money you'll need? Visit here!

First time travelers/travelers with a lot of questions - this forum is for you![b]
bluepea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:02 AM   #32
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by omisan@Mar 6 2006, 10:31 PM
Then at another point, I woke up to the scent of burning down. My comforter was on fire!! I'd kicked it into the heater and it started burning.
[snapback]105617[/snapback]
Omi, how can we dance when our beds are burning?

worldwidemike
worldwidemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:59 AM   #33
Minister of Offense

Jamie - I never thought I'd have the "my place or.. uh, mine?" dilemma!

WWM - that is SO bad... probably why I'm laughing so hard