Just a little something - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 01-17-2005, 01:05 PM   #1
TPunk Recognized

I just found this thing and thought, though I'm sure most of you have already seen it, that I should post it in an attempt to promote racial understanding amongst the U.S.'s three largest races.

Ten truths that black people and Hispanics know but white people won't admit:
1) Elvis is dead
2) Jesus was not white
3) Rap music is here to stay
4) Skinny does not equal sexy
5) Kissing your pet is not cute or clean
6) Thomas Jefferson had black children
7) A 5 year old child is too big for a stroller
8) N'Sync will never hold a candle to the Jackson 5
9) An occasional ass whooping helps a child stay in line
10) Having your children curse you out in public is not normal

Ten truths that white people and black people know but hispanics won't admit
1) Hickey's are not attractive
2) Chicken is a food, not a roommate
3) Jesus is not a name for your son
4) Your country's flag is not a car decoration
5) Maria is a name but not for every other daughter
6) "Jump out and run" is not in any insurance policies
7) 10 people to a car is considered too many
8) Buttoning just the top button of you shirt is a bad fashion statement
9) Mami and Papi can't possibly be the nickname of every person in your family
10) Letting your children run wildly through the store is not normal

Ten truths that white people and hispanics know but black people won't admit
1) O.J. did it
2) Tupac is dead
3) Weddings should start on time
4) Teeth should not be decorated
5) Your pastor doesn't know everything
6) Jesse Jackson will never be President
7) Red in not a kool-aid flavor, it's a color
8)Church does not require expensive clothes
9) Crown Royal bags are meant to be thrown away
10) Your rims and sound system should not be worth more than your car.

All you folks from other countries might not get the hilarity of this stuff but trust me, it's funny as hell.

And in the immortal words of Chris Rock: "I'm not racist, I hate EVERYBODY!"

The beauty of this world will last
Much longer than its men
No need for man to test this fact
Enjoy the view instead----Me(Part of a longer poem)
ChasinJason1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 01:09 PM   #2
BONO'S LOVE SLAVE

Metro to Ginza shopping district: 160 yen

Watching middle-aged Japanese woman dance to U2: priceless
U2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 08:36 AM   #3
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by jw1313@Jan 17 2005, 09:05 PM
2) Jesus was not white
I know this was posted as humor and all, and some of it is dead on (and funny!). However, exactly what "color" do you consider Hebrews (i.e., Jewish people) to be, then?

One of my pet peeves has always been historical revisionism to make things more "politically correct"...

worldwidemike
worldwidemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 09:27 AM   #4
BONO'S LOVE SLAVE

Actually, I was sort of wondering the same thing.

Old 01-18-2005, 10:08 AM   #5
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to voyd Send a message via Yahoo to voyd
Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by worldwidemike+Jan 18 2005, 10:36 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(worldwidemike @ Jan 18 2005, 10:36 AM)</div>
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-jw1313
Quote:
@Jan 17 2005, 09:05 PM
2) Jesus was not white
what "color" do you consider Hebrews (i.e., Jewish people) to be, then?[/b]
Well, it's actually more "un-revisionist," if anything.

The modern PC White image of Jesus was based largely upon Medieval European painters - who really had no historical basis for their depictions. And also from the looks of many modern European Ashkenazi "Jews" today. But, many of those are actually descended from non-Semitic Khazars - a Central Asian tribe whose king picked Judaism as their state religion in the 700s AD. So, a large percentage of "Jews" today are actually "Turkic" Khazars further assimilated with modern Europeans - and thus not representative of their original more Semitic appearance.

In reality, Biblical descriptions, ancient paintings and recent forensics on ancient Jewish skulls do support a darker Jesus and original Hebrews (those descended from Heber, great-great-grandson of Noah).
Quote:
earliest representations of Jesus, Mary, and Christ's disciples appear in the catacombs of Rome, where the first Christians, known as Essenes buried their dead. All of these portrayals show* a dark-skinned Messiah. In addition, the Roman Empire under Emperor Justinian II minted a gold coin that pictured Jesus. This coin, which today can be viewed in the British Museum, shows a man with clearly non-white facial features and tightly curled hair, consistent with the description of Christ in the Book of Revelations, wherein it is stated* that Jesus had hair like wool, feet the colour of burnt brass, and resembled jasper and sardine stones: both of which were brown in colour.
Our best guess today based on all of the above?

Meanwhile, there is really no real evidence supporting a blue-eyed blonde Disney Jesus. Sorry folks, but Jesus probably did not look like Brad Pitt and neither did ancient Hebrews. And while we're at it, Santa Claus and the Easter bunny ain't real either. What's funny is that even though most churches know this truth today, they still refuse to replace the false depictions of a White Jesus in all their beautiful stained-glass windows and publications. Why continue to knowingly perpetuate this lie? I guess they're afraid their mass followers are too racist to worship someone darker than themselves? To be honest, churches are some of the most racially-segregated places on Earth. So many followers worshipping the same "Yahweh"...but all largely separately by race. But, I digress...

Some Afro-centrists even claim that the ancient Hebrews were Black - but I'm still more prone to believe that they were just more Arab-looking. Not white, not black, but somewhere in between. See Saddam Hussein and other modern Semitic Arabs.
voyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 10:18 AM   #6
BONO'S LOVE SLAVE

Voyd

Old 01-18-2005, 11:09 AM   #7
An Optimistic Realist.

Send a message via AIM to Sijuki Send a message via MSN to Sijuki Send a message via Yahoo to Sijuki

Good job voyd, for taking the time to explain something i didn't feel like explaining. Of course I didn't know about the Turkic peoples. I just figure from most descriptions and depictions that hebrews always appeared darker in color than most modern semitics. Therefore I always assumed Jesus would have darker skin.

While we are discussing Jesus, anyone watch the Da Vinci code thing on TLC, I think it was. One of those educational type channels. It was kinda interesting.

2009-2014: February - Mexico (Cancun x 3, Cozumel x 1, Mazatlan x 2

2014 : Europe: Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Czech Rep, Germany, France, England

2015 : US:Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Joshua Tree NP, Salton Sea, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Mt. Rushmore. 20 states. Europe: Stockholm, Barcelona, Madrid, Prague, Krakow, Warsaw, Ireland (month driving around), Northern Ireland, Edinburgh.

2021: Europe?

Need a Railpass for that Trip to Europe?
Or Maybe a Hostel Reservation?
Frog Creek Brewing -- Upcoming Microbrewery

Sijuki@gmail.com
Sijuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 12:00 PM   #8
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to voyd Send a message via Yahoo to voyd
Red face

^ Well, I'm not exactly sure what Khazars originally looked like - but I'm pretty sure they and many "Turkics" were lighter than Semites/Arabs. For geographically, they were basically in what is today Western Russia/Eastern EU.

If you search for pics of modern "Khazars," they look like this (although I don't know if that's how they all used to look):

Meanwhile, the Semitic areas are farther south into Northern Africa and people there tend to be a bit darker, on the whole.

But, as "Judaic" Khazars assimilated into Europe as did many ethnic Hebrews - they both became lighter and more European-looking after many generations. But, that's not how they originally looked.

Well, "creating gods" in man's image is nothing new. The Chinese did the same thing with Siddartha Guatama Buddha. Over the centuries, he also got a "Michael Jackson-style" ethnic makeover and slowly went from Indian to Chinese:
AUM!
voyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 01:57 AM   #9
TPunk Recognized

Oy vey!!

Tho I didn't mean for this post to run too deeply into the racial make-up of Jesus, I think it only fair to disspell a myth that lives freely in Christian belief. Jesus was NOT a white dude. Really, what on earth would lead people to believe that Jesus was white???? All the people from Judea were brown, all the soon-to-be- Arabs were dark brown and the Romans were olive skinned.
Where in the hell does it say that Jesus is white????? I guarantee you that if African tribes had taken over the known world in the middle ages, Jesus would be a black man(which he wasn't either).
Why is it so hard for people to find a middle ground? Why does Jesus have to be white? Cuz he's the living embodiment of "good" ???? Who's to say that the color black doesn't mean good???? I think it's all bullshit and that we should all bow down to a non-denominational savior. Whether he gave his life for me or not, he was a great man and it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm christian, Jewish, Islamic, or otherwise. There is nothing wrong with believing that Jesus was a great man while simultaneously believing that I am a great man, as are the people whom which I surround myself.

The beauty of this world will last
Much longer than its men
No need for man to test this fact
Enjoy the view instead----Me(Part of a longer poem)
ChasinJason1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 04:13 AM   #10
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

um ok
Old 01-19-2005, 09:29 AM   #11
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by jw1313@Jan 17 2005, 01:05 PM
3) Jesus is not a name for your son
Hehe, can we agree on this at least?
Somnambulation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:50 AM   #12
***** gear guru

Send a message via ICQ to kingcrazylegs Send a message via AIM to kingcrazylegs Send a message via MSN to kingcrazylegs Send a message via Yahoo to kingcrazylegs

Funny as hell JW

And what can I say Voyd...you the man

all that is not given is lost
kingcrazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote