5 or so things most people don't know about you - Page 14 - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 03-13-2007, 11:22 PM   #261
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via MSN to kiwichick

lol aww ta i never really thought bout it like that! lol yeh i was reading through and sumwher along it seemed ppl gave up on five so i just went with it and once i have 7/8ish it seemed wrong to end there lol
kiwichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:55 PM   #262
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Maineartist

1. In the fifth grade I was in my state's geography bee finals.

2. I've had agoraphobia.

3. I paid a doctor's bill with a self-portrait.

4. I can just about touch the back of my head to my toes.

5. When I run in a soccer game I move like a raptor with my hands pulling in the air.

6. I took pool lessons from "waterdog".
Anybody heard of him on T.P.? I considered being a serious player.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:26 AM   #263
Resident Junglist

Send a message via MSN to buzzingtalk

haha funny thread i guess i don't know any of you well on here yet so here is an insight into me

1. I have quite a few fears, all of them irrational, the worst one is I have a very bad fear of soggy bread! I found out when my bro made me toast and put it on the plate too quick and when i went to eat it, the bottom was wet, i screamed the house down and had a panic attack

2. When i was 11 I had my left kidney out. One night, my mum told me we were moving house, cue a strop from me as i didnt want to uproot again. the next morning, i recieved a letter from the hospital tellin me i was to have a nephrectomy in 2 weeks shittest day! and for the superstitious, i had my 14 inch stich out on friday 13th. which also happened to be my 12th birthday

3. I play many instruments, mainly piano guitar and bass, but am learning sitar, didgeredoo and ukelele at the moment

4. I am a vegetarian. and have been for nearly 15 years!! i saw a programme when i was about 7 about chickens and how they are 'manafactured' in the UK. havent eaten meat since

5. I used to be very tempered in school, and would snap out at people and go completley mad at people for no reason. I think the worst thing i ever did was set this bullys hair on fire cos she worshipped it...or threw a chair at my teacher (he called me mum a liar!) But the second i left that school, all the anger and violence dissipated and i learnt to be me again. i started to travel, enjoy life more and stop getting aggy at the world

6. I managed to down a shot in 0.72 of a second, beating about 100 people that joined in the competition. haha

7. when i was 11, i was the youngest person ever to complete the womans london run - its only 10K through london but my mates cousin ran it, and i decided to try and do it too, when i got to the end the people where shocked that i had done it!! thats the only sporting thing ive done though

8. When two people talk to me at once it really freaks me out and gives me bad headaches, i think this stems from one of my only nightmares from when i were little, in wich i cant see anything but can hear two voices that are unclear. I deal with it now but it realy used to annoy me!
buzzingtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:27 AM   #264
TPunk Recognized

Buzzingtalk- nice display pic! I totally redid the whole thinking you were a guy thing on this thread too before you put it up. Until I read the "woman's london run" bit...
louse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:39 PM   #265
Resident Junglist

Quote:
Originally Posted by louse View Post
Buzzingtalk- nice display pic! I totally redid the whole thinking you were a guy thing on this thread too before you put it up. Until I read the "woman's london run" bit...

haha! you never know with modern medical advances though
Old 03-28-2007, 08:53 PM   #266
Members

hmm this seems like a good way to introduce myself

1. i don't drive, partially because i suck but mostly because i'm terrified of it! my friends give me a lot of shit for it but i can't help it! i always freak out when i'm behind the wheel.

2. as much as i hate driving, my number 1 fear is throwing up. luckily i haven't for 11 years, but i love to drink and i'm spending a couple months in europe this summer so i know it's only a matter of time...

3. i've been a vegetarian for 10 years and a vegan for about 3 months. i miss chocolate more than anything, i think about it everyday!

4. i'm obsessed with kurt vonnegut, i quote him all the time, it drives people crazy.

5. i'm a virgin, but only because i'm afraid of commitment and i'm afraid people will think i'm a slut if i do it with someone outside of a relationship.

6. i wish it was acceptable to hug strangers. like if i see someone i don't know who looks upset, i always want to hug them but i don't want them to think i'm creepy or something...

7. when my cat died over the summer i cried harder than when every person i know died put together. it's not that i didn't like the people, it's just i loved my kitty so much!!!

mmk i think seven's a good number to stop at
kvrd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:23 PM   #267
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via MSN to kiwichick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvrd87 View Post
3. i've been a vegetarian for 10 years and a vegan for about 3 months. i miss chocolate more than anything, i think about it everyday!

5. i'm a virgin, but only because i'm afraid of commitment and i'm afraid people will think i'm a slut if i do it with someone outside of a relationship.
3.lol i totally understand! I tried to go vegan for just over two months and im sure chocolate was the killer of it!

5. Seriously if u wanna do it- DO IT!although if ur a chick and not in a relationship def try for sum one who atleast cares bout ya. U only have to answer to u at the end of the day and keeping that in mind can be very liberating!

Lol oh and welcum:D
kiwichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:29 AM   #268
TPunk Recognized

Great intro to the site kvrd87! I can relate to so many things on your list! Especially the crazy honesty you show. I love being blatantly honest about stuff.
Firstly with the hugging people thing, have you seen this?

It's become a total phenomenon. I saw some people doing it in Utrecht, Holland and I had no idea what it was about, but then I saw the film and in Berlin I saw more people doing it and I got a hug!
Secondly, you can get vegan chocolate! And it is delicious! I get it from oxfam and other free trade stores. But you can probably find some in supermarkets too... just check all the dark chocolates. One brand that offers vegan chocolate is "Black and Gold". I am a vegetarian, but all my normal (hehe) friends love this chooclate too! There is a delicious dark chocolate one with orange and spices.
And I hadn't thrown up for about 7 years until I came to europe.. now I have twice... once from alcohol and once from ... magic mushrooms... That was a very exciting new years...
Old 03-29-2007, 03:31 AM   #269
Resident Junglist

wow we got a lot in common!! throwing up gives me the fear too - i can only remember doing it twice in my life, once when i had my kidney out (luckily i was loaded on morphine so i didnt really think about it) but i threw up lots a few weeks ago when i got a stomach bug. it was horrible and yuck yuck yuck!! a bit of advice for when you come to europe? dont drink really sickly sweet drinks! they are the worst. and have some water between drinks and you'll be fine

i was vegan for about a year when i was 7 (dont ask - my best mate was so she helped me) and it was great - i try to do it for a month in each year where i go completley vegan and the natual energy you get is great! its a very pure way to live, its also very difficult but soon (like with being vegetarian) you wont even have to think about it. its just such a shame its such a damn expensive way to live (in the UK anyways) so i can't be vegan.

louse that film is mad!! i think we should have a meet up in europe this summer and go about hugging people
Old 03-29-2007, 04:58 AM   #270
TPunk Recognized

Haha that could actually happen. We should find out how to write 'free hug' in a bunch of languages... like "gratis knuffel!!" (knuffel is such a cute word, dutch for hug and also stuffed animals... so they basically call soft toys hugs... aww so sweet)
The best thing is that the film/idea is from Australia. That's us aussies for you, always spreading the love
Old 03-29-2007, 09:26 AM   #271
Members

1. I do not know how to swim, and I am deathly afraid of sticking my head under water

2. My brother has been in prison for 13 years and still has 2 more to go

3. I hate talking on the phone and will often go for days without answering it (hence the reason I have 53 messages on my cell phone)

4. I am a compulsive spender, but nowhere near as bad as my mom was when she racked up 50,000 USD on her credit cards

5. I love going to school and doing homework. I never get nervous when I take tests, and if I do not get a perfect score on an assigment I have to make sure no one else did too or I become insanely jealous.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:56 PM   #272
Tpunk Senior Moderators

1. At 6 weeks old I rolled off a work surface and fractured my skull.

2. I dumped my first serious boyfriend by text message (I hate that I did that).

3. I have a little story that I always make up in my head, and whenever I'm bored, I add to it. It's like a soap opera starring me, and it's been going on for a good couple of years now.

4. I ALWAYS have cold hands and feet, even when it's hot outside.

5. I swear an awful lot when I'm around friends, but never EVER swear in front of my parents or brother... even though he has the foulest mouth ever, and would never be shocked by anything I say.

6. I want a nosejob, and if I had the money I'd totally get it done.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:05 PM   #273
TPunk Recognized

1. I like the combination of pickles and peanut butter

2. I hate the feeling of unshaven legs when I'm skiing

3. I love when I have dreams that are so simple and realistic that I'm not sure if it actually happened when I wake up

4. I can ride a unicycle

5. I have a freckle on my eye!
mushroom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:43 AM   #274
Sandwich Magician

Send a message via Yahoo to PlayPal Send a message via Skype™ to PlayPal

Well damn, I've got to get in on this!

1. I always put my shirts on backwards at first so I can see the tag and then spin it around so it's on forward.

2. I have a freckle on my....well not my eye

3. Horses scare the hell out of me. Huge, unpredictable animals prone to irrational and sudden behavior at the slightest provocation. And yet... they're also really lovable...makes no sense

4. I love eggo waffles with peanut butter (creamy, and lots of it) and syrup. You think I'm weird, but try it! Your world will never be the same.

5. I think there should be a law against public bathroom doors that open in. Call me a germaphobe, but I want nothin to do with that handle.

6. I keep all pictures that I've ever taken, including ex girlfriends. Easier now that it's digital.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:41 AM   #275
Mod

Send a message via MSN to aliz

huh i've never posted here...

1. i drink on average 6-7 cups of tea a day

2. I don't eat pineapple or drink pineapple juice because i got sick when i was four and threw up lots of pineapples... 15 years later the smell of pineapple still makes me think of that...

3. If I'm listening to music on my iPod and not doing anything else (eg when i'm on the train) i give myself a part or an instrument and imagine myself playing with the band in concert... its worse when i'm listening to musical soundtracks

4. i study fashion design and when i'm deciding what to wear in the morning, my main goal is usually NOT to look like a fashion student, cause i hate the way most of my fellow students dress. people still say they can tell i do fashion. dammit.

5. i really really hate sleeping alone and i'm not used to it now because i live with my boyfriend.. but i'm at my parents house now and i have to sleep by myself tonight : (
Old 04-05-2007, 10:44 AM   #276
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to Delaney Send a message via MSN to Delaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayPal View Post
4. I love eggo waffles with peanut butter (creamy, and lots of it) and syrup. You think I'm weird, but try it! Your world will never be the same.
I LOVE peanut butter and syrup on waffles too! One of my most favorite things! Everyone thinks I am crazy but its so good.

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who'll decide where to go. - Dr. Suess

Why I'm not on TPunk as much anymore: http://www.kaushallab.cbl.umces.edu/people.html#katie
Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:12 PM   #277
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

i am right there with ya on the peanut butter... it's damn tasty on pancakes too!
Old 04-05-2007, 10:11 PM   #278
always trippin'

Hmmm, I need to think up some of these!

1. I had been to three continents by the time I was three months old.
2. I've appeared on Malaysian national TV dressed as Princess Amidala.
3. I entered the Malaysian "search for Avril Lavigne competition" but failed to win.
4. I failed my swimming test when getting my scuba certification, but I had just started learning how to swim 4 months earlier in order to even have the guts to jump off the jetty for my swim test!
5. I cried after my first kiss because I felt guilty for fooling around with a boy. The poor guy didn't know what to do.
6. I've broken up in three different countries out of the four serious relationships that I've had, and have not had a bf within 2000 miles of me in the past three years. Which sucks.
7. I rapped a Linkin Park song with my friend for my O Levels English oral exam.
8. I love having people play with my hair and give me back massages, and I'm just putting this out here so more people are aware of that fact and will hopefully act on it!

We'll leave the scandalous ones for next time.

Check out my band!
freespiritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:59 AM   #279
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to micdans

Letsee...

1. I don't like gooey cheese. I pick the cheese off my pizza before I eat it. I think this is from sometime when I was a child and puked it up. Weird textured food gets me.
2. I was offered a full-ride scholarship to run collegiately but turned it down to spend alot on school.
3. I love being outdoors. Fishing, swimming, running, skiing, camping, hiking - I guess that most people here like that too.
4. I'm kind of a hippie. I like to use herbs and such to cure my ailments. I got this from my mom.
5. Similar to the last one. We have chickens and recently got rid of our goats. Yes we do live in the city.

Yes, I'm weird. Last night my friend told me he was trying to explain me to another guy by saying, "most guys frequence is FM, most girls frequence is AM, Micah's frequence is BQ" whatever that means.
micdans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:45 PM   #280
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to SuDz

1. People always thought it was weird when I would be totally against arm wrestling in school growing up. The reason was because in eigth grade I broke a kids arm doing that and can vividly remember the sound of the bone breaking and the way his arm went limp bending backwards over itself followed by the scream. It was the first time I broke a persons bone and sticks with me cause it was the only time it was an accident.

2. I am my own worse enemy.

3. I have a fear of my Karma coming back for me.

4. I talk to the moon, regularly.

5. My brother is my cousin.

SuDZ
Rozza > yeah
Rozza > that should be your sig

Last edited by SuDz; 04-06-2007 at 01:47 PM.
SuDz is offline   Reply With Quote