I need Money Fast!!! - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 06-27-2005, 09:54 AM   #1
TP Ghost

Send a message via AIM to agriadam

I need to make $150 dollars by this weekend. That is 150 dollars on top of whatever I make at my full time job. On eof my friends Owes me 15 bucks so I will go collect on that and then I am going to go Donate Plasma I get 25 for the first and 40 on the second so that’s 65 for the plasma plus the 15 from my friend that puts me at 80 bucks that means I only need to make 70 more dollars any Ideas???? Please Help!!!!!

“Life is too short to spend it doing something you don't like... if your passion is selling surfboards by the sea, then that is where you should be.”
-My Dad

"Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of France, Mexico and the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonalds? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria's mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head? I know what I want. I want it all. I want to try everything once."
-Anthony Bourdain

“If you can imagine a man having a vasectomy without anesthetic to the sound of frantic sitar-playing, you will have some idea what popular Turkish music is like.”
-Bill Bryson

"The older I get the less likely I feel I will ever figure my life out... I think that might be okay though"
-Me
agriadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:03 AM   #2
Yoda

There's always Labor Ready... work today, paid today. But I don't recommend it. Any odd jobs you can do for friends, family, neighbors? Yard work, house cleaning, fix-it stuff, etc?

What do you need the cash for in such a hurry?
Old 06-27-2005, 10:11 AM   #3
The " ... " queen of TP!

Quote:
Originally posted by space virgin@Jun 27 2005, 01:02 PM
What do you need the cash for in such a hurry?
Why bother asking such a silly question SV? Obviously this is for his drug dealer/loan shark....I mean what else could it be for?

If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forward and people won't know if you're coming or going.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
-James Dean

Countries I've Visited: Austria, Botswana, Canada, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy. Malawi, Mexico, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, USA, UK, Vatican City, Zambia
simply_angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:37 AM   #4
TP Ghost

Well of course the money is for my drug dealer but I have this plan all I need is 150 up front and this loan shark will.....

Seriously, I have a date this weekend and it's with a girl that I actually like (Yes I know what a shocker).... I need to get gas (30 bucks) and then the rest (depending on how much I have) will be dinner, drinks, and entertainment. Oh and for those that don't know my Identity was thefted(is that a word?) so all my credit cards have been canceled and it will be 7-10 business days before I get my new ones... Garrrr....

“Life is too short to spend it doing something you don't like... if your passion is selling surfboards by the sea, then that is where you should be.”
-My Dad

"Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of France, Mexico and the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonalds? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria's mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head? I know what I want. I want it all. I want to try everything once."
-Anthony Bourdain

“If you can imagine a man having a vasectomy without anesthetic to the sound of frantic sitar-playing, you will have some idea what popular Turkish music is like.”
-Bill Bryson

"The older I get the less likely I feel I will ever figure my life out... I think that might be okay though"
-Me
Old 06-27-2005, 10:42 AM   #5
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to pinion

Why don't you just explain to her that you've been a victim of identity theft and just do something low key? You don't have to blow $150 on a date.

If you took her out for coffee at some cool shop or went for a walk somehwhere romantic (ie sunset, or a beach) I'm sure thats going to score as many browny points as taking her out for dinner and having drinks.
And I never will play the wild rover no more
pinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:49 AM   #6
Yoda

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by pinion@Jun 27 2005, 05:41 PM
Why don't you just explain to her that you've been a victim of identity theft and just do something low key? You don't have to blow $150 on a date.

Dude, if you like her and you want to spend more time with her, you might as well find out if she's okay with just chilling out. Or if she's the type that you NEED to spend $150 on. *shrug*
Old 06-27-2005, 11:39 AM   #7
TP Ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by pinion@Jun 27 2005, 12:41 PM

If you took her out for coffee at some cool shop or went for a walk somehwhere romantic (ie sunset, or a beach) I'm sure thats going to score as many browny points as taking her out for dinner and having drinks.
okay I like your style...I didn't really plan on spending 150 but it was a starting point I can probably easily get by with the 65 from selling plasma but if I had 100+ all the more better cause I hate worrying about $. I really think that she would be fine with going and getting coffee and some other low key things. But I'm the type of guy who likes to spend some money

Okay new Question: What are some Good Low Cost Date Options? oh and the beach is out of the question unless you count the beach on the Ohio River....but I think I got a couple ideas of good places for a walk in Downtown Indy.

-My Dad

-Anthony Bourdain

-Bill Bryson

-Me
Old 06-27-2005, 11:45 AM   #8
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by agriadam@Jun 27 2005, 11:38 AM
But I'm the type of guy who likes to spend some money

Okay new Question:* What are some Good Low Cost Date Options? oh and the beach is out of the question unless you count the beach on the Ohio River....but I think I got a couple ideas of good places for a walk in Downtown Indy.
I'm the same way too....but once you've done a couple high end dates with a girl you quickly realize you don't make enough to keep up the act.

Are there any places to go for live music? Going to a jazz bar or something would be awsome. We have a place here that does open mic nights and its great...espeically when the people are horrible.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:58 PM   #9
TPunk Camping Addict

Maybe this will work for you, maybe not, but here is my suggestion:

The best low cost date I went on involved a picnic blanket, a bottle of wine, baguette sandwiches, a salad and some frozen coffee we picked up on the way. We drove out of the city into the middle of nowhere by a small lake and spend the afternoon and evening laughing about nothing in particular. When it got late we watched the sun set and snuggled on the blanket. Simple, fun AND low cost.

Best of luck Adam!
Old 06-27-2005, 02:42 PM   #10
TP Ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by GoKrazy@Jun 27 2005, 03:57 PM
Maybe this will work for you, maybe not, but here is my suggestion:

The best low cost date I went on involved a picnic blanket, a bottle of wine, baguette sandwiches, a salad and some frozen coffee we picked up on the way. We drove out of the city into the middle of nowhere by a small lake and spend the afternoon and evening laughing about nothing in particular. When it got late we watched the sun set and snuggled on the blanket. Simple, fun AND low cost.

Best of luck Adam!

BRILLIANT!!

Thanks for the suggestions guys and gals. keep 'em coming. With these ideas I could make it 2 or 3 dates on 60 bucks

-My Dad

-Anthony Bourdain

-Bill Bryson

-Me
Old 06-27-2005, 05:51 PM   #11
TPunk Emeritus

I don't know if this is a first date or what, but if you and she are comfortable with going to your place...how about you cook for her? You could buy a decent bottle of wine or two, plus all the food for a great meal for a lot less than what you would spend out. You get more time to hang out and talk....she will greatly appreciate the effort...its all good...assuming you can cook at least a little?? Afterwards, you can either hang out, or go see a band or something....all without spending a ton of cash.

An alternative is coming up with something to do related to something she is really into. How much do you know about her, what are a couple of things she is really passionate about?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

"The plural of anecdote is not data"
LiveFreeorDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 06:01 PM   #12
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to benna2 Send a message via MSN to benna2 Send a message via Yahoo to benna2

The picnic idea is a sweet one....I would enjoy that on a date with a guy (especially if I really liked him) I think that would be nice and easy going.

As far as feeling that you need to spend so much money on a date...that shouldn't be the case. I would never want a guy to spend money that he couldn't really afford on a date with me.

Come visit me in the DR!
www.sosuavacationrentals.com
benna2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 07:39 PM   #13
TP Ghost

UPDATE

Well I just got off the phone with her and I told her about my credit and shit ( she was absolutly fine with it) so we are going to have a picnic and seeing as how this is 4th of july weekend(perfect) we are going to watch the fireworks downtown.

and yes this is a first date.... and no I can't cook unless you count Grilled Cheese and Romajn Noodles

Keep the Ideas Rolling I'm not the only one looking for Cheap Dates

-My Dad

-Anthony Bourdain

-Bill Bryson

-Me
Old 06-27-2005, 07:42 PM   #14
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to benna2 Send a message via MSN to benna2 Send a message via Yahoo to benna2

whoo hoo! Good luck Adam! Hope ya fall in love....haha.

No seriously though have a great time and be the nice gentleman we just know is lurking around there somewhere!

Come visit me in the DR!
www.sosuavacationrentals.com
benna2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 07:48 PM   #15
Members

You should sell your kidney or something, or bet on proline. Girls dont like guys who are broke, look at George Costanza. Any girl worth dating will be angry if you are broke, credit theft is no excuse for them either.

So by any means necessary, make money. Hobo's dont get any action for a reason... no money

lol
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:13 PM   #16
You want fries with that?

Spartan, I think it was the parents thing that drove most women away from Constanza. And the lack of hair :D

As for Adam, may I suggest the following money making opportunities.

Wash my car: $20

Give me a pedicure: $20

Do my laundry: $20

Clean my apartment: $20

So far, we're at $80.

For the remainder of the $150 you need, I'll fly out to Indy, kick you swiftly and repeatedly in the balls, and give you a third party post-dated out of state check.

Work for you? :D

"Steve is the prototypical cool American male. Y'know, I'm talking about Steve McGarrett, alright? Steve Austin, Steve McQueen. Y'know, he's the guy on his horse, the guy alone. He has his own code of honor, his own code of ethics, his own rules of living, man. He never, ever tries to impress the women but he always gets the girl."

Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:18 PM   #17
Members

Wink

I am so spun out that you would donate your plasma so you can go out on a date with a girl....I wish a guy would do that for me!!!
Ahhh how romantic!
Old 06-27-2005, 08:23 PM   #18
TP Ghost

Sparten - How much does a kidney go for these days? and can I get the money by this weekend?
Joker - Really????
Beck -
benna - nice gentleman? If we could only find that guy.....

-My Dad

-Anthony Bourdain

-Bill Bryson

-Me
Old 06-27-2005, 08:36 PM   #19

oh man this thread is a joke!
Old 06-27-2005, 08:37 PM   #20
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by Joker@Jun 27 2005, 08:12 PM
For the remainder of the $150 you need,* I'll fly out to Indy, kick you swiftly and repeatedly in the balls, and give you a third party post-dated out of state check.

Work for you? :D
hahaha too classic