RTW Summer 09 - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 06-24-2008, 05:57 AM   #1

Default RTW Summer 09

Alright so I have a general idea of the route I'd like to take, except I have the constraint on being back end of august to walk for graduation. I am taking a class in Tallinn, Estonia and Krakow, Poland for 3 weeks starting the end of May, I have a good friend that lives in Singapore, and two cousins that live in New Zealand. I will be doing trips from these places, but having a free place to stay makes it a lot more appealing to start from there. I know its a short amount of time, but it is probably going to be one of my last opportunities to do this, so I have to at least make an attempt. I have done Europe and Central America both a couple times, but planning this seems to get more and more complicated as I get deeper into it.

Has anyone done the Trans-Siberian? I have read a little and see there are routes that will take you all the way into Beijing, but it seems like flying anywhere from China is difficult.

Fly from E. Europe to SE Asia? I have looked at a couple of ticket brokering sites such as airtreks.com and airbrokers.com, but are these kind of sites legit, and are they the cheapest way to get a RTW ticket?

or Adjust my route completely?

Thoughts, suggestions, bashing, public humiliation are all welcome

"Come on yall lets take a ride, don't you say shit just get inside, its time to take yo ass on another kind of trip cause you can't have the hop if you don't have the hip. Grab yo gat with the extra clip and close yo eyes and hit the switch, we goin to a place where everybody kick it kick it, kick it, yeah... that's the ticket ain't no bloodin', ain't no cripin' ain't no punk-ass nigga's set trippin' everybody's got a stack and it ain't no crack
and it really don't matter if you're white or black, I wanna take you there like the Staple Singers put something in the tank and I know that I can bring ya If you can't take the heat get yo' ass out the kitchen, we're on a mission" -coolio

http://grahampotter.blogspot.com
GrahamP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:10 AM   #2
french touch

I bought my ticket with STA travel after months of searching, discussing with agents and receiving different offers and itinerary. Mine turned out to be a return flight Canada-Australia with stopovers in Asia and Europe. It was the best deal for my needs. I don't remember if I dealt with airbrokers or airtreks. Can't help you on this sorry.

RTW tickets don't usually have connections between Eastern Europe and Asia, so you might have to pay extra fees for that. Or set your E.E. itineray as a loop, traveling overland, departing and coming back to Francfort or Amsterdam. That would work perfectly with any typical RTW ticket, as those cities are easy to insert in the RTW itinerary.

That could take you to Bangkok, Singapour or Kuala Lumpur, the three S.E.A. cities you'll find the most for a RTW trip.

Transsiberian is a mythical journey ! A friend of mine has done it, he loved it for the first days, then... quit ! Too boring for him so he travel down to Mongolia then China.

From China, you can enter Vietnam or Laos (not sure on this one, don't know if the border is open to foreigner...) by train or bus.

people are people

Esterina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
TPunk Recognized

bootsnall.com

I was hoping I'd get to do a RTW some day and this was the best trip planner I found.

The beauty of this world will last
Much longer than its men
No need for man to test this fact
Enjoy the view instead----Me(Part of a longer poem)
ChasinJason1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:59 AM   #4
Members

Send a message via Yahoo to rugbymomo11

traveling around SE asia can be simple depending on what country your passport was issued from. US citizens have a pretty easy time entering most asian countries and get a 30 day visa upon entry. if you are going to be staying longer than that you will need to apply for an extension when you get there. dont just over stay the visa because the fines are hefty day to day. i have been through thailand, Malaysia, Philippines and Singapore and you can go anyway you want. it is also an easy border cross into Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia these days.

if you go to KL from singapore you might as well train it since it is cheaper and about the same amount of time as flying is these days. it is about 24 hours by train to BKK from KL but there are some must stops on the way like Surat Thani and then jump the boat to Samui and Pha Ngan. take in the full moon party at Haad Rin. you will be happy you did it.

hope this helps a little. one other suggestion, you can find some cheap cheap rooms on asiarooms.com. you get higher end hostels or hotels at cheap rates.
rugbymomo11 is offline   Reply With Quote