Get beyond stoned... - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 09-28-2004, 12:06 AM   #1
Members

So I heard about this stuff called Salvia. Short for Salvia Divinorum, I heard great things about it. How people experienced total other lives in 10 minutes, and tripped really hard. I heard a lot of mixed effects it had on people, but no negative effects. So I figured I'd give a try, because it's PERFECTLY LEGAL in the US. I had to drive to Austin to buy it, but considering how expensive it is, that was the least of my worries. I went to a head shop called "The Gas Pipe" and looked around. Salvia comes in a few different forms, raw leaf, extract 5x, extract 10x, and extract 15x. For your first time I reccomend the extract 10x. I DO NOT reccomend the raw leaf. It sucks. It did nothing for me, someone suggested I chew it, and it tasted like hell, and alas, no effect. But the 10x was amazing. My whole world turned upside down, it was amazingly undescribable. If you're wondering why it's legal, it's because it's chemical structure doesn't resemble that of any other illegal substances in the US. Therefore, it can't be made illegal until a good enough reason is given. The high only lasts about 10-15 minutes. And from a US$40 bag I got about 13 uses. If you try this stuff out, be sure to use a butane lighter, or something that will heat it to 700 degrees F.

Just thought I'd share that experience.
-Colt
Old 09-28-2004, 07:50 AM   #2
Minister of Offense

Send a message via AIM to omisan Send a message via Yahoo to omisan

Here's the dope on Salvia, from Erowid - probably THE authority on drug info on the web...

http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia.shtml

Find out @ http://omidabroad.blogspot.com

omisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 10:01 AM   #3
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

hmm everything is crazy cheap here in brasil... i should look this stuff up...
Old 09-29-2004, 11:16 PM   #4
Members

Send a message via Yahoo to MsMolly

Thanks for the info on this stuff Omisan! This stuff sounds fun until you get to the part about sitting still. Isnt that half the fun of being in another state of mind is experiencing things beyond your couch? It's def something im gonna have to try, dont get me wrong, but Colt im curious as too what you experienced. Could you describe a little please!

Rachal

"Don't hate the player, just play the game!"
MsMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 03:24 PM   #5
TPunk Emeritus

Sounds like a good time...but I'm to lazy to look for a seller. Ahh the laziness.

"If I had a kid I'd f**k it. Then kill it. Then f**k it again." Seattle 2006

blog of travels and such
flickr

Currently located in HAWAII

Been to: Alaska, Bahamas, Canada, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Hawaii, Spain, Switzerland - - also meetups in Chicago, LA, and Seattle
blinkchick2134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 04:38 PM   #6
The " ... " queen of TP!

Wow, that sounds like such a crazy high........anybody know about it's legality in canada? I think i need to get my hands on some of this stuff.....

If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forward and people won't know if you're coming or going.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
-James Dean

Countries I've Visited: Austria, Botswana, Canada, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy. Malawi, Mexico, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, USA, UK, Vatican City, Zambia
simply_angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:19 AM   #7
T-PUNK SPECIAL FORCES

Is this the same shit they call Hippie crack?
Old 10-12-2004, 10:58 AM   #8
Minister of Offense

Send a message via AIM to omisan Send a message via Yahoo to omisan

Mmm.. Nitrous oxide is hippy crack.

Oxycontin (aka oxycodone) is "hillbilly heroin," although it's generally people w/ some cash and access to doctors who get the stuff (see: Limbaugh, Rush; Love, Courtney) so it's a bit of a misnomer. Please don't try this shit - it's practically synthesized smack in a slow-release caplet.

Find out @ http://omidabroad.blogspot.com

omisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 11:25 AM   #9
Yoda

Quote:
Originally posted by omisan@Oct 12 2004, 05:58 PM
Please don't try this shit - it's practically synthesized smack in a slow-release caplet.
um, yeah-- as someone who was prescribed oxycontin, I second that. Granted I was in enough continuous excruciating pain at the time to actually need it, AND the morphine they had me take in conjunction with it. But I really hope to hell I never have to go near the stuff ever EVER again.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:23 AM   #10
TPunk Emeritus

So I found someone on campus who has had/currently possesses this Salavia stuff. I could of tired it last night but opted for some weed instead. He told me it only lasts a good 5-10 mins and i wanted to be stoned for a tad so yea. Got some breakfast at the diner afterwards. Last night was good.

"If I had a kid I'd f**k it. Then kill it. Then f**k it again." Seattle 2006

blog of travels and such
flickr

Currently located in HAWAII

Been to: Alaska, Bahamas, Canada, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Hawaii, Spain, Switzerland - - also meetups in Chicago, LA, and Seattle
blinkchick2134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 05:50 PM   #11
Members

so where do u get this stuff,
im willing to try it at least once
Old 10-13-2004, 07:34 PM   #12
The " ... " queen of TP!

Quote:
Originally posted by wong name@Oct 13 2004, 08:50 PM
so where do u get this stuff,
* im willing to try it at least once
go to the site that omi suggested & by following a couple links there's a place that you can order it online (from the states....I dont know where you live)....i cant remember exactly how I got there....just play around I'm sure you'll find it.

If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forward and people won't know if you're coming or going.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
-James Dean

Countries I've Visited: Austria, Botswana, Canada, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy. Malawi, Mexico, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, USA, UK, Vatican City, Zambia
simply_angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:42 PM   #13
Members

Send a message via AIM to ganeshastusk

i read about it in Vice Mag and looked it up awhile ago, while trying to purchase it i noticed they sell it as incense! does that also get you high? or is that like hemp is to marijuana.

anyone know?
Old 11-06-2004, 09:58 PM   #14
Members

well i tried it and it only lasts a couple of minutes.........but there rather fun minutes------i just put it in my pipe and smoked it like pot......in the end for the price its not worth it for me........but thanks for the suggestion
Old 11-07-2004, 09:58 AM   #15
Members

My friend tried it four times last night, over a period of about an hour and a half. He said the first few times, it was just like being really stoned, but that the fourth time, while listening to Lateralus by Tool, he fell over and started hallucinating something wicked. Claims he went out into space to look down upon the earth, and watched it as though he was fast-forwarding from an early point in the history of the planet until now (about 8 million years, he says) and that it was crazy, because the whole time, the music was creating the land and the living things on the planet or something insane like that. Sounds like it's worth it, to me. . .
Old 11-07-2004, 10:03 AM   #16
Drifter in the making.

Wong, they say that smoking it isn't the right way to do it anyways.. apparently chewing it is... but either way you're not gonna get your money's worth if you smoke it.. it's not the fumes, it's the oils.

I will not say that your mulberry-trees are dead, but I am afraid they are not alive.
~ Jane Austen in a Letter (1811-05-31)
MolsonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 10:23 AM   #17
Members

Yeah, the Terrence McKenna method is supposed to be best (sit in a dark room with a digital clock visible, chew 15-20 leaves rolled up in a quid for 15 minutes, then spit 'em out and start tripping).
Old 11-07-2004, 10:23 AM   #18
I'll rock your socks off

I tried it with my best friend a few weekends ago, let's call it an intellectual curiousity about hallucinating, and we decided it was pretty lame. It had been pretty built up for us, one of our other friends said he saw the simpsons coming out of the wall the first time he tried it... So we sat on my bakc patio and smoked... She laughed for about two minutes solid, pretty hysterically, and I just kind of stared at the garden and slowly realized that the ground looked like it was breathing... We decided it was pretty lame, on the whole, but that it was ok since we didnt pay for the pipe or the stuff..... Our good friends own a smoke/ head shop...
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."
-T.E. Lawrence, Seven Pillars of Wisdom

bellelass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 04:41 PM   #19
Members

magnifico what if u have the extract and not the leaves.......if im not suppose to smoke it
Old 11-22-2004, 08:15 PM   #20
Members

Send a message via AIM to <br>MeredithAlberta Send a message via MSN to <br>MeredithAlberta Send a message via Yahoo to <br>MeredithAlberta

when the salvia craze hit my school my friends did it in giant bong rips.

to me it felt like a whippett with a touch of shroom and weed in there. it was short...and all i did was laugh my ass off and the room and friend's faces started undulating.

i thought it was over-rated, but some people really liked it.
Pausing, searching, receiving, contemplating,
Gently, but with undeniable will divesting myself of the holds that would hold me."
-Walt Whitman
<br>MeredithAlberta is offline   Reply With Quote