I'm going to be on TV!!!!! - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 03-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #1
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via AIM to pinknic38 Send a message via Yahoo to pinknic38 Send a message via Skype™ to pinknic38
Default I'm going to be on TV!!!!!

so this has been a scary day turned amazing.

this morning I entered a contest on the Ellen DeGeneres show, firstly cos they were giving away free plasma screen TVs and whatever, and I saw a link at the bottom cos it said "Are You A First Time Expecting Mom?" And I'm like "wellllll yes I am!" so I clicked on it and entered the thing, had to write this big long thing, whatever whatever.

then I ended up having to go to the ER because I had bad cramping and almost blacked out, long scary time, but everything is ok, no worries, just a combo of dehydration and perhaps a little too much activity over my NYC weekend, but while I was there I had a missed call from some girl from the Ellen show and gave me her number to call her back.

sooooooooo when I got home a little while ago I called back and this girl told me I'd been selected to get 2 tickets on the show (airfare is on my own - damn recession) and I think the pregnant women selected for the contest get to be on stage for a game! that was what I understand anyway, from what this girl said.

I'm excited cos even the losers on the Ellen show win stuff!!!!

here I just wanted a free TV!

so May 7th is the show and me and my sister I think are going. if my sister can cough up $ for the airfare. if not my friend Amanda is going. ahhahahahaha freaking amazing!

tpunk gallery * twitter
pinknic38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:12 PM   #2
Yoda

Awesome!! When I saw the headline but before reading the post I was like "well, of course she is". Going to be on TV, I mean.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
french touch

Haha, great ! Unbelievable! ...huh, on second thoughts, knowing you, it's not that surprising... sky is the limit Nicole!

Too bad I don't have cable tv, I would have loved to watch the show.

people are people

Esterina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:49 PM   #4
Mod

Send a message via MSN to aliz

haha, that's awesome! I love Ellen so much.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:03 PM   #5
Certified Wise

Awesome. I'll keep an eye out for that.

I'm guessing Ellen's games won't be as brutal as usual since there are pregnant women involved.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:43 AM   #6
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to mish99

Aaaah thats so awesome!!!! I love Ellen to!

Currently Working in England

After:Jan 5 - South Africa. Sometime 2012 - Canada!
mish99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:50 PM   #7
Tpunk Senior Moderators

That's fab!
Old 03-11-2009, 07:08 PM   #8
call me Condi!

YOU HAVE TO DANCE WITH HER. I command it. Insist upon it.

I swear to God I will go to a bar near work and force them to put the Ellen show on (what time is this amazingness?).

This is fantastic. Well done!
"I set out alone, finding no companion to cheer the way with friendly intercourse, and no party of travellers with whom to associate myself. Swayed by an overmastering impulse within me, and a long-cherished desire to visit those glorious sanctuaries, I resolved to quit all my friends and tear myself away from my home."
---Ibn Battuta, CE 1325

Latest travel crushes - Arizona, Morocco, The Baltic States, Tunisia, Portugal, Mexico
DC_Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:14 PM   #9
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via AIM to pinknic38 Send a message via Yahoo to pinknic38 Send a message via Skype™ to pinknic38

oh duhhh I will dance for sure. You will view with your very eyes a 5'3" girl who happens to be 6 months prego trying to c-walk. don't worry. I'm going to see if I can get on the lyrics thing too. I know every song in the world!

ellen is on at 3pm where I am from but where my mom lives it's on at 4 so I dunno when it's on for you. go on her website and see maybe!

tpunk gallery * twitter
Old 03-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #10
TPunk Recognized

congrats!!! That sounds awesome! :D
BedtimeontheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #11
TPunk Moderator

giving this thread a bump cos I'm still going to be on TV! I fly out to LA with my mom on Wednesday, we film on Thursday and the show airs on Friday.

soooooooo set your DVRs! I will be on the Ellen DeGeneres show on Friday! Not that I'm a guest star but it's the mother's day episode for first time expecting moms who have been hit hard by the economy. Folks from the show call weekly, and I just got a call this evening, asking me if I definitely wanted to come up and play a game, if I'd be willing to do anything as long sa it's safe (of course I said yes) and she was like "would you be a good contestant, like high energy?" LOL obviously she's never met me. HAHAHAHA.

the focus is mom's who've been hit hard by this economy, etc, so apparently she said the giveaways are bigger this year than any other year. she was all seriously asking me my monthly expenses, my concerns, if I took mass transit, what kind of car I drove, yada yada yada. asking me if I got support from the father, etc. I told her my deal.

she was like "you and your mom are flying all the way from Ohio? just for the show?" and I was like "yeah we're super excited cos we've never been to California" and she's like "I promise you that both of you are going to have a blast!" I don't know what this means, but I am SO excited!

the guests on the show are Ryan Seacrest and his mom and then Alison Sweeney (which is exciting to me cos I have watched Days of Our Lives since age 6) PLUS it's Ryan, we all know how big of an Idol fan I am... so it's going to be good no matter what. I know it isn't exciting as Celine Dion being on the show but I think maybe I couldn't have handled all that excitement LOL... it might send me into preterm labor! LOL

Here's a little blurb about the show... just scroll down to Friday.

If you guys can watch, click here to check and see what time the Ellen show plays in your area~!!!

:s toked:

tpunk gallery * twitter
Old 05-04-2009, 12:13 AM   #12
TPunk Moderator

i wanna see it but I'm not in the states!!!...can you put it on youtube? maybe they'll show it in a rerun
Elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #13
Certified Wise

I'm pretty sure they play it the day after here in Aus. I'm hoping they do because I've got next Monday off uni.

Of course I won't be able to check this thread because I want it to be a surprise.

Have fun Nic.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:11 AM   #14
Rabidly Xenophilic

Ellen's life will never be the same....

Say hi to Portia de Rossi for me if you see her
Old 05-04-2009, 03:26 AM   #15
Hiked the Inca Trail

^ Agreed. Ellen has NO idea what she's up against!

Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer (an ad in the Smithsonian)

Travel is the enemy of bigotry.
jengt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:16 AM   #16
TPunk Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizz View Post
i wanna see it but I'm not in the states!!!...can you put it on youtube? maybe they'll show it in a rerun
I'm going to DVR it - maybe there's a way to transfer what I DVR to youtube or something.... or I will record it from the TV onto my camera then upload it... LOL that could be tedious... but it's all for a great cause - FAME AND FORTUNE! :D

tpunk gallery * twitter
Old 05-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #17
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to offhegoes03

That's awesome!! Congrats and good luck! You should totally wear a tpunk shirt and give Tony some free advertisement Are you going to talk about how the recession has affected the purchase of celine tickets? :D

Barcelona and Beyond, My 2008 European Blog:
http://www.travelpunk.com/blogs/offhegoes03
offhegoes03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #18
An Optimistic Realist.

Send a message via AIM to Sijuki Send a message via MSN to Sijuki Send a message via Yahoo to Sijuki

Have fun and be safe! I'll see if my mum will tape it

2009-2014: February - Mexico (Cancun x 3, Cozumel x 1, Mazatlan x 2

2014 : Europe: Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Czech Rep, Germany, France, England

2015 : US:Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Joshua Tree NP, Salton Sea, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Mt. Rushmore. 20 states. Europe: Stockholm, Barcelona, Madrid, Prague, Krakow, Warsaw, Ireland (month driving around), Northern Ireland, Edinburgh.

2021: Europe?

Need a Railpass for that Trip to Europe?
Or Maybe a Hostel Reservation?
Frog Creek Brewing -- Upcoming Microbrewery

Sijuki@gmail.com
Sijuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:20 AM   #19
Certified Wise

Just checked the TV guide. It's on Monday here in Aus.

I'm actually really excited about this, you better bust out some awesome dance moves Nic.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:50 AM   #20
TPunk Moderator

^ you know I will!!!!!!!!! anything to get on TV!!!!!!!

the final word is I might be playing a game on stage (like 90% sure) or I might be getting an ultrasound on the show (I volunteered) so we'll see!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG we leave tomorrrow!!!!!

tpunk gallery * twitter