Coincidence, i don't know...... - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 09-07-2005, 06:57 PM   #1
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to bookofkels Send a message via Yahoo to bookofkels

After all the mentions of 2012 i was looking at some of the web sites and they all mention a shift in consciousness, well i started to think of a book i have read called "The Celestine Prophecies", it talks about concidence's that happen in life and there is a reason for them also that we will all have a better consciiousness of what is happening around us.

I've read it twice over a period of years and its very intriguing. Has anyone else read this and if so what did you make of it?, and for anyone that hasn't read it but is interested to know what its about i would be happy to elaborate.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:14 PM   #2
Yoda

Read it years ago when it first came out at the behest of a friend who absolutely fell in love with it. It was an interesting read, I'll admit. But towards the end... it lost me.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:44 PM   #3
TPunk Recognized

Jeannie, it kinda lost its edge towards the end for me, but the thing that stuck out for me was that the first time i read it i was 18 but i only read half then 6 months later by conicidence it was mentioned so i read it again, then a couple of years ago it came up again, so i read it again, what i find strange is that it goes on about conicidences and these are the reasons for why i read it, maybe my imagination is working way too much overtime
Old 09-07-2005, 08:13 PM   #4
Yoda

^ I think it's hard to avoid coincidence when dealing with so many creatures on one lonely little planet.

That being said I've experienced a few uncanny coinkydinks in my life. I dated this guy who had the same birthday as me (one year apart), his dad's first/middle name was Harold Wayne and my dad's is Wayne Harold, we had the same initials, our last names were different spellings of a similar word, the circumstances of his upbringing were spookily similar to mine, we went to the same school in the 6th and part of 7th grade (hundreds of miles away from here, even) but didn't know each other, our grandfathers worked for years at the same company in the same city at around the same time and their respective names were Wayne Harold (his) and Harold Wayne (mine). (Meaning they both named their sons the reverse of their first/middle names.) And a few other completely bizarre things that I can't remember because it's been 8 or 9 years. Yes, we compared pictures of our family (they ARE different people, and I even chatted with his mom about it, lol). So you'd think we'd either be complete best friends or each others' "soul mate", right? Well, we kinda maybe thought so at first too. Then I figured out that he was a no-good motherfucker and not worth pissing on if I had an excruciatingly full bladder and he was on fire. And he didn't even cheat on me, so you know it's pretty bad, lol. And I couldn't care less that he's not in my life anymore, the only feeling I have left is apathy.

Soooo... yeah, I try not to put too much faith into coincidences.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:52 PM   #5
TPunk Recognized

lol.....

Hey jeanie you know the ex i've talked about, well we where both the youngest of 2 children, and we both had older sisters called tracy, so i thought it was a "symbol" but no it wasn't as he is my ex....

But i do believe that we meet people in life for a reason, we may not know it at the time but there is a significance to why that person came into our lifes when they did
Old 09-07-2005, 09:12 PM   #6
Yoda

Quote:
Originally posted by bookofkels@Sep 8 2005, 03:52 AM
But i do believe that we meet people in life for a reason, we may not know it at the time but there is a significance to why that person came into our lifes when they did
[snapback]76205[/snapback]
I agree that's very true with certain people, yes. For both good AND bad. I don't buy it about *everyone* though.

For example, the no-good motherfucker came into my life at exactly the right time for me to learn a valuable lesson: Just because someone is good looking, (seemingly) nice, charming and faithful, it doesn't mean that they're A.) a good boyfriend and 2.) a good person.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:08 PM   #7
Minister of Offense

Send a message via AIM to omisan Send a message via Yahoo to omisan

FYI: The Celestine Prophecy was debunked as fiction and is now classified as such...

http://www.whyaretheydead.net/misc/Factnet/SZIM.TXT

Still an interesting topic, though...

Find out @ http://omidabroad.blogspot.com

omisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 02:32 PM   #8
***** Senior *********

Location: WANTED! dead or at a meet-up ..... reward first round on Me
Send a message via Yahoo to Rozza

i'm just bymmed out that the world is getting morbid when i'm 23

Past Trip Albums:
Norway '05 Album

"'Kings. What a good idea.'Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tenedency to bend at the knees."
- Terry Prachett
Rozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:16 PM   #9
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to voyd Send a message via Yahoo to voyd
Quote:
Originally posted by omisan@Sep 8 2005, 03:08 PM
FYI: The Celestine Prophecy was debunked as fiction and is now classified as such...
Ya, I figured out it was fiction as I was reading it - things were synchronizing a little too perfectly...but it never claimed to be non-fiction, either. Just a story.
voyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 05:59 PM   #10
Yoda

Jeez, I always thought it was fiction. I can't believe people sometimes.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:48 PM   #11
TPunk Recognized

i always knew it was ficton, but i always thought the way the book went was cool, got if what it say's could happen would be really cool. i only posted this as it was a coincidence to the whole 2012 thing and even though the book was based on fiction i have started to see the whole coincdence thing