Dreams - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 11-20-2006, 08:26 PM   #1
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

Ok Kids,

Post your best dreams here, or your latest dreams!

The only dream I ever really remember is from when I was very young. I woke to hear music coming from the attic in my house so i walked to the garage door, pulled down the ladder from the ceiling and climbed up. To my surprise I found a Care Bear's party in full swing and the music stopped when they saw me. I was then tied to a chair and forced to answer questions about why I had stopped watching their show. They didn't understand that my parents had told me to stop. I woke up scared and scarred for life.

next!
Old 11-20-2006, 10:15 PM   #2
The " ... " queen of TP!

lol that's all I have to say. lol

If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forward and people won't know if you're coming or going.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
-James Dean

Countries I've Visited: Austria, Botswana, Canada, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy. Malawi, Mexico, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, USA, UK, Vatican City, Zambia
simply_angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:28 PM   #3
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via MSN to TERI

urple\'> "Wanna feel the warm breeze, sleep under a palm tree, feel the rush of the ocean."
"...Get aboard a fast train, travel on a damn plane."
" Take a Risk, Take a chance, Make a change!"--- Break away. Kelly Clarkson (lol)
TERI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:07 AM   #4
TPunk Emeritus

I'll add a bit to this...do you beleive that certain places lead to more vivid dreams? I ask because I have come across this several times. For about a year and half my dad and his girlfriend rented a small house up in the mountains here in NH. They had a basement bedroom used as a guest room. Everyone who stayed there had the most crazy, vivid and freaked out dreams. My dad's girlfriend's daughter refused to sleep in that room after a couple of visits, and she was in her early 20's.

Another time, I went on a fishing trip with a buddy. We rented a smal cabin way up in the northern part of the state. That night, I had the craziest, most freaked out dream about the earth being taken over by aliens. I know that sounds stupid, but I woke up heart pounding, sweating and totally freaked out, it was the most vivid dream I have ever had. I got up, had a drink of water and stayed up for awhile as I couldn't sleep. I asked my buddy the next day if he had any weird dreams that night as it had realy had an effect on me...he looked at me wierd and said that he had, his daughter had been kidnapped and he was trying to find her kidnappers. He said is was so real that it really freaked him out too.

Anyway...that's my dream story. I don't know if certain geological formations can influence dreams or not...magnetic rocks or something? It just seems some places can really influence your dreams.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

"The plural of anecdote is not data"
LiveFreeorDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:05 AM   #5
always trippin'

My dreams can be vivid enough without me being in any particular place...when I remember them, they're normally about either violence (people trying to kill me), or about sex. I love dreaming, it's like starring in an action movie! :D

Please don't think I'm a freak after reading this!

I've had Star Wars dreams where I was supposed to ligtsaber duel Darth Vader, I danced with Han Solo and Princess Leia tried to hit on me.

I've had the Max Payne dreams where I knew I was in a game, and there were phantom guns floating above my head just like the video game. I've thrown Molotov cocktails at tanks, I've battled Imperial probe droids, I've taken part in car chases, I've been in disguise, I've run away from people trying to implant occupation chips in me Futurama style.

One particular zombie dream stands out where I was stabbing the zombies with my sword (with two friends, who were wielding a silver cleaver and a bow respectively), and at some point a dead zombie fell on me and I said "Damn, I hate getting blood in my hair". That dream also involved a lot of archers, me getting an arrow in the hand, and a horde of ninjas scaling down ropes.

I'll leave the sex dreams for another time, but sometimes I dream about things like S&M photoshoots with my hockey team. :P

I definitely feel pain very vividly in my dreams though...it's interesting.

Check out my band!
freespiritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:42 AM   #6
Immigrating? Easy? Right.

Send a message via AIM to indierock05 Send a message via Yahoo to indierock05 Send a message via Skype™ to indierock05

I always get the falling or disaster dreams that freak me out

"The whole object of travel is to not set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one's own country as foreign land" -G.K. Chesterton
"As long as we have memories of the ones we love, we will always be home" - me
Claudette
Go Gators!
indierock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:52 AM   #7
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via MSN to TERI

It's hard for me to write about one perticular dream, just cause i'm a lucid dreamer. I not only remember every single dream in vivid detail when i wake up, but I can also control my dreams. for example; say I'm fighting a dragon and I realize that I need a sword, i'll simply make one apear in my hand.

there are however 2 dreams i've had that have rattled me, and they still do. they would take too long to write about.

urple\'> "Wanna feel the warm breeze, sleep under a palm tree, feel the rush of the ocean."
"...Get aboard a fast train, travel on a damn plane."
" Take a Risk, Take a chance, Make a change!"--- Break away. Kelly Clarkson (lol)
TERI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:35 PM   #8
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Maineartist

I am not a believer in dreams having meaning however one summer I lived with a Jungian psychiatrist that convinced me to tell her my dreams. She said that interpreting people's dreams can help them to live better.

I told her this dream:

I was on a plane seated in the back and my sister was also aboard rows ahead and there were very few other passengers and as we were taking off from NY to some destination in Italy the plane rose over the Atlantic and then a girl in a red shirt went flying by the window and the plane cruised down and landed in the water.

Her advice was: "Don't spend too much time in the air."

Old 11-22-2006, 09:03 PM   #9
TPunk Emeritus

I can have some pretty bizarre dreams, too. Vivid. Technicolor. Anyone who says you don't dream in color is full of crap, as I have seen first hand proof...in my dreams, that is!

Although mine are not quite as action movie oriented as Freespiritz apparently are, they are close. I've had dreams when I wake up and say, "I HAVE to write that down -- it would make an awesome script for a movie or book!" Of course, it's the middle of the night, and the last thing you want to do is get out of bed...

I used to have a recurring dream when I was growing up, but I don't have it anymore. It involved being strapped to giant cords like a hundred yard long guitar. And far away in the distance, I could see someone begin to bang on the cords, and I knew when the vibration finally got to me, it would shake the shit out of my body. Weird...I'm sure there were variations, but it always involved being strapped to something and waiting on the shakeup of the cords, dreading it...

And Jamie, I definately believe some places can make your dreams more intense...I've experienced it, but just can't remember where.

worldwidemike
worldwidemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:18 AM   #10
Members

Send a message via MSN to petalbear Send a message via Skype™ to petalbear

I wish I could understand my dreams better. I guess I do sometimes feel like worldwidemike, where I just have to write that dream down, but for me it's more for the memory of it. A pleasant moment!

Action-movie dreams are tiring though. I wake and felt like I haven't really gone to sleep. Yup, I agree indierock, I never like the ocassional falling dream.

Sometimes I wonder how people in my dreams end up in my dream. I also wish the dreams I have were true, most of them bizarre. I can't say anything I have dreamed about has actually happened in real life. The best part is I can never really remember my dreams...ahh.

petalB
petalbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:48 AM   #11
**Wacktose Intolerant**

Location: Currently back in Canada... Saving and plotting my next adventure!
Send a message via AIM to Majestic58 Send a message via MSN to Majestic58 Send a message via Yahoo to Majestic58 Send a message via Skype™ to Majestic58

I used to have this one dream sometimes... I've had it maybe 5 or 6 times in my life and every single time it scared me to the point where I woke up screaming, sweating and absolutely bawling. It's really hard to explain because there is so little to it... My entire field of vision is this sand-ish colour, but it's not sand.. and I can't feel it, but I can tell what kind of texture it is... the easiest way to describe it is that it is the same texture as those super thin bible pages... There is no noise... but underneath the texture is swirling and twisting and turning and spiraling... Like I said, it didn't make any sense but even thinking of it now it scares the crap out of me.. There is no rhyme or reason as to why or when I get this dream, it just pops up out of nowhere sometimes... could be days, months or the last one was about 8 years after the last one... I know it sounds silly, but it is SO terrifying, I can't even begin to explain...

Majestic58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:39 PM   #12
Drifter in the making.

I used to have a re-occuring dream where I was on a ferry and I was climbing up the ladder (like on a submarine) My bother and I are the last ones in the car hole when they say the ship is sinking and there's only room for one more person up top. My parents choose my brother and I see my parents looking down on me as they shut the port hole and I can hear them locking it.. Then the water slowly rises as I call to my parents to save me, and I end up climbing the ladder to stay alive until I have my mouth at the top of the ceiling trying to breath... and I wake up...

Needless to say... terrifying and actually gets me upset as I write this post. Really upsetting actually.

I will not say that your mulberry-trees are dead, but I am afraid they are not alive.
~ Jane Austen in a Letter (1811-05-31)
MolsonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 08:34 PM   #13
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Send a message via AIM to juliagulia Send a message via MSN to juliagulia

i have had SO many weird dreams, you have no idea. one of them which was reaccuring and i would have nearly every week when i was younger was where i would be running in the woods. and i wouldn't know what i was running from, but eventually i would hear the leaves rustling behind me; but only a little bit, like the people chasing me are lighter.

well, eventually they catch up to me and they're these short little cuddly stuffed animal teddy bears. and they have sticks. and theyre slowly catching up and the ones closests to me are prodding me with the sticks, trying to tickle me, and they're prodding me in my stomach, my side, my underarms and its not even hurting, it just tickles SO MUCH.

it would terrify me, and TO THIS DAY if someone even HINTS at tickling me as a joke, i run away from them; and if they seriously attempt i scream and usually end up kicking them.

funny story: a guy i liked a few months ago attempted to tickle me (i guess it was his idea of flirting). i ended up kicking him in the sholder which was already hurt from football season, and apparantly a few days ago he had to get an MRI (or some other scanny thing) to check it out cause i "rehurt" it :/ needless to say, he hasn't talked to me in a while...

Living In: Belfast, Northern Ireland

Next up!

Poland (February!)
juliagulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:14 AM   #14
Don't cut the red wire...

Send a message via MSN to The Monsignor Send a message via Yahoo to The Monsignor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonGirl View Post
My bother and I are the last ones in the car hole when they say the ship is sinking
Freudian typo, there MG?

I get the action-adventure dreams, like Freespiritz does, and like hers, I feel it when I get hit or something... I remember one dream where I was being chased by a group of guys in armor carrying crossbows, it was strange, cause I was in my normal clothes, they were seriously medieval, and they were chasing me around the outside of my house - I ran around the corner to head in and get my rifle, and thwack! I got hit with a bolt through the thigh. I woke up and had a big bruise on my thigh where I'd been hit!

I don't get a whole lot of rest those nights, though, cause it definitely goes beyond simple REM sleep when I get those. They're the only dreams I have in color, for that matter.

Otherwise, I don't really dream, at least not often. When I do, they're seldom coherent...

Make war, not love! It's safer!

The Monsignor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:04 PM   #15
Drifter in the making.

Haha, I suppose that's true about the "bother"

I will not say that your mulberry-trees are dead, but I am afraid they are not alive.
~ Jane Austen in a Letter (1811-05-31)
MolsonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:19 PM   #16
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to BigE Send a message via Yahoo to BigE

I had a epic dream the other night that I started an army, took over the U.S., a became a dictator. I had everyone that gave me crap in my life decapitated by my own hands. I was one mean tough guy. The Pope talked me out of killing more people and I became very sad.

I had a very bad cold and the cold medicine, I think, made me weird. I am a very peaceful man and I haven't been in a fight since 9th grade. I don't know why I dreamed this.

"An oppressive government is more to be feared than a tiger, or a beer."
-Confucius

Somewhere in England (maybe) - Spring (TBA)
Israel - Summer (TBA)
BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:59 PM   #17
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to SuDz

As a kid I used to have dreams that I was tiny and stuck on a pool table. The balls kept being hit and I would have to run for my life so that I didn't get crushed or rolled into a pocket.

I also used to have dreams that my dog would talk to me. Weird things like politics and religion or like events in my life. The weirdest part was that she had an english accent. No idea where that came from.

Last but not least another one that sticks out that I used to have was that I would be at a even like a basball game or even work etc. Next thing I knew I was "actually there" but still in my room. So I thought I was at work but I would be sitting up trying to stay awake and not pass out while thinking I was helping a customer. Same would go for a sporting event, I would be awake enough to realize but still asleep engou hI thought I was in the stands of a basball game and trying to keep watching. Weird stuff.

SuDZ
Rozza > yeah
Rozza > that should be your sig
SuDz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:04 AM   #18
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuDz View Post
Next thing I knew I was "actually there" but still in my room. So I thought I was at work but I would be sitting up trying to stay awake and not pass out while thinking I was helping a customer. SuDZ
Dream within a dream...I have those from time to time, too.

A friend of mine had this long, drawn out (half-drunken) talk about dreams and spirituality about six months ago or so. I told him that I honestly believe in a Spirit World -- call it what you will, ghosts, Heaven, purgatory, Hell, ancestors, etc. And I think it is in our dream states that we are closest to the Spirit World. Those inhabiting that place can contact us easiest when we're there. So, those that say they were visited by deceased relatives or friends in their dreams, well, I belive them. That is precisely when we are closest to them, in my belief...

There. Bet some of you didn't know THAT about me...!

worldwidemike
worldwidemike is offline   Reply With Quote