How to get in Alhambra if its booked????? - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Backpacker College Student Travel Message Boards > Where ya going? & Specific country info! > Europe: Western
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

Europe: Western Cafés, castles, architecture, art, wine, the Euro, gastronomy, let´s meet up, and pub crawls.! Oh oui, backpackers paradise...

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 08-06-2007, 11:16 AM   #1
Members

Default How to get in Alhambra if its booked?????

I'm really trying to figure out a way. Online it keeps saying it will be booked. I dont know what else I can do to get tickets. Do you guys have any experience of getting around this? I would really appreciate it. I was looking forward to going to the Alhambra, but I didnt think about needing to book a ticket until too late. Thanks!
Silus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:22 PM   #2
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to Delaney Send a message via MSN to Delaney

When I went the tix were sold out online but if you went early you can still get tickets, they save some for the door. Since its high season I would go early. Ask around your hostel!

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who'll decide where to go. - Dr. Suess

Why I'm not on TPunk as much anymore: http://www.kaushallab.cbl.umces.edu/people.html#katie
Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #3
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via MSN to kiwichick

ta i hadnt even considered the needs for tickets either!
kiwichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:09 PM   #4
No one regrets traveling

Send a message via AIM to joe7f Send a message via Skype™ to joe7f

Katie nailed it. Show up VERY early. Also, it doesn't hurt to try multiple days. IOW, don't budget one day for Granada and be forced to go home empty handed.

If for some reason this happens the back entrance to the Alhambra is open and allows you to at least see some of it the palace (even if it isn't the highlights). Not a bad stroll at night

--Joey

Countries visited: USA, Netherlands, Norway, France, Switzerland, Germany, Spain (and Gibraltar), Italy, Belgium, Hungary, Austria, Ireland, UK, Japan, Canada , Portugal, Czech Republic, Poland, Andorra, Croatia, Montenegro

Next up: Mongolia, China

"I sought trains; I found passengers" - Paul Theroux

Help Travelpunk's continued existence with a small donation
joe7f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:24 PM   #5
Ohio State's #1 Fan

Send a message via AIM to Brookers13 Send a message via MSN to Brookers13

i stood in line in the morning and got a ticket no problem.

also....i totally agree with joe...take a nice bottle of wine and a significant other up to the alhambra at night and theres no where else id rather be...its GORGEOUS. (its even gorgeous by yourself )

"I wanna be there, I wanna go back down and get high by the sea there, with a tin cup for a chalice, fill it up with good red wine, and ill be chewin' on a honeysuckle vine...." - Jimmy
Brookers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:09 AM   #6
TPunk Emeritus

I arrived in Granadaat 9.15, and by the time I got to Alhambra it was 10. I had to stand in line for a while, but I got my tickets. Also, they have two shifts, so you either see it in the morning or in the fternoon. I got afternoon tickets, bough lunch at a grocery store and took it with me to this garden that is almost opposite to Alhambra entrance (you have to go down the street a bit) called Carmen de los Mártires. The black fences are open and you see a long wakway. THis is a huge houe, and they have this afreement with the government where vistitors can go in and check out the gardens, which have a gorgeous overview of the city of Granada. And at least 4 royal peackoks (absolutely beautiful). And then if you follow a path up, you're walking up on the side of the hill, and from up there you get a gorgeous view of Andalucía mountains and a great peek at Ahambra from up there. It was so fantastic! And so peaceful!! I only saw like 4 other people doing this. It's a great way to kill time before u get to go inside ALhambra.
Been to: Argentina, Chile, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt. Greece, Turkey, England, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Belgium, USA, Mexico, Spain, Monaco, Czech Republic, Ireland and Uruguay.

Next trip: Still pondering the possibilities for January 2009... * OH THE MYSTERY!! *

The travel bug is insatiable
florencia9699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:09 AM   #7
TPunk Emeritus

I arrived in Granadaat 9.15, and by the time I got to Alhambra it was 10. I had to stand in line for a while, but I got my tickets. Also, they have two shifts, so you either see it in the morning or in the fternoon. I got afternoon tickets, bough lunch at a grocery store and took it with me to this garden that is almost opposite to Alhambra entrance (you have to go down the street a bit) called Carmen de los Mártires. The black fences are open and you see a long wakway. THis is a huge houe, and they have this afreement with the government where vistitors can go in and check out the gardens, which have a gorgeous overview of the city of Granada. And at least 4 royal peackoks (absolutely beautiful). And then if you follow a path up, you're walking up on the side of the hill, and from up there you get a gorgeous view of Andalucía mountains and a great peek at Ahambra from up there. It was so fantastic! And so peaceful!! I only saw like 4 other people doing this. It's a great way to kill time before u get to go inside ALhambra.
Been to: Argentina, Chile, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt. Greece, Turkey, England, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Belgium, USA, Mexico, Spain, Monaco, Czech Republic, Ireland and Uruguay.

Next trip: Still pondering the possibilities for January 2009... * OH THE MYSTERY!! *

The travel bug is insatiable
florencia9699 is offline   Reply With Quote