Love to travel alone... But this time i want pals. - Page 2 - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > General Travel Tips, Education, Advice > Companions Wanted
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

Companions Wanted Going my way? Birds of a feather, flock together.

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 06-29-2003, 01:10 PM   #21
TPunk Emeritus

hehe...I guess your not a liberal huh. <_<
I have been to: Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, New Zealand , Australia, Fiji, Costa Rica, United States, England, Ireland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland , France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Vatican, Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Panama, Colombia, Mexico, India, Nepal.

Where to Next? Iceland!
Diorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 01:28 PM   #22
Admin

hmmm.. should there be a political forum? <_<
travelpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 05:32 PM   #23
Members

OMG !!!!!
Canada has some of the toughest prison sentences in the WORLD, thy just did a documentery on it, you people really need to keep in touch with the real news, and thats not the news you see on American networks. And also our Priminister is one of the GREATEST ELECTED (by the people) Leaders in the WORLD. If you only knew Canadian Dude, he is not wishy washy, thats the president of France. It was "Mullet -Head -Rooney" that fucked us when he made us engage in the first "Americanization" of Iraq that they tried to call a "war". We are a peace - keeping Country and that is something to be VERY PROUD OF !!! To stand up for what we believe in and not what others try to bully us into. And if you have the thought of what most Americans think, as in, "we are only safe because they are our neighbors", think again, because the British would kick their ass and then feed it to them on a "silver platter" easy.
man you should be ASHAMED Canadian Dude, I can't believe you are dissing the 2nd best country in the world next to Switzerland, and to top it all off the place of your birth. Have you really fallen for all the American bullshit?? Well I say move here, live here for a year, get sick and see what rights you have, see where your votes really go, and if you happen to be any type of minority see how far you can make it, police abuse, man you name it it happens here times 100.
All n all man Canada Rocks in comparison, they may claim to make more money, but they still pay taxes as we do, and they also pay approx. 350/month for medical insurance, and that doesn't even cover checkups totally. man you are a fool for dissing Canada........
WOW this turned out to be a RANT, sorry American Friends, I am not dissing you as people, I just really do not agree with your countries politics or policies. I think your people are smarter than that and if ever anyone deserved to be impeached... look at white house now.
ang
Old 07-01-2003, 08:39 PM   #24
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by angii@Jul 2 2003, 12:32 AM

man you should be ASHAMED Canadian Dude, I can't believe you are dissing the 2nd best country in the world
Who dissed Canada? I said our Prime Minister is a BA-FOON, and that is the ONLY thing I don't like about being Canadian.

And I think you just offended every American out there....

I really have no interest in getting into a political war of words with ya angii, the joys of living in a free country is we can have differing opinions. But a "travel forum" is not the place for it. A little political humor is one thing, but a heated debate that niether one of us will win....not my cup of tea....

By the way, I fly the Canadian Flag at my house, I wear it on my pack, I have it on my car, and tattooed on my arm, I still know all the words of our Anthem (English and in French), I have traveled this great country from sea to sea, I listen to the stories of war vets at a nursing home and it makes me so proud that these men are Canadian, I love to travel the world but I love coming home even more, i would pick no other country to live, I would die for this country and have volunteered to do so. This country is my home angii
So please do not mistake my lack of faith in our current head of goverment with a lack of patriotism. To me this is not the second best country in the world, it is #1

Canadian Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 03:43 AM   #25
Admin

Okay...alright...easy folks...tranquiiiiiiillllloooooo..... ^_^

Itīs really great to see how passionate people are about their homeland. You both agree that Canada is THE BEST and thatīs the bottom line, right? (Oh man, youīre both waaaayyyy wrong, but i ainīt mad atcha hahaha...

Look, I am ashamed of some things about America, but wouldnīt trade it either. I know what you mean ang, about some things in the US are pretty wacked, but every country has itīs bad points, but we all agree that our respective countries have way more good points than bad ones. This is precisely the reason why people of different nationalities from all over the world, flock to our countries in droves- thats a fact.

I lived in Spain for a year and missed so many things about my country, especially the patriotism. I was among so many people that were anti-america and was kind of disgusted by it, but I can see why they felt that way. I was right in the middle of a huge anti-globalization protest in Madrid (to film it) and all the signs were anti-american. Some day Iīll put some clips up on the site. Funny thing was, itīs fashionable for the Spanish to wear clothes with the American flag on it I think that if most of them came here for a bit to really see what America was all about, they might soften up their tune a bit.

Yes, some US police abuse, but not most. Paying un-godly amounts for monthly medical insurance does- suck!
And as far as the British kicking our ass and handing it to us on a silver platter (thatīs what I gathered from that), well....Iīll just say that the US spends more on itīs military than the next 8 countries combined. A search on google.com using the words "strongest military power" will bring up numerous articles that talk about America as being the strongest militry power, especially with itīs technological advances and nothing that suggest that Britain is. I love the British(I mean cīmon...Elizabeth Hurley ), but...as MC Hammer would say, "they canīt touch this "

No country is perfect, thats for sure. And, itīs okay to disagree, as long as weīre not always disagreeable

Now go...and sin no more....
Old 07-17-2003, 10:43 AM   #26
Members

Send a message via AIM to CincyLSD

Oh wow! its good angii doesnt participate in this forum to often any more or there would have been a fight....Im very active in politics, and it sounds like angii dosent know her ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to the subject, and I would suggest she keep her views to herself from now on.
CincyLSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 01:09 PM   #27
TPunk Emeritus

( Canadian Dude hugs Cincy and says " its going to be ok my American Brotha")

Old 07-17-2003, 01:31 PM   #28
Members

sorry I think I flew off the handle
Old 07-17-2003, 03:38 PM   #29
TPunk Emeritus

So did I, no worries....I don't handle being labeled a sell out very well...I am over it now and I am in my happy place :-)

( note to TP: NO POLITICAL FORUMS!!!!)

Old 07-17-2003, 06:30 PM   #30
TPunk Emeritus

ooooh, CD. that really IS a happy place........

holy, i guess it's been a while since i was in this forum. I missed this entire debacle entirely..... I'll keep my views to myself. I'm rather neutral and don't want to sound like an idiot claiming opinions are facts.

crio
Old 07-18-2003, 05:57 AM   #31
Admin

I understand why people stay out of political discussions (and religion too), but they are always lively and interesting debates. In a way, cheap entertainment

The 80īs had it right We are the worrrrld, we are the children. We are the ones who make a brighter day so lets start giving
Old 07-18-2003, 09:27 AM   #32
TPunk Emeritus

Maybe the 80's had it right with their political outlooks, but the permed mullet is unforgivable.
Old 07-18-2003, 10:25 AM   #33
Members

::talks in rough redneck voice:: Im pretty sure Im going to grow a mullet now that Im out!! Business in the front, party in the back!!

True mullet fans