Become a Hostelworld Student Brand Ambassador!
Calling all UK students! Do you love travel? Love hostels? And love a little side hustle to accompany your studies? Well then step right up, because we have just the gig for you!
We’re recruiting ten super star students for Hostelworld’s first ever student brand ambassador programme. That’s right, your travel obsession could help you pay the bills this year – although no one will judge you if you choose to spend your earnings on Jägerbombs instead.
Our student brand ambassadors will be an extension of our marketing team. They’ll work closely with our London squad and serve as our eyes and ears on the ground for all things student… after all, who understands the mind of a student better than students themselves?!
Our student brand ambassadors must be social media savvy, confident, love meeting new people and, above all else, be passionate about backpacking and staying in hostels.
As this is Hostelworld’s first ever student brand ambassador programme, we’re looking for pioneers to lead it into a successful launch. We’re on the hunt for two awesome students currently studying at each of the following universities:
- University of Nottingham
- University of Leeds
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Bristol
- University of Manchester
Key skills we’re looking for from our Student Brand Ambassadors
We want someone who can represent Hostelworld and the values of our company on their campus. Therefore, we’re looking for individuals who are:
- True backpackers with a passion for hostels and a genuine love of Hostelworld’s product
- Natural salespeople, confident in talking to new people and embracing new situations
- BNOCs with a wide social circle on their university campus
- Social media ninjas with a Gen Z mindset, totally up to date on hashtags, scrolling and swiping
- Creative individuals, bursting with new ideas and fresh ways of inspiring their fellow students to #MeetTheWorld
Come fly with us!
Pack your bags and come away with us! We’re kicking off our SBA programme with a bang by taking our ten student brand ambassadors on an immersive 48-hour training event at a hostel in Europe. That’s right, we’re launching our programme with a trip abroad. Exploring a new city, learning about all things Hostelworld and maybe even sampling the nightlife too (it would be rude not to!)
This training event will be your chance to get to know your fellow student brand ambassadors, meet the Hostelworld team (we’ve heard they’re lovely!) and learn all about the SBA’s responsibilities across the first term.
Key responsibilities for our Student Brand Ambassadors:
- Help to manage, set up and run the Hostelworld fresher’s event on your campus
- Create social media content for your peers, making noise about all things Hostelworld
- Support the Hostelworld marketing team with ad-hoc campaigns and act as our experts on student life
- Create Hostelworld hype on campus and continue to spread the brand love around your university
- Work on specific flagship campaigns throughout the university term
Being a Hostelworld student brand ambassador is a paid position, with incentive for further earnings based on the success of the ambassador. Our Student Brand Ambassadors must be currently enrolled at one of the five specified universities.
Sound like a bit of you? Apply now to be one of Hostelworld’s first ever student brand ambassadors and get ready to #MeetTheWorld.
Don’t see your university on the list? We’re hoping to expand our student brand ambassador programme every year, adding more and more universities in more and more cities… and countries! So, if you can’t apply this time round, keep an eye on our social channels and blog for next year.