Amazing deal with Quantas - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Backpacker College Student Travel Message Boards > Travel Transportation

Travel Transportation Airs, Trains, Buses, and Boats, what should I do ? Whats a Eurail Pass? How to rent a car abroad ? Is it safe to take the bus?

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2005, 07:00 AM   #1
T-PUNK SPECIAL FORCES

eeek eeeek !

There is an amazing deal with Quantas!!

Its basically a return for the price of a single - April 12th 520

London -- Singapore/Hong Kong/Bangkok -- Melbourne

And the return journey home 12 months later.

The date & destination is perfect however I havent got my visa yet (Ive been told it takes about a day to come through via email) or have i decided where i want to stop off, although i did have my eye on singapore.

The catch is i have to book by close of business tomorrow

And I was hoping to possibly do a visa extension and stay another year.. should i book it? or not rush into things?

Your thoughts please

Dance like no-one's watching
Sing like no-one's listening
Love like you've never been hurt
And eat chocolate like it won't make you fat
Chocolaty Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 07:20 AM   #2
french touch

I don't know if you posted about your plans in other threads, so sorry if I ask questions you already answered to.

first of : does your travel budget allow you to stay in Singapore and HongKong ? It is quite expensive there.
second : did you have in mind to travel in other parts of the world, beside Asia and Australia ?
third : which visa are you talking about ?

But, whatever visa you need, 6 months of prep should be enough time to get it. If you're talking about a work visa, maybe if the people at the embasssy are in good mood, they could tell you over the phone the chances you have of obtaining it.

Bangkok is a perfect stopover to explore South East Asia, especially since you have a long time to do so. And that area is so low budget, you can spend months with very little money. I had a one year ticket like this, with stopover in Malaysia, but I bought separate tickets to Laos, then Vietnam-Bangkok-Kathmandu. The prices are very reasonable when bought there.

You have such a great deal, the fact that you want to stay more than a year is not a problem. You can't get a better price than that. There are no possibilities of buying a ticket for a period of two years.

I don't have all the informations about your plans, but I would tend to say : YES ! Wow, what a deal ! And I'm envious chocolaty claire !

people are people

Esterina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:01 AM   #3
T-PUNK SPECIAL FORCES

Ive never travelled, let alone on my own before so I have more or less decided on either Hong Kong or Singapore for a few days as my stop overs, nice and easy quite westernised destinations... I'd love to do Thailand and the whole SE Asia thing but I'm not experienced enough. And being a lone female traveler would not be confident enough either.

My budget isnt an issue, and i wasnt planning on going anywhere else after, although after one/two years working & travelling in Oz I may gain the confidence to do so! who knows..

I would have to be back in London exactly 12 months after my departure date.

I think the only reason I'm hesitating is because I have to book by tomoz, and I was going to wait until December or at least until I've had my Working Holiday Visa accepted... but I'm not stressing over this as my mate had his confirmed over email within 48 hours!! wow!

I think I may sleep on it, read any more opinions then decide in the morning..
So shall I go for the return or the single for more or less the same ?

Old 11-21-2005, 10:12 AM   #4
T-PUNK VICE ADMIRAL

Send a message via AIM to foofiter Send a message via MSN to foofiter Send a message via Yahoo to foofiter Send a message via Skype™ to foofiter

I would go for the return if it costs the same. If you need to change it later then so be it. You still spent the same amount so why not? If you dont use the return at all it still cost the same...

I say go for it. Make sure you have a credit card of some sort for emergencies. Don't let the lack of experience bother you. That's what guide books and other backpackers are for. If you feel confident when you get to singapore or HK take a hopper flight to thailand. It is CHEAP there and there are cheap airlines in asia too.

You won't regret it! DO IT!

Foo

"Eat healthy, exercise daily, die anyway" -- My motto
"Everyone I know, goes away, in the end...I will let you down, I will make you hurt..." -- Johnny Cash (NIN Cover of "Hurt")

I am traveling around the world until I find something that makes me want to stop. I am an aspiring photographer and hope to find whatever it is I am looking for...
foofiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 01:56 PM   #5
Members

Send a message via MSN to chelseafc05

Its QUANTAS 85th Birthday celebrations....thats why its so cheap

i agree with foo go for it

Where ive been: Cộng Ha X Hội Chủ Nghĩa Việt , Preăh Rachanachkr Kmpŭchea, Bundesrepublik Deutschland, Česk republika, Slovensk republika, Magyar Kztrsasg, Republika Slovenija, Republika Hrvatska, Bosna i Hercegovina, Republika Srbija, Republika Balgariya, Trkiye Cumhuriyeti, Romnia, Rzeczpospolita Polska, Lietuvos Respublika, Latvijas Republika, Eesti Vabariik, Republiken Finland

MY NAME IS
Daniel
chelseafc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 04:52 PM   #6
I'll rock your socks off

not to beat a dead horse, but DO NOT travel on borrowed money. Thats all.
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."
-T.E. Lawrence, Seven Pillars of Wisdom

bellelass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 06:36 AM   #7
T-PUNK SPECIAL FORCES

ITS BOOKED!!

Woohoo!

I decided on stopping over in Thailand for 2 weeks - I cant believe it!!

12th April so bags of time to safe & plan.. I canny wait man!!

Old 11-22-2005, 07:10 AM   #8
french touch

I'm very excited for you ! It's done. You know when you'll sit in the airplane and begin your adventure ! And you'll have plenty of time to prepare for it, and leave as ready as possible. Yeah !

And about Thailand, is it on your way to OZ ?

people are people

Esterina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 02:13 PM   #9
Members

Send a message via MSN to chelseafc05

Where ive been: Cộng Ha X Hội Chủ Nghĩa Việt , Preăh Rachanachkr Kmpŭchea, Bundesrepublik Deutschland, Česk republika, Slovensk republika, Magyar Kztrsasg, Republika Slovenija, Republika Hrvatska, Bosna i Hercegovina, Republika Srbija, Republika Balgariya, Trkiye Cumhuriyeti, Romnia, Rzeczpospolita Polska, Lietuvos Respublika, Latvijas Republika, Eesti Vabariik, Republiken Finland

MY NAME IS
Daniel
chelseafc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 05:14 AM   #10
T-PUNK SPECIAL FORCES

Quote:
Originally posted by atchoum@Nov 22 2005, 07:10 AM
I'm very excited for you ! It's done. You know when you'll sit in the airplane and begin your adventure !* * And you'll have plenty of time to prepare for it, and leave as ready as possible. Yeah !*

And about Thailand, is it on your way to OZ ?
[snapback]89098[/snapback]
yey!

Yep Bangkok is on my way & one of the selected stop overs with quantas... JOBSA!!!!!!