hmm, now we panic - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > General Travel Tips, Education, Advice > Travel Budget, Money Matters, Financial Talk

Travel Budget, Money Matters, Financial Talk Mom, can I borrow ten grand?! Gimme yo mastercard! How the heck can I pay for my trip?! Ideas for making money. How much dough do I need?

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2006, 01:23 PM   #1
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to c0urt Send a message via MSN to c0urt Send a message via Yahoo to c0urt

well boys and girls i lost my wallet that had my euros in it, and i am in germany still. luckily i still have about 400 usd tucked away. but thats not enough to fly home on. i need some money making ideas. my only talent is i can breathe fire. but i am kinda wary of using that on in a place where i dont know what the police will do. ideas??

oh i lost some other stuff to, here is the list cause i like making list
a blanket
a baseball cap
the eye peice from my camera
one tooth brush (i had two)
and a few other small things

oh i didnt lose all of this at the same time.

the new and improved stupidhurts.org
c0urt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:30 PM   #2
Members

Send a message via AIM to DJ_VeeeNoM Send a message via MSN to DJ_VeeeNoM Send a message via Yahoo to DJ_VeeeNoM

Dude man, this sucks did you already go to the police? do you recall where was the last place you felt your wallet? damn, Sell some pics, busk a bit, I don't know let me think. I'll get back at you as soon as I can think of something.

Cancel all cards and check which are the banks that are affiliated to yours!
Old 08-16-2006, 01:34 PM   #3
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Oh bum. That is shitty.

Do you have insurance? Some policies will fly you home in a monetary/medical/other emergency.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:50 PM   #4
lover of Germany

That sucks man! Maybe a friend/family member can send some money to you either by wire or western union. Also you may try and pawn some gear depending on what you have. Try your embassy for advice to if you can.
I hope things work out.

Do to list: [color=blue][color=black] Australia, New Zealand, Austria India and Bolivia.

[color=blue][i][font=Verdana][color=black]"I'm just another stranger lookin' for the promised land"
expatben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:05 PM   #5
Sex and the City Guru

Send a message via MSN to travelchick75

Can anyone wire you some money?? Have you gone to the police? Phone your 'rents and see if they'll help you out. Awww i hope you get things figured out. Sorry dude.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
travelchick75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:15 AM   #6
Minister of Offense

Send a message via AIM to omisan Send a message via Yahoo to omisan

Hope you don't mind the taste of dick...

I keed, I keed. That's a shitty situation to be in. Hell, I nearly dropped a pantload tonight thinking I'd lost my wallet, and I'm just hear at home.

Where are you in Germany? If you're in Berlin, you can go to the US embassy and see if they'll give you emergency cash. It's a short term loan that they only give out on a case-by-case basis, but it's worth a shot.

Find out @ http://omidabroad.blogspot.com

omisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:27 AM   #7
always trippin'

My ex lost his wallet/cards in Borneo, and got a replacement Visa FedExed to my pad in Peninsula Malaysia...any chance you can get it sent to the embassy or hostel you're at or something? Call up your bank and see, especially since you need to tell them to cancel your cards anyway.

Check out my band!
freespiritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:08 AM   #8
Members

Send a message via AIM to DJ_VeeeNoM Send a message via MSN to DJ_VeeeNoM Send a message via Yahoo to DJ_VeeeNoM

Dude, E-mail me over the hotmail addy if anything and I'm not around.
I'll get back at you as soon as I can. I hope things get better or even better (solved) Buena Suerte!
Old 08-17-2006, 08:10 AM   #9
TPunk Emeritus

When you say lost, do you mean lost, or stolen? If it's stolen, then by all means go to the police, but I don't think there's much they can do about lost, unless some angel happens to turn it in.

There is a US consular office in Frankfurt, if that's closer to where you are currently, they can probably help you as much as the embassy.

If you're staying at a hostel, explain your situation and ask if there's anything you can do to work for your room. For other work, it's coming up on the grape harvest, maybe you could find a job picking grapes? Again, ask the hostel for any tips.

Someone already mentioned contacting your credit card companies to cancel those, and see about getting replacements, and of course everyone has given you good advice about getting in touch with family to see if they can help you out. At least you had a little cash on hand - but no return ticket?

Good luck, keep us posted on your progress.

tumblezweedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:35 AM   #10
Members

Well let me tell you a story, This happened to my dad a few years ago, he lost his passport at a bar and then he realized he lost it when he got to the place he was staying at, he was like "where is my passport, I better past track" so he finished going back to the bar and he bought a drink and this guy came and told my dad "hey buy me a drink" my dad said whatever it's just a drink so he bought it "then the guy went like oh you'll buy me more drinks" my dad went like "WTF why?" he said "you're last name is Naupari" then in that moment my dad realized this drunk knew about the passport! he stud up and asked him how did he know his name. the drunk said I know who has your passport.

So after a few drinks they headed out to get the passport!
the drunk guy asked in a few places if they have seen certain person, finally they found the prostitute (yeah an actual prostitute had it) so my dad asked her for the passport and she got all bitchy like so my dad with his pimp fist bitch slapped the hell out of the prostitute (the slapping part I just made up he actually just gave her 20$ for the passport and that was that).
Old 08-17-2006, 09:34 AM   #11
You want fries with that?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(omisan @ Aug 17 2006, 12:15 AM) [snapback]135295[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hope you don't mind the taste of dick...

I keed, I keed. That's a shitty situation to be in. Hell, I nearly dropped a pantload tonight thinking I'd lost my wallet, and I'm just hear at home.

Where are you in Germany? If you're in Berlin, you can go to the US embassy and see if they'll give you emergency cash. It's a short term loan that they only give out on a case-by-case basis, but it's worth a shot.
[/b]
Ding!! Find a US embassy or consul's office, petition them and give it a shot. Its your best bet and good luck!!

"Steve is the prototypical cool American male. Y'know, I'm talking about Steve McGarrett, alright? Steve Austin, Steve McQueen. Y'know, he's the guy on his horse, the guy alone. He has his own code of honor, his own code of ethics, his own rules of living, man. He never, ever tries to impress the women but he always gets the girl."

Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:12 PM   #12
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to c0urt Send a message via MSN to c0urt Send a message via Yahoo to c0urt

i had enough to get a flight to florida next week. once there i am going to wait tables or hitch hike around for abit. i have enough food to eat for the next few days i think, lots of grocery store runs. but the big question is what do i do in frankfurt for the next 6 days

oh i cancelled my card and luckily i keep my passport elswhere

nope no family i am close to or like, most of my friends are poor and currently making the transistion from school to the real world.

and speaking of prositutes i was taking a short cut to the rail station wandered thru the red light district and got robbed by a prostitue she pulled me into a clkub talked me into buying her a drink, i was brought a bill for 23 bucks. so i tossed five on the counter and left

and i have been camping for the past two days. but i could really use a shower and dont want to pay the 5 euro at the train station for one.

Old 08-17-2006, 01:19 PM   #13
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to SuDz

Glad you were at least able to get the plane ride. At least you had your passport and what not.

SuDZ
Rozza > yeah
Rozza > that should be your sig
SuDz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:39 PM   #14
Members

dude, where in FL? I have Family and a bunch of friends there if you arrive over the MIA let me know.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:38 AM   #15
TPunk Recognized

the mia?

i will be landing in orlando. havent decided from there, stil trying to kil time with out getting aressted in germany

Old 08-18-2006, 05:46 AM   #16
Certified Wise

Quote:
like so my dad with his pimp fist bitch slapped the hell out of the prostitute [/b]
OMG I got so excited for the quarter of a second I thought that was true. Not that I condone beating prostitutes but that would have been the coolest story ever!
Old 08-18-2006, 07:05 AM   #17
Members

Yeah I now, I just wanted to make the story a little bit more interesting. Oh MIA is Miami International Airport.
I can barely type guys my hands are so F'd up from the Blastfest, we just got back from skating all night and partial part of yesterday, we Owned hills and Parks all over, and the road is soooooooo cool on skates!

Court dude either way let me know I might be not doing crap by the time you get so I might have a good excuse to go to Orlando and visit my good ol' friends from college and stuff.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:06 AM   #18
T-PUNK VICE ADMIRAL

Send a message via AIM to foofiter Send a message via MSN to foofiter Send a message via Yahoo to foofiter Send a message via Skype™ to foofiter

Glad to hear you found a way home. Do you plan to keep traveling or going back to B-ham?

Foo

"Eat healthy, exercise daily, die anyway" -- My motto
"Everyone I know, goes away, in the end...I will let you down, I will make you hurt..." -- Johnny Cash (NIN Cover of "Hurt")

I am traveling around the world until I find something that makes me want to stop. I am an aspiring photographer and hope to find whatever it is I am looking for...
foofiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:01 AM   #19
TPunk Recognized

think i am going to try to wait tables for a bit then keep travelling,
right now the voices are telling me to ride a bicycle across the u.s.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:12 AM   #20
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to SuDz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(c0urt @ Aug 18 2006, 02:01 PM) [snapback]135556[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
think i am going to try to wait tables for a bit then keep travelling,
right now the voices are telling me to ride a bicycle across the u.s.
[/b]

I have said many times that I would love to do that.

SuDZ
Rozza > yeah
Rozza > that should be your sig
SuDz is offline   Reply With Quote