Well Tpunks, here's my situation.
My good friend, that I backpacked Europe with last summer, has decided to move to England (probably London) for the summer, and work through Canada's SWAP program. She wants me to come, and of course I want to, but there are some things holding me back:
1) Money - this was supposed to be my summer to buckle down and make some good money before school starts again in fall. At this point, I can barely pay for the plane ticket....
2) Wait. I guess that's it, but I feel like that's a bit of a significant reason
Reasons to go:
1) I guess they're all obvious: I love Great Britain, I love traveling with her, I need a good break from my city and "everyday life" every now and then, and if I get into the school program I want, that'll be hard, it's a great experience.
And just a question or two?
1) What do you think is the cheapest accommodation I could get away with? How likely would it be to get cheap accomm, especially London?
2) Everyone always says you don't make money when you work abroad, but do you think it's possible if I was really frugal and didn't drink, and survived on loaves of bread?
Sorry for the long rant, but I would love some feedback/advice!!