garn to Eastern Europe - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Backpacker College Student Travel Message Boards > Where ya going? & Specific country info! > Europe: Eastern
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

Europe: Eastern From Russia to Croatia, the Danube, Iron Curtain era vestiges, Pilzner beer, Czech it out!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 03-07-2006, 08:31 AM   #1
chelseafc05
Members

Send a message via MSN to chelseafc05

word up fools

spent about 6 daýs in munich ..awesome citý .. staýed at euro ýouth hostel ..its on the same street as wombats and if ýour in munich stAý at euro ýouth hostel, good cheap bar thats open till 5am, cool staff , clean toilets, showers and rooms

i been spendin waý to much moneý cause of this other australian these 2 canadians and 2 irish thre funniest pepole ýa could meet.. been eating mostlz at beer halls or just gettin sausages off the side of the road there got the best food at the beer halls good food. most of our daýs and nights consisted of wondering out and having a look at somethin for a few hours then getting somthin to eat then go back to the hostel bar and sitting around on the couches drinking to much beer ..onlý cost 2 euro for a pint.. then smoking a riduclas amount of ciggarettes , whilst plaýing monoplý and talkin shit. then goin to bed pissed of our faces and waking up in the afternoon wondering whý we feel like death.. then we repeat and do the same thing the next daý, we tried some clubs theres a place that has like 30 clubs in the one area ... we went to a couple and that was enough for us so bloodý expensive and the music was shit

im in plžen now.....theres nothin to do its so god damn borin no other tourists around, none of the locals speaks english.. im staýin in a hotel což the hostels were to far out of town its 550kc which is about 23 euro god damn ripp off im leavin for prague first thing tomorrow morning .. and finallz the first thing i did notice when i got to plžen was how god damn sexý cžech women are

ill update the blog and put some pictures on soon but for now i need sleep and mý throat herts

till then

Where ive been: Cộng Hòa Xã Hội Chủ Nghĩa Việt , Preăh Réachéanachâkr Kâmpŭchea, Bundesrepublik Deutschland, Česká republika, Slovenská republika, Magyar Köztársaság, Republika Slovenija, Republika Hrvatska, Bosna i Hercegovina, Republika Srbija, Republika Balgariya, Türkiye Cumhuriyeti, România, Rzeczpospolita Polska, Lietuvos Respublika, Latvijas Republika, Eesti Vabariik, Republiken Finland

MY NAME IS
Daniel
chelseafc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:11 AM   #2
beergal
TPunk Emeritus

thanks for the update...watch out for your throat it could be just the difference in the polluntants in the air, I had it a lot af first when i moved to Hungary. My tip is drink some honey tea, a bit sickly but works!...either that boil up some lemonade add a spoonful of sugar and drink while hot!

FANCY A READ...TPUNK BOOK CLUB CAN BE FOUND HERE

what goes around comes around
beergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:08 AM   #3
chelseafc05
Members

time for lil update

from plzen i went to prague spent 8 days there most the time just hanging round the hostel building snow forts nad drining at the pub next door with these two english blokes i met, i reckon pragues overrated its nice but its not as good as everyone mkaes it out to be and the niightlife wasnt that special there either me and this aussie guy walked around for 2 hours just to find a decent pub eventually we gave into these black guys that try get you into these strip clubs they guy said pay entry fee and you get free beer all night so we thought about it for a while then said if we drink more then 5 beers we will get our moneys worth...but becoz we were only there for the beer and we kept turning down the strippers for private shows they kicked us out after 3 then we saw they guy who talked us into goin there and he just lauphed at us so we gave him the finger and went back to the hostel,

from prague i went to cesky krumlov which was priddy cool good to spend a couple of days there and have a good look around,

from there i went to brno spent about 2 hours there and didnt like it and the hostel wasnt opend yet anyway so i caught the bus to bratislava

bratislava was ok i spent 3 days there they main centre was nice, there isnt a whole lot to do during the week becoz its not that big of a city, went to a pub and finally had a run in with the stereo type of british men abroad, me and this american guy i was traveling with went to a pub with these two american girls had a few beers then enter about 10 or so english rugby players dressed as pirates... one came and talked to us and he was fine then the group followed then they found out it was one of the girls 21st birthday so wat happens they start singing songs and getting naked completely fuckin naked.. the sung the song "you spin me right round baby right round" and did the helicopter with there wangs... then the cops came and kicked us all out

from bratislava caught the train to budapest.. and for the record dont smoke on the platform and the maintrainstation in bratislava even tho theres no no smoking signs they cops will still fine you 15 euros budapest was much better city then prague spent 8 days there, more things to look at and the nightlife is a whole lot better.. went out one night to this bar place where tequillas were less then a euro got shitfaced on them and beers then couldnt find the guy i went where with so i attempted to find my way back to the hostel but ended up way on the other side of the city.. so i took a taxi which cost a shitload of hufs went to few other bars around town all were good enough

from budapest i took the train to ljubijana i missed my first train so the next one i took left mid afternoon and arrived in ljubijana about 2am went to first hostel celica but it was booked out so then i made my way to alibi bypassing all the drunks staggering around on the street spent 3 nights in ljubijana went out on this pub crawl kinda thing with these uni student that were there for a seminar these slovenins took us around to all these places.. the funniest was metelklova or somthin its near the celica hostel its where all the metal heads hang out it was funny ljubijana is a nice small little city its worth visting if your in the area..

from ljubijana i made my way to zagreb where i am now havnt really done that much yet, its a small city aswell and is nice from wat ive seen so far and can be done in a day im here till friday tho then ill make my way down to split then to dubrovnik

ive spent way to much money moslty on beer so at some point i have to start heading back up north to england where i can live for free for the remainer of my time... but i still got enough money to last me a while yet

respect

Where ive been: Cộng Hòa Xã Hội Chủ Nghĩa Việt , Preăh Réachéanachâkr Kâmpŭchea, Bundesrepublik Deutschland, Česká republika, Slovenská republika, Magyar Köztársaság, Republika Slovenija, Republika Hrvatska, Bosna i Hercegovina, Republika Srbija, Republika Balgariya, Türkiye Cumhuriyeti, România, Rzeczpospolita Polska, Lietuvos Respublika, Latvijas Republika, Eesti Vabariik, Republiken Finland

MY NAME IS
Daniel
Old 04-04-2006, 09:14 AM   #4
beergal
TPunk Emeritus

heh a great update...you should definately come on the boards more and give us a little more info when you are in each city...those taxi's in Budapest are a rip off when you pull one off the street, its definately a lot cheaper to phone one of the companies for one because the telephone ops speak english so thats a good warning for future visits to Budapest

Cant wait to see your photos of dubrovnik

Old 04-04-2006, 10:42 AM   #5
kingcrazylegs
***** gear guru

Send a message via ICQ to kingcrazylegs Send a message via AIM to kingcrazylegs Send a message via MSN to kingcrazylegs Send a message via Yahoo to kingcrazylegs

Sounds awesome so far dude, can't wait to see some pics!

all that is not given is lost
kingcrazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:27 AM   #6
futboller
Members

Send a message via AIM to futboller

Sounds like a blast. Keep updating (and bring some pics!)

Travel::Blog
futboller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:31 AM   #7
chelseafc05
Members

ok
zagreb is priddy cool i spent 4 days but you can do it in one.. it kind of reminds me of melbourn just on a smaller scale and without the skyline... also found croatia coffe champ or somethin i dont really drink coffe and i had to try one and it was prddy good.. he studied in itay, anyway i stayed in buzz backpackers hostel its right in the center of town and it was a real good hostel they arnt up on any of the websites yet but there website is www.buzzbackpackers.com so if your in agreb check them out as opposed to the shit hole omadlinski or the other one thats way out of town..

from zagreb i caught the bus to split.. its worth a stop its real nice in the center of town some nice bars and stuff there.. i met two american girls in split and traveled with them to hvar town on hvar island the next day hvar is priddy cool to go to aswell but this time of the year this isnt much goin on there and alot of things arnt open... we got a real cheap apartment for like 12 euro in the center of town which was cool..

went spent a night in hvar then were gonna catch the ferry down to dubrovnik but we read the timetable thing rong so we caught the ferry from hvar to korcular island then a bus across korkula island then a car ferry to the mainland where one of the girls dad was waiting to pick us up.. he drove us from there to dubrovnik

dubrovnik real good especially the old town definatley worth a look at.. the weather isnt the best today but who cares...

tomorrow i catch the bus from dubrovnik to mostar

restep

MY NAME IS
Daniel
Old 04-11-2006, 05:23 AM   #8
beergal
TPunk Emeritus

any photos yet?

Old 04-19-2006, 07:09 AM   #9
chelseafc05
Members

Quote:
Originally posted by beergal1@Apr 11 2006, 11:23 PM
any photos yet?
[snapback]111703[/snapback]
nein

from dubrovnik i went to mostar, is interesting you can see most of the place in a few hours i stayed the night just becoz ive got alot of time to kill. the place still has the effects of war but that just makes it more intersting...mostar is worh a squizz

left mostar in the mornin to sarejevo .. sarejevo is awsome i stayed there for 6 days found it hard to leave the place, the bosnian people are so friendly met a few cool kids at this bar place thing, where bosnians sit around siging old bosnian songs .. in conclusion go to bosnia if your in the area

im in belgrade now much larger then all the other cities i been to weathers pritty shitty havnt done that much yet, but i think ill be here for a while...

im out peace!!!!

MY NAME IS
Daniel
Old 04-19-2006, 07:23 AM   #10
Esterina
french touch

Good to see you around, Daniel ! Thanks for the update, makes it harder to stay still at home !

I hope your budget will allow you to continue your journey as planned, and that you WILL go to Moldova !

people are people

Esterina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:06 PM   #11
omisan
Minister of Offense

Send a message via AIM to omisan Send a message via Yahoo to omisan

Sounds like you're having a blast... took you a while to find TravelPunk again, huh? Must be good!

Find out @ http://omidabroad.blogspot.com

omisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:12 PM   #12
Brookers13
Ohio State's #1 Fan

Send a message via AIM to Brookers13 Send a message via MSN to Brookers13

sounds amazing!

"I wanna be there, I wanna go back down and get high by the sea there, with a tin cup for a chalice, fill it up with good red wine, and ill be chewin' on a honeysuckle vine...." - Jimmy
Brookers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:50 AM   #13
chelseafc05
Members

right then
spent 3 nights in belgrade ....another great city to add to the list , nice people, great cheap food and by far has the largest amount of beutiful women ive seen yet .. although i didnt get there at the best time during orthadox easter ...so didnt really get to experience in full the belgrade night life.. only got to go to one club with a group of serbian girls i met.. the rest of the clubs were shut...the cyrillic is confusing for me anyway.. so a tip for anyone goin there just asked the locals there more then happy to point you in the right direction or even walk you there.. then just use the landmarks to work your way around..

im in sofia now been here for four days so far, after a a bull shit ass night train ride from belgrade.. sofia like the rest of the cities ives been to has yet failed to dissapoint... the people are great dont speak as much english as others but you can still get by quite easily.. some great things to see here .. the rila monastry was nice but a bit of a tourist trap but its something you have to see.. tried to get up mt vitosha with a canadian chick i met ........first we took the tram in the rong direction then we didnt no where the bus stop was so we stood around waiting at a thing we thought would be a bus stop after half hour i saw the bus stop across a couple of streets.. then we didnt no which one we had to get on so asked a bulgarian guy who spoke no english so i ended up just pointin at the mountain then he rote down the bus number we had to get on.. only to find out by another bulgarian that the chair lift thing to the top wasnt working.. so we stayed on the bus to see where it would take us.. it took us to the end of the line then turned around and took us back to where it started ...whole trip took about 2 and half hours.. we didnt get to the top of the mountain but still got to see some good views of the city and the bus ride up was alot of fun... like roller coster..and roller costers are fun... and it only cost 50 bulgarian cents so it was worth it..
stayin at the best hostel yet.."hostel mostel"..free all you can eat breakfast.. free internet, free portion of pasta and beer, cool staff and everthing else youd expect from a awesome hostel
im gonna spend a few more days in this city, still havnt seen many of the sights yet got alot of time to kill so i go at my relaxed pace....then once that is done off to veliko tarnovo, plovdiv then to istanbul

take it ezy ............. and resdtep

MY NAME IS
Daniel
Old 04-25-2006, 10:02 AM   #14
beergal
TPunk Emeritus

Chelsea...you are making me uber jealous with your trip...did you manage to see the cup semi final where we kicked your ass out of that again lol

Old 04-25-2006, 03:12 PM   #15
expatben
lover of Germany

Cool Daniel! I am glad you are having a good time man, take it easy and enjoy the rest of this crazy place called Europe!

Do to list: [color=blue][color=black] Australia, New Zealand, Austria India and Bolivia.

[color=blue][i][font=Verdana][color=black]"I'm just another stranger lookin' for the promised land"
expatben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 05:24 PM   #16
ajb3000
TPunk Recognized

Have you decided the skip Kosovo, Albania and Macedonia?
Where I've been: Albania, Australia, Belguim, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Morocco, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovenia, Somaliland, Spain, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Thailand, Transnistria, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Ukraine, Uruguay Uzbekistan, Vatican City, Vietnam, Yemen

Where I'm going: Cyprus (June 2013)
ajb3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:37 AM   #17
kingcrazylegs
***** gear guru

Send a message via ICQ to kingcrazylegs Send a message via AIM to kingcrazylegs Send a message via MSN to kingcrazylegs Send a message via Yahoo to kingcrazylegs

awesome dude - keep it coming

all that is not given is lost
kingcrazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:45 AM   #18
futboller
Members

Send a message via AIM to futboller

Great updates Dan!

Travel::Blog
futboller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:52 PM   #19
chelseafc05
Members

haha im fucked right now but anyway ill continue where i left off
till kill time for the stupid fuckin visa shit i went to this real cool town called veliko tarnovo in bulgaria ,abosouley rad place to go to especially if ya stay at hikers hostel anyhoos i spent the weekend there then bakco to sofia to wait for my visa to romaina once i got ma fuckin visa i went to plovdiv bulgarias 2nd city its got some old ancient ruins n shit there whcih was priddy cool spent bout 3 or 4 dayd there just smokin pot n gettin blind ahhhh old times, again hikers hostel there is good shit, from there i moved onto istanbul which included the most stupidist fucked up border crossing in the world ...haha the fuckers.... had to wait 2 hout\rs in a que on the bus i was in to get our luggage searched but as soon as we got out offthe buses to get our luggage searched they priddy much told us to get back on the bus and keep rollin so that was a complete fuckin waiste of time spent more time at the border then wat we did drib\vine i think it\n total we spent 6 hours there maaan fuck that .... so anyway i eventually made it to istanbul....... really really nice city sure it would be alot better if ya got rid of the annoying fuckers but thats all part of the expericenc hey.... istanbul was a bit pricey for me...well the beers were same price as we pay in australia which isnt the best especially after being in this eastenr region for a while... but other then that its deffinetiley worth a vistit..
from istanbul i got a 22 hour fuckin train ride to bucharest .... in which i got no sleep and brings me to the next part of my story..... in short i got scammed 600 euro.. by a scam that i new about but was to fucked and tired to catch ont0 so in short, and a lesson fpr others, beat the shit out of anywone thats is waiting r\for you or talks to you at the trin station that you didnt organishe previoulsy. a quick back handi to the face will sort them out, but im over it so fuck it hey.. ohter then that ill admit not a whole lot to see in bucharest but still the peole here are some of the nicest people ya could meet so respect to them
from here i go further up norht of romania, to brasov, sinaia, bran, then sigisoara then clug napoca then maby further up to sapanta ...esther you might no about that place......... from there ive got the choice to keep headin the way up and goin throuagh poland to the baltic states then towarsds england to avoid summer or to make my way back through serbia and albania to corfu an island off greece to work and get my funds back to a reasonable level, im almost at this screwd at this stage... so no moldova sorry esther just the amount of shit and the price i had to to go through to get it wasnt really wot\rt it especiallt after the crap i had to go throug for romanian visa... i can always wait till my nect RTW trip ... other then that im really really fuckin drunk som ima go smoke a ciggaretete now remind to post a normal post in the mornin

keep it real

MY NAME IS
Daniel
Old 05-17-2006, 07:09 PM   #20
Esterina
french touch

Oh, sorry about the scam ! That sucks !

I don't know if you'll read this message before heading north, but you'll save bucks and have a better time if you find a room in the village itself. Most tourists sleep in Sighetu Maramei (or something that sounds like that), because it's the main town of the area, but the fares are high. The best is to drop in Sapanta, or any village around, and go to the restaurant or convenient store and ask for a place to sleep.

I stayed in Vadu Izei and had a great time !

This area is where the traditions were the most preserved. You'll see people wearing traditional clothes as their daily outfit.

Have a great time !

people are people

Esterina is offline   Reply With Quote