I finally bought my plane tickets to visit England June 10-29. I'm definitely planning to spend the end of the trip 26-28 in Paris, but now I'm thinking that won't be enough time to really see everything.
Here's what I know I want to see and would like to see, do I have enough time to do it, and what's the best way to travel in between?
1. Charles Dicken's Museum (I'm an English major, can't pass it up!)
2. The British Museum
3. All those touristy things you can walk past, Buckingham palace and that shit...
The Rest of England:
1. Tintern Abbey (definitely!)
2. Stonehenge (Maybe)
3. Oxford, to drink in the pub where Tolkien and C.S. Lewis hung out
1. The Louvre
2. The cemetary where Oscar Wilde, Collette and Jim Morrison are buried.
3. Monet's garden (maybe)
4. Again, all the touristy things you can see by walking around
I'm open to suggestions, are there things I should definitely not miss in Enlgand or Paris? I'm thinking about leaving for Paris earlier so I can see more and maybe do some day trips out. Any suggestions for places nearby?
How much time do you think it would take to see all of this? I was planning on taking megabus in England, but it would it be faster and more convenient to pay more for train passes? This is my first solo trip, I'm in way over my head!!!