Hi I am a new member, although I have been reading the posts since half a year ago. I bought ticket to Frankfurt for this winter from 12/30 to 1/13 (2weeks) from NYC.
Here is my itinerary. Most likely I'll get a 5/6 days 2/3 country train pass. My stratagy is to depart a major city city early in the morning and stop by 1 or 2 small towns along the train ride and arrive the next major city in the evening. The "major city" includes Munich, Austria (Innsbruck, Salzburg), Berlin, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Brussels, then back to Frankfurt.
Any suggestions and comments are appreciated. Thanks!!
12/31 - Arrive in Frankfurt at 1100
, then leaving Frankfurt immediately, stop by Wurzburg/Nurnburg, then arrive in Munich,
1/1 - Munich
1/2 - Munich
1/3 - Munich - Innsbruck - Salzburg
1/4 - Salzburg - Berlin
1/5 - Berlin
1/6 - Berlin
1/7 - Berlin - Wolfsburg - Amsterdam
1/8 - Amsterdam
1/9 - Amsterdam
1/10 - Amsterdam - Rotterdam - Brussels
1/11 - Brussels
1/12 - Brussels - Luxenburg - Trier - Koblenz - Rhein Valley - Frankfurt
1/13 Frankfurt tour before leaving for NYC
Here are some of the questions I have
1) I am concern with not having enough time to visit the towns in between of the train ride (e.g. innsbruck, rotterdam, ect.)
2) Should I see Innsbruck and Salzburg? What about Vienna?
3) Should I see Hamburg?
4) 1/12 is very cramped. I would like to see some castles and Rhein in my trip.
5) My friend would like to see a concentration camp. Where can we find one?
6) Does it cost extra to take a night train with beds?
7) I would like to do bobsledding in Germany or some winter olympic stuff. Where can I find those.
8) Should I see Mercedes-Benz and VW headquarter (included VW at Wolfsburg in my trip)
I know I have too many questions. I really appreciate your reading and your comments. Thank you.