On a scale of 1 (good) to 10 (evil) how would you rank human nature? - Page 2 - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Backpacker College Student Travel Message Boards > Polls
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

Polls Which country has the most...
Curious on the mindset of the TPunk community? Start a poll!

View Poll Results: Good (1) or Evil (10)?
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 2 9.52%
5 7 33.33%
6 3 14.29%
7 4 19.05%
8 1 4.76%
9 2 9.52%
10 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 02-04-2007, 03:20 PM   #21
TPunk Emeritus

^ That's why I picked 5, no way to reverse the meaning.:D

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

"The plural of anecdote is not data"
LiveFreeorDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:35 AM   #22
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via Skype™ to MeTurk

I'd say a 3 or a 4. I don't believe in "evil" People don't get up in the morning and think I'm going to be a bastard today. Most people are trying to do what they think is the right thing. being thought the wrong thing, not thinking for yourself and laziness account for allot of the bad things in the world. Then there is the tiny minority that are just plain greedy or psycotic.

I've been around people that have done bad things in their lifes and have always found that they can be nice people as long as you meet them under the right curcumstances it doesn't excuse their actions but it showed me that deep down all people are good and want to do good things and be liked, some mistake liked for feared/respected though.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:09 AM   #23
celebrating jacks b-day!

lol you're right... I'm a fool!
BelfastFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:24 AM   #24
TPunk Emeritus

I think I'd give us a 6... i think thisgs work because there is a balance... but evil does seem a bit stronger frm time to time: war, discrimination, hunger, etc etc etc.
Been to: Argentina, Chile, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt. Greece, Turkey, England, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Belgium, USA, Mexico, Spain, Monaco, Czech Republic, Ireland and Uruguay.

Next trip: Still pondering the possibilities for January 2009... * OH THE MYSTERY!! *

The travel bug is insatiable
florencia9699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:25 AM   #25
Don't cut the red wire...

Send a message via MSN to The Monsignor Send a message via Yahoo to The Monsignor

I wonder if it's too late to add a poll to this thing, it would be neat to see how everyone's opinion comes out.

Make war, not love! It's safer!

The Monsignor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:29 AM   #26
TPunk Emeritus

^^ Done! Start voting!!
Been to: Argentina, Chile, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt. Greece, Turkey, England, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Belgium, USA, Mexico, Spain, Monaco, Czech Republic, Ireland and Uruguay.

Next trip: Still pondering the possibilities for January 2009... * OH THE MYSTERY!! *

Old 02-05-2007, 08:51 AM   #27
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to micdans

Cool this is great guys. I gotta get to class, but I'll be back later.
micdans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:37 PM   #28

I would say somewhere around 20 today, as someone decided to brave sub zero temperatures late last night to break into my car. There was nothing at all to steal in the car. Now, in the icy cold weather, I have no window.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:09 PM   #29
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Well thats a pisser. Hope you don't freeze
Old 02-05-2007, 03:33 PM   #30
TPunk Emeritus

Beta, that sucks... but that beats ridng in Marc873's scooter in the snow!!

I know, it doesn't make it better, but I hope I got a smile out of ya!!

Old 02-05-2007, 07:44 PM   #31

I'm more upset about having to replace the window than the weather. I have to walk around in this deep freeze for work anyway. It just amazes me that the elements will not stand in the way of petty crime.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:57 AM   #32
You want fries with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ßeta View Post
I'm more upset about having to replace the window than the weather. I have to walk around in this deep freeze for work anyway. It just amazes me that the elements will not stand in the way of petty crime.
Happened to me a couple weeks ago as well. It sucks. Some crackhead broke in, got blood everywhere and took a roll of quarters and a $10 I kept for emergency gas. Go figure.

"Steve is the prototypical cool American male. Y'know, I'm talking about Steve McGarrett, alright? Steve Austin, Steve McQueen. Y'know, he's the guy on his horse, the guy alone. He has his own code of honor, his own code of ethics, his own rules of living, man. He never, ever tries to impress the women but he always gets the girl."

Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:01 AM   #33
TPunk Emeritus

Wow, this is a cynical bunch. Out of 11 votes so far, no one voted 1, 2 or 3 but several votes were up near 10. Not a lot of hope for humanity.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

"The plural of anecdote is not data"
LiveFreeorDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:45 AM   #34
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to Delaney Send a message via MSN to Delaney

I don't think humans are necessarily evil but I think we are inherently selfish, and that can make our actions seem very mean. I don't think there are a lot of people out there trying to be awful, but most people just live their life selfishly without thinking about it. And that negatively affects the people around them, the environment, their families, etc.

I voted for 5, because I think its probably about 50/50. Did you guys hear about the guy who saved someone's life by protecting them with his body while a subway train ran over them? There is an example of a 1. Someone was having a seizure and feel onto a train track, so this stranger jumped down and help the guy so he wouldn't move and laid on top of him while the train passed over the two of them. Wow, talk about a kind soul.

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who'll decide where to go. - Dr. Suess

Why I'm not on TPunk as much anymore: http://www.kaushallab.cbl.umces.edu/people.html#katie
Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:31 PM   #35
TPunk Emeritus

Wow Delaney, where did that happen? that is an amazing act of just true love for a person. Even if it was a total stranger.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #36
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Send a message via AIM to juliagulia Send a message via MSN to juliagulia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaney View Post
I voted for 5, because I think its probably about 50/50. Did you guys hear about the guy who saved someone's life by protecting them with his body while a subway train ran over them? There is an example of a 1. Someone was having a seizure and feel onto a train track, so this stranger jumped down and help the guy so he wouldn't move and laid on top of him while the train passed over the two of them. Wow, talk about a kind soul.
yeah, i read about that (I think it was TIME).

Anyway, here it is in the NY Times.

Living In: Belfast, Northern Ireland

Next up!

Poland (February!)
juliagulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:33 PM   #37
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to micdans

I voted 10. Why I think that is because of the crap in this world (original sin). Yes there are 'good' people in the world, but we cannot live up the standards originally set for us. This is what I believe and I believe it because I am a Christian. We all believe what we believe because of our past experiences and worldviews.
It's a tricky subject tho.

Would people want me to keep posting my weekly questions? Otherwise, I will go back to wandering around Wal-Mart and Whole Foods (both places you get great mixes of people) awkwardly asking...:eek:

Thanks for the responses.
micdans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:00 AM   #38
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to Delaney Send a message via MSN to Delaney

Yes, I like the weekly questions. My job is so boring. Anything to get me thinking!

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who'll decide where to go. - Dr. Suess

Why I'm not on TPunk as much anymore: http://www.kaushallab.cbl.umces.edu/people.html#katie
Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:20 PM   #39
lover of Germany

weekly questions rule! Oh yes they do!

Do to list: [color=blue][color=black] Australia, New Zealand, Austria India and Bolivia.

[color=blue][i][font=Verdana][color=black]"I'm just another stranger lookin' for the promised land"
expatben is offline   Reply With Quote