Newbie lookin to meet some Tpunks! - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Introductions and Announcements
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

Introductions and Announcements Intro: First time here? "Say hello to my little friend..." Announcements: B-Days, special thanks, congrats, ..."You betta recognize!"

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 04-11-2005, 08:24 PM   #1
Members

Send a message via MSN to Higgonzo
Exclamation

Just Thought I would introduce myself formally seeing that I'm a newbie here and am more than excited about it. Everyone seems awesome on this site and I'd love to meet some of you on future travels.
A bit about myself - I like to skate/wake/snow/surf board and drink with friends and talk shit. I want to see the world and travel to as many places as possible.. There so much out there to see.. you just gotta make it happen. I spin records (Hip-Hop and Breaks) and my favorite flicks are anything directed by Martin Scorsese and Quentin Tarantino (GoodFellas, Mean Streets, Taxi Driver, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Reservoir Dogs etc.) Lock Stock, Snatch, Half Baked, The Godfather, Blow, A Bronx Tale, Scarface, and on and on and on... I love movies -- I like the gangster shit.
I'm down to earth. I try to make the best of every situation. I have a high pain threshold. I love my family and friends and I hate fake people who are obsessed with the material things in life. I have a spiritual side but follow no religion.. I believe religion is the root of all the worlds problems..as well as George Bush (can't forget that crazy fuck).. I just like living one day at a time... Snowboarding's my passion and I love Music. I'm an empiricist... I have to try everything before I can judge it.
Im an eclectic listener of music... I like punk (Good Riddance, NOFX, Pennywise, Bad Religion), Hip-Hop (Gangstarr, Dialated Peoples, Rakim, SNoop, Nas, The Roots, Heiroglyphics, g-g-g-g-Unit, Common, Tribe, Pac, Biggie, Jay-Z, Kanye, Pete Rock & CL, J-5), Classic Rock (Neil Young, War, Zeppelin, The Doors, AC/DC, Bowie, The Dead, Hendrix, Floyd, The Stones, Van Morrison), Raggae, Dub, etc.

As for my travels, this summer I'm heading to England for June to work for a tea company.. after that I'm on to Mombasa, Kenya to work for the same company doing some auction work for tea. From there I'll be flying to Amsterdam to start off the part of my three month adventure that I'm most excited about - Backpacking through western Europe! I'll be heading through Germany, Switzerland, France, and Spain after spending some quality time in Amsterdam. Then it's back to reality in T.O. at the end of August. ewww

Anyways that's the story of my life right now... Feel free to hit me back and comment on whatever you'd like. Also I'd love to meet up with some Travel Punks well I'm over in Europe so anyone with similar plans .. lemme know

Ciao for Now , Peace

</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>"It's better to burn out, then to fade away" - Neil Young</td></tr></table><span class='signature'>

pauliggins@hotmail.com
Higgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:35 PM   #2
BONO'S LOVE SLAVE

Hey and welcome! Your plans sound amazing!

Now I am going to write this off as being tired yet high on mountain dew at the same time (is that possible?)....but.....where are you from?

Insert reject emoticon here for not knowing.

Metro to Ginza shopping district: 160 yen

Watching middle-aged Japanese woman dance to U2: priceless
U2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:49 PM   #3
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to Tadpole

Welcome to boards my friend! You're going to love it.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:49 PM   #4
***** gear guru

Send a message via ICQ to kingcrazylegs Send a message via AIM to kingcrazylegs Send a message via MSN to kingcrazylegs Send a message via Yahoo to kingcrazylegs

Welcome to Tpunk!

all that is not given is lost
kingcrazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:51 PM   #5
Members

From Toronto Dude... best city in the world. Other than the shooting that happened near my house yesterday, that wasn't too cool.

Thanks Tad, appreciate the kindness.

How do I get my Avatar to work.. I keep trying to upload a photo but it doesn't work.

</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>"It's better to burn out, then to fade away" - Neil Young</td></tr></table><span class='signature'>

pauliggins@hotmail.com
Old 04-11-2005, 09:09 PM   #6
***** gear guru

Send a message via ICQ to kingcrazylegs Send a message via AIM to kingcrazylegs Send a message via MSN to kingcrazylegs Send a message via Yahoo to kingcrazylegs

Quote:
Originally posted by Higgonzo@Apr 11 2005, 10:50 PM
How do I get my Avatar to work.. I keep trying to upload a photo but it doesn't work.
You have to upload the file to the web first (your own site) and then paste the address into the advatar section on your control panel. If you continue to have a problem, email me the pic.

all that is not given is lost
kingcrazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:36 PM   #7
BONO'S LOVE SLAVE

Ok, Toronto was my guess but didn't want to say that in case I was completely wrong or you were offended because you hate Toronto or something

Metro to Ginza shopping district: 160 yen

Watching middle-aged Japanese woman dance to U2: priceless
U2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:39 PM   #8
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to bluepea

Welcome - you'll have a great time here. Enjoy Kenya! What do you do for the tea co?

Have some general questions such as whether or not to get a rail pass or how much money you'll need? Visit here!

First time travelers/travelers with a lot of questions - this forum is for you![b]
bluepea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 08:44 AM   #9
TPunk Emeritus

Hey...we have another Canadian on the boards....

WELKOM!!

Toronto is a very nice city - I've been there twice - and hope to get there again sometime soon!

Old 04-12-2005, 08:49 AM   #10
Me2
Members

Send a message via MSN to Me2

welcome

I AM CANADIAN!!! wait we can't use that one any more, molson joined coors, it is now I AM CANADIAN/AMERICAN
Me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 08:50 AM   #11
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via Skype™ to MeTurk

Howdo!

Quote:
I spin records
You know, you can get a machine that does that for you.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:30 AM   #12
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to SuDz

Hey,`. I am new here myself and seeing anyone that is a NOFX fan is fine by me hehe. Welcome to the site.

SuDZ
Rozza > yeah
Rozza > that should be your sig
SuDz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 12:22 PM   #13
Members

Failte!

Plans sound great, amsterdam a great place to start in Europe as long as you manage to leave!
Old 04-12-2005, 05:13 PM   #14
Members

Thanks to all you welcoming people.. It's great to be a part of the boards!

Jamie - I will be doing some factory work in England as well as helping out in the offices. Sampling and tasting tea will also be something I'll be learning.
In Mombasa.. I'll be tasting and evaluating auction offers for the company I'll be interning for..also attending the auctions and visiting the blending/packing operation, warehouses and the port. (huuuge port for Eastern Africa Importing/Exporting).
A weekend trip to Nairobi into the Rift Valley to see some of the tea estates there is on the menu as well.

pauliggins@hotmail.com
Old 04-12-2005, 05:45 PM   #15
The " ... " queen of TP!

Hey Higgonzo, welcome to the boards!!!!!!!!! I'm from around the Toronto area as well (although slightly off in the ways of boonville aka 1 hr north)......where do u live that there was a shooting right by ure house? That sucks man....

If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forward and people won't know if you're coming or going.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
-James Dean

Countries I've Visited: Austria, Botswana, Canada, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy. Malawi, Mexico, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, USA, UK, Vatican City, Zambia
simply_angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 07:17 PM   #16
Members

Oh it was down at Dundas Square (Dundas/Yonge) in front of the eaton Centre. A guy got shot in the ass than some innocent bystandards got hit across the street. Broaddaylight. What the fuck eh. SOme people are cracked out man.

pauliggins@hotmail.com
Old 04-12-2005, 07:28 PM   #17
Drifter in the making.

Sup Higgo!! I am also from the TDOT!!! what's up.... we're starting to get quite a few of us on here!!

We'll have to grab a beer sometime...

I was in Dundas Square as well when that random shooting happend... sooo weird cause that's not like Toronto at all...

Send me a PM sometime if you wanna grab a beer!

Totally stoked that we've got another Torontonian on here!!!

I will not say that your mulberry-trees are dead, but I am afraid they are not alive.
~ Jane Austen in a Letter (1811-05-31)
MolsonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 04:00 PM   #18
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via MSN to TERI

Hey Higgonzo, welcome to the boards. I'm from Toronto, but live in miss. I'll be in europe for july and august.

You're gonna have so much fun. So for your work, you get paid to sip on tea half the day? Thats so awesome! Bravo!

urple\'> "Wanna feel the warm breeze, sleep under a palm tree, feel the rush of the ocean."
"...Get aboard a fast train, travel on a damn plane."
" Take a Risk, Take a chance, Make a change!"--- Break away. Kelly Clarkson (lol)
TERI is offline   Reply With Quote