Introduction - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Introductions and Announcements
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

Introductions and Announcements Intro: First time here? "Say hello to my little friend..." Announcements: B-Days, special thanks, congrats, ..."You betta recognize!"

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 03-29-2005, 08:36 AM   #1
TP Ghost

Send a message via AIM to agriadam
Red face

After reading and endless amount of posts and making several posts my self I figure that it may be time for me to introduce myself… My name is Adam, I am a 23 year old male, and I live in the US, in Indiana more specifically… Yes it’s a state filled with Corn and Soybeans, hence my handle “agriadam”. The interesting thing is that I’ve never farmed a day in my life. The business that I am in sells to farmers.
This August I will be leaving for Europe for approximately 6 weeks, I can’t wait I’ve never been backpacking so this is going to be a great experience… I hope.
I’ll try and post some pictures later but I have to find some that will portray my true beauty…
I’m a very open person not easily offended and always up for a good debate. Check my profile for a “short” list of my interests.
I guess that that is all that I can think of right know feel free to ask me any questions you like. I’m sure you’ll see me posting if you haven’t already

“Life is too short to spend it doing something you don't like... if your passion is selling surfboards by the sea, then that is where you should be.”
-My Dad

"Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of France, Mexico and the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonalds? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria's mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head? I know what I want. I want it all. I want to try everything once."
-Anthony Bourdain

“If you can imagine a man having a vasectomy without anesthetic to the sound of frantic sitar-playing, you will have some idea what popular Turkish music is like.”
-Bill Bryson

"The older I get the less likely I feel I will ever figure my life out... I think that might be okay though"
-Me
agriadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:58 AM   #2
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

where in indiana?

I am from Crown Point
Old 03-29-2005, 09:00 AM   #3
TP Ghost

Greenwood, 10 miles south of Indianapolis

Where's crown pointe?

“Life is too short to spend it doing something you don't like... if your passion is selling surfboards by the sea, then that is where you should be.”
-My Dad

"Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of France, Mexico and the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonalds? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria's mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head? I know what I want. I want it all. I want to try everything once."
-Anthony Bourdain

“If you can imagine a man having a vasectomy without anesthetic to the sound of frantic sitar-playing, you will have some idea what popular Turkish music is like.”
-Bill Bryson

"The older I get the less likely I feel I will ever figure my life out... I think that might be okay though"
-Me
Old 03-29-2005, 09:18 AM   #4
***** gear guru

Send a message via ICQ to kingcrazylegs Send a message via AIM to kingcrazylegs Send a message via MSN to kingcrazylegs Send a message via Yahoo to kingcrazylegs

Welocme to Tpunk!

all that is not given is lost
kingcrazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:34 AM   #5
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

I've been to greenwood... I was homeschooled in high school and they had a homeschool 'prom' in greenwood

anyway Crown Point is way up in the NW corner of the state about 25 miles outside of downtown chicago.

It's on every map of indiana. bust one out. Crown Point is there.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:59 AM   #6
TP Ghost

^ I'm sure that it is on everymap but I am Lazy. So...it was a lot easier to ask you

and you expect me to know were a city with a population of 19,806 people and only 7.9 square miles is?

Yes I maybe lazy but I can take time out of my busy schedual to find out some information.

Lake County Indiana - Crown Point

If yor ever down my way let me know I'll buy you a beer

-My Dad

-Anthony Bourdain

-Bill Bryson

-Me
Old 03-30-2005, 09:56 AM   #7
T-PUNK SPECIAL FORCES

Welcome dude!

"To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid"
Realmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:47 PM   #8
Backcountry Betty

Send a message via Yahoo to ScarlotteDorian

Welcome! hoosier eh? well, i'm right across the indiana border in the south suburbs of chicago. again, welcome to travelpunk!

people travel to wonder at the height of the mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long course of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars; and they pass by themselves without wondering. -St. Augustine
ScarlotteDorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:57 PM   #9
To Smart For Mensa

dude seriously i thought there were way more people in crown point then 20k

learn something new everyday