One hundred days Turkey to London - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!



Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > General Travel Tips, Education, Advice > General Travel Tips and Advice

General Travel Tips and Advice Have you traveled before?- Please share your tips and advice with fellow Tpunks!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2003, 11:44 PM   #1
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB, CANADA
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy

So I have started planning this trip for this summer and as of now I know(me thinks) where and how long I am going for. Leaving first week of May, then fifty five days spent between France(~two weeks), Italy(~two weeks), Greece(~two weeks), and then Turkey and Southern Romania for the reamaining time. I have to be in Cluj, Romania on the 27th of June. Two weeks in Cluj(helping build some houses for H4H), and then I am planning to do Budapest, Vienna, some Germany, Amsterdam in two weeks and then skip over the Channel to England and Scotland for two weeks. I have been at the local library which thankfully has a great selection of up to date guide books. My problem is deciding where to go, I am a cook so I want to eat, eat and eat and I know that I want to go see some of the major museums and touristy sites but this will only take up a fraction of the three and a half months I will be in Europe. So then what the hell do I do with myself and how do I start planning it?? The guide books are alright but I really could not see myself going to this historical spot and this museum for one hundred days. I want to set out a itinerary of the places I want to hit, but that I don't need to stick to except Cluj by June 27th. Any ideas??
-m
__________________
"The only generalization that will always ring true is that every human being is generally stupid and ignorant, this includes me."
--Anonymous
mumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 12:23 PM   #2
Weasel Jones
 
joanofarc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,076
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

when i'm travelling, i like to spend about 15% of my time on history and museums and the other 85% on chilling and getting to know the city - finding it's vibe and understanding it's culture as best i can.

i recommend finding that perfect balance between seeing a lot and staying posted in one place long enough to honestly get a feel for it. you won't run around so much that way... and shit, are castles that much different?!! haha!

have fun. (by the way, what an awesome trip! so long and so many cool spots!)
__________________
bend over to the front and touch your toes
bounce that ass up and down and get low...
joanofarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply






Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turkey lilwings Traveling Alone or Family Travel 3 02-23-2006 01:56 PM
Turkey TUI Middle East 39 01-02-2006 06:44 AM
Turkey jas_the_ripper Middle East 0 10-21-2005 10:08 AM
turkey butternut punkin Middle East 11 04-11-2004 09:14 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:29 AM.



 

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.2.0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121