5 years of TPunk/long over due thanks - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 04-18-2010, 04:00 AM   #1
lover of Germany

Default 5 years of TPunk/long over due thanks

Today marks my 5th year since I first stumbled on the Travel Punk website looking for hostel ideas and found this forum. A lot has gone on in the world and in my life in those 5 years, I hae travelled to new countries and have met great people.
Its long over due but I want to give a big thank you to Travel Punk everyone knows that collectivley we are a great if not the best travel resource out there and I have been given and hopefully given great advice over the years but we also know that Travel Punk is more than that, we're a community.
Travel Punk has encouraged me, inspired me and made me want to travel more whether its an old travel going somewhere and making it seem awesome, or a new a traveler traveling for the first time you have shared some of my best moments and have been there for me during some of my lowest and for that I thank you.
To Travel Punk!

Do to list: [color=blue][color=black] Australia, New Zealand, Austria India and Bolivia.

[color=blue][i][font=Verdana][color=black]"I'm just another stranger lookin' for the promised land"
expatben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
Admin

Happy 5th Anniversary!

Awesome words to the family, bro! It's always so great to hear how this community affects people world wide. How simply getting involved can make a major difference in our lives.

Thanks for sticking around all of these years buddy, and for being such a HUGE part of this community. And yes, you have definitely given great advice and have helped inspired countless people who have perused these boards over the years!
travelpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via MSN to mooloo

Here's to the next 5 years
I love that you said that we are a community, we are, and a damn fine one at that!

Explore, Dream, Discover." Mark Twain

---------------------------------------------------------------
My World Travelogue - Bloggity Blog
Updated April 2010!
--------------------------------------------------
Soon
NZ or OZ
Saving for a year - 18 months for a decent trip

Soonest
Trying my hand at short walks/tramps in NZ
NZ or OZ Travel
Passport Stamps; Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Thailand, Cambodia, Singapore, Vietnam
mooloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:33 PM   #4

Although my username has changed, I have been reading for 3-4 years as well and am much appreciative like yourself. I have learned a lot on these boards.

here's to your fifth!
daveyknew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:52 PM   #5
TP Ghost

Send a message via AIM to agriadam

Woo Hoo! Didn't even realize it but I guess I just had my five years too.

You are absolutely right this is the best travel community around, And a hard thing to stay away from, even if i disappear for a bit I always find my way back so Cheers to you and all of Travel Punk!

“Life is too short to spend it doing something you don't like... if your passion is selling surfboards by the sea, then that is where you should be.”
-My Dad

"Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of France, Mexico and the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonalds? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria's mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head? I know what I want. I want it all. I want to try everything once."
-Anthony Bourdain

“If you can imagine a man having a vasectomy without anesthetic to the sound of frantic sitar-playing, you will have some idea what popular Turkish music is like.”
-Bill Bryson

"The older I get the less likely I feel I will ever figure my life out... I think that might be okay though"
-Me
agriadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:10 AM   #6
Artist of Life

great idea and long overdue... i guess this is my SIXTH year here! wow...

When i look back at my early posts, its like a snapshot of how I was back then and how so much has changed since then.

Seriously... I grew UP on the boards! Thanks to the Godfather and all you awesome tpunkers for making it all possible....

CB
Jules: "You know, like Kane in 'Kung Fu'...go places...meet people...get in adventures."

Trips (only counting recreational travel):
FIRST TRIP (2005): FIRST EUROTRIP EVER! UK, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland
SECOND TRIP (2007): First Solo Trip! Greece, Turkey, Syria, Spain
2008: China (Beijing, Shanghai, Yangshuo) ...right before the Olympics!
2009: Japan & HK, Southern Spain
[size=1]2010: All over Lebanon, Ibiza (Spain), Oktoberfest (Germany), Thailand.
2011: India (Goa), Jordan, Jerusalem, San Sebastian (Spain), Amsterdam (again), London, Driving from Vancouver to L.A. (stopping in Portland, Seattle, San Fran and all the little stops), Montpellier (France), Geneva and Lausanne (Switzerland)

"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it."
Canadian Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #7
Tpunk Senior Moderators

YES!!! I consider Tpunks my family!!! This place has done sooooo much for me over the years, and the last year or so, you my travel family have been there for me through A LOT!!!!! And I will always be thankful...
Now get your fucking asses down to Hondurus and have a beer with me!! You guys missed your Nicaraguan chance!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 10:51 AM   #8
lover of Germany

I know what you mean CB, I spent a few minutes yesterday reading through my first post and some other old ones and I feel I have really grown up and some of that I think is due to the family

Do to list: [color=blue][color=black] Australia, New Zealand, Austria India and Bolivia.

[color=blue][i][font=Verdana][color=black]"I'm just another stranger lookin' for the promised land"
expatben is offline   Reply With Quote