Why do you travel/backpack? - Page 2 - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 03-20-2006, 05:50 AM   #21
TPunk Emeritus

lol gotcha.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:53 AM   #22
Members

I agree, life and travel doesn't stop once you get married and have kids, esp. if it's w/the right person. I can only imagine how awesome it must be to able to share it w/the ppl you love. I hope I didn't offend anyone w/what I wrote. I meant it more along the lines of what somnambulation said...to be at a better place to commit myself to marriage, work or whatever, for me at least..after being on a job/grad school merry go around and being (well, currently still) in a longggggggg stale relationship. I hope this makes sense..ultimately, i just want to be less confused...lol

-fortune cookie
crybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:01 PM   #23

Yeah it's true that life doesn't stop once you're married!!! I can't wait to marry my fiance but I want to do something big as my last thing as an unmarried girl. I'm not gonna go cheat or anything, i'd never do that the love of my life, but I just wanna go w/out him :P And yes we plan to travel lots together once we're married!
Old 03-21-2006, 08:29 PM   #24
The " ... " queen of TP!

I do it for the nervous/excited feeling you get just before you go somewhere new...like jumping into a dark hole and just letting the milliseconds/feels like seconds/feels like minutes/feels like hours pass to see where you land

I do it because I'm constantly trying to find myself

I do it because I need to get away

I do it because I love to experience new things

I do it because I bore very easily...

I do it for the sights

I do it for the food

I do it for the people

I do it because I'm a dreamer

But most of all...I do it because there is just...I dunno a curiosity, a craving, from deep down within me that makes me want to see everything. To experience as much as I physically can of this world and more. Somehow I really don't think that that would be possible from within my safe little nook in Canada. So I jump & I will continue to jump until the day I die.

If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forward and people won't know if you're coming or going.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
-James Dean

Countries I've Visited: Austria, Botswana, Canada, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy. Malawi, Mexico, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, USA, UK, Vatican City, Zambia
simply_angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 09:08 AM   #25
Members

"But most of all...I do it because there is just...I dunno a curiosity, a craving, from deep down within me that makes me want to see everything. To experience as much as I physically can of this world and more. Somehow I really don't think that that would be possible from within my safe little nook in Canada. So I jump & I will continue to jump until the day I die. "
i am loving your philosophy

oh man you guys are really making me anxious to get going...only 3 more months....

-fortune cookie
crybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 02:43 PM   #26
Members

Send a message via MSN to tuge

Why am I backpacking? Good question. If I was asked this 3 years ago, I don't know how I would answer it, but now, I know why. I'm 20 and will be graduating with a diploma in June. I'm going to be entering the tv/film industry which requires people who have traveled and have alot of life experience. Both of which I don't have. I have never traveled before and all I know is Vancouver. I've only traveled within Alberta and BC and only once to the rural parts of Louisianna to visit family.

When I entered into this broadcasting program, I was the youngest one and very insecure. I grew alot through this program and if you ask any of my classmates and instructors they'd probably say that I have changed the most. Through this program, I made alot of good friends, one in particular who has made me really think about myself. When she was 20 she traveled for 4 months alone in Europe, which was really inspiring to me. SHe has pushed me and is the reason for my change and she is the reason why I have decided to finally go.

I've always wanted to go backpacking, but didn't really have anyone to push me to actually make the commitment. I want to go so I can learn about myself and gain more life experience for when I start my career. I want to experience new things and meet new people. I'm a very shy person when you first meet me, but I open up and am a little crazy when you get to know me. I hope that through this experience that I will be able to be more confident. I want to see the world.

That last sentence was cheesey.
tuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 05:21 PM   #27
The " ... " queen of TP!

Quote:
Originally posted by tuge@Mar 25 2006, 05:43 PM
I want to see the world.

That last sentence was cheesey.
[snapback]108980[/snapback]
yeah...it may be cheesy, but when it comes down to it, we're all thinking it

If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forward and people won't know if you're coming or going.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
-James Dean

Countries I've Visited: Austria, Botswana, Canada, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy. Malawi, Mexico, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, USA, UK, Vatican City, Zambia
simply_angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:54 AM   #28
T-PUNK VICE ADMIRAL

Send a message via AIM to foofiter Send a message via MSN to foofiter Send a message via Yahoo to foofiter Send a message via Skype™ to foofiter

I backpack for many reasons...

To meet interesting people that are like minded (and like to party )
To see places I have never been before
To challenge myself to do things that I normally do not do
To work on my photography skills
To gain bragging rights
To break the boring same old process of everyday life
To be happy again
To experience new cultures
To drink a different beer
To attend meet-ups
To find out what the hell I want to do with my life
To find the perfect mate
To feel whole
To see what else is out there
To live my life to its fullest
To make sure I see what I want to see before I hit 40
To create memories that I will cherish forever

I could come up with many more but I think this gets the point across

Foo

"Eat healthy, exercise daily, die anyway" -- My motto
"Everyone I know, goes away, in the end...I will let you down, I will make you hurt..." -- Johnny Cash (NIN Cover of "Hurt")

I am traveling around the world until I find something that makes me want to stop. I am an aspiring photographer and hope to find whatever it is I am looking for...
foofiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:10 AM   #29
Members

Send a message via AIM to nemesis331

simple...

to see all this world has to offer

Old 03-27-2006, 12:56 PM   #30
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to goyincognito Send a message via MSN to goyincognito

To better learn how little I truly know.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:26 PM   #31
Members

Send a message via AIM to futboller

^^^ Absolutely right on Guy and Nemesis. The truly wise know mostly that they do not know anything.

Travel::Blog
futboller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:11 PM   #32
Members

Because I had nothing else to do. Lame, I know.

WhereSheGoes
whereshegoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:53 PM   #33
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Maineartist

follow your heart use your talent and live your dream.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:46 AM   #34
celebrating jacks b-day!

truth be told, I'm 26 and have done fuck all with my life apart from get drunk and wait for other people permission to have a life.

This is me taking control. I dont have to wait for anyone, go anywhere, do anything. You gotta love it.
BelfastFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:13 PM   #35
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to micdans

Hm, letsee. I think I travel because there is so much I don't know. I thoroughly enjoy history and art and architecture. I am interested and curious in other cultures. Just to see the world, the beauty and actually experience it for myself, rather than reading about it. Maybe to find a place to live/work when I'm older. Possibly find a college to study abroad at next spring. Freedom. Besides being influenced by others, to make an impact on those that I come in contact with. Maybe make life friends.
I actually don't really know. I've never been off this continent.

<>< MD
micdans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 07:36 PM   #36

Send a message via AIM to SleepIsTheCousinOfDeath

Anyone ever been to fucking Cincinnati...? I mean seriously...I travel mostly to learn about the people in this world that most americans seem to take for granted as lesser...and because of the adventures you experience as well as the knowledge it provides for u...best fucking education available, fuck Harvard

Where have I been? Well, thus far: Argentina, Canada, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, France, Germany, Ireland, Mexico, Japan, The Netherlands...

Where do I want to go? Well...: Central and South America, South East Asia, More of Europe, North, West, and South Africa, and...most places.
SleepIsTheCousinOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote