hi *wave* - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 06-28-2010, 08:36 PM   #1
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Send a message via AIM to juliagulia Send a message via MSN to juliagulia
Default hi *wave*

So, I was sitting around today, surfing through the boards and I realized that I haven't really been posting much lately. I read up on some new threads, catch up on ones that I've been keeping up with and then kind of go about the rest of my day. And I realized that usually the only reason I know so-and-so is in a particular country right now or just had this amazing thing happen in his or her life right now is because of facebook. And there are people here who I haven't heard from in a while who are definitely not avid facebookers

So, I really just wanted to see what everyone was up to, travel plans, works plans, whatever.

Right now I'm just getting over the worst bit of my Europe withdrawal which is aggravated by the fact that my boyfriend actually lives in Northern Ireland. He's going to be visiting me in August which will definitely help, and we're going to visit New York and Boston which will hopefully satiate my itchy feet. I'm studying again this summer (but now only 9 credits!) and got a new job at a spa (a LOT more relaxing than serving at a restaurant). I'm mostly just saving up as much as I can so I can buy a ticket to go back to Belfast next winter again. Oh! And I graduate in the spring!! All this stress will finally pay off and I'll finally be done with schooling (at least for another 3-5 years) after going to school 3 years straight with no substantial break!

Wow. I really meant to recap everything in 3 sentences max. I should have known better.

So what is everyone up to??

Living In: Belfast, Northern Ireland

Next up!

Poland (February!)
juliagulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:04 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to SGRHewitt Send a message via MSN to SGRHewitt Send a message via Skype™ to SGRHewitt

I know the feeling of being in school without a break. I've been in school with only 1 semester off since Fall 2004. I'm so ready to be done. One of the semesters was a study abroad program which is how I came here in the first place, but even that was 5 years ago.

Nothing better than a stress-free job. My job on campus is so easy, if it I got paid twice as much I'd work here for the rest of my life haha.

Anyway, where are you in the UK? I'll be coming that way July-Sept. Probably spending my time in the UK August 28th through Sept 13(if I can get my flight extended). Really want to make it back up to Scotland. Really want to make a couple of Premiership games. Liverpool game on the 28th, England game on the 3rd, Newcastle game on the 11th. Basically trying to get in as many games as possible before I head back.

Hope all is well and maybe we can meet up when I'm there!

July 23 - Sept 13: Back in Europe! Off to Brest, France for a French language course. Schedule is open before August 7 and after August 28, suggestions?
SGRHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to mish99

Well im back in England at the moment, doing live in care. Will be taking 4 days off to spend in London end of July. No set travel plans yet but hoping to make it to Ireland and Greece! And Muse in September!!

Otherwise not much in my life.

Currently Working in England

After:Jan 5 - South Africa. Sometime 2012 - Canada!
mish99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #4
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Send a message via AIM to juliagulia Send a message via MSN to juliagulia

Greeeeeeeece, ahh, I miss it! A family friend keeps inviting me, and even though I know I'd get free housing and food, I just cannot afford that plane ticket! Hope you have fun!

Also, I keep forgetting to change my "current location." I actually left Oxford in mid-April and spent a few weeks in Belfast. I've been back home for a month an a half now, but am missing it like crazy

Living In: Belfast, Northern Ireland

Next up!

Poland (February!)
juliagulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:29 AM   #5
TPunk Emeritus

Hi Julia,
Wow! Almost done with school? I HAVE been away for awhile. I have to report to my school district in mid-August. So, I have between now and then free, but not a lot of money. Plus, I have to prepare for my year, so I'll be spending a lot of time this summer working on that.

I WOULD like to go somewhere, though...

worldwidemike
worldwidemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
Admin

Damn, Julia. It seems like yesterday when you were 10 yrs old and needed your parents to come along for your first TPunk meetup and now you're back from the UK and just about done with school?

Time flies....Congrats on....everything!

As for me, got married, we had a baby, moved to Madrid, focusing on my online endeavors (updating this site too), separated, strategizing...

Who's next?!
travelpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:35 AM   #7
TPunk Emeritus

sorry to hear about the separation, Tone...
worldwidemike
worldwidemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:33 PM   #8
lover of Germany

sorry to hear about the separation *hugs*
as for me about 3 weeks ago I moved to Canada with my long time friend Alex (known to some here as awindos). I am now living in Guelph and have a part time job as a cleaner. Not great but it pays the bills.

Do to list: [color=blue][color=black] Australia, New Zealand, Austria India and Bolivia.

[color=blue][i][font=Verdana][color=black]"I'm just another stranger lookin' for the promised land"
expatben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #9
Don't cut the red wire...

Send a message via MSN to The Monsignor Send a message via Yahoo to The Monsignor

That's a shame about your separation, Tony!

In another post, you mentioned pursuing what you love - when you're doing that, it seems that everything else just tends to fall into line...

Keep your focus, and stay strong...

Make war, not love! It's safer!

The Monsignor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliagulia View Post

So, I was sitting around today, surfing through the boards and I realized that I haven't really been posting much lately. I read up on some new threads, catch up on ones that I've been keeping up with and then kind of go about the rest of my day. And I realized that usually the only reason I know so-and-so is in a particular country right now or just had this amazing thing happen in his or her life right now is because of facebook. And there are people here who I haven't heard from in a while who are definitely not avid facebookers

So, I really just wanted to see what everyone was up to, travel plans, works plans, whatever.

Right now I'm just getting over the worst bit of my Europe withdrawal which is aggravated by the fact that my boyfriend actually lives in Northern Ireland. He's going to be visiting me in August which will definitely help, and we're going to visit New York and Boston which will hopefully satiate my itchy feet. I'm studying again this summer (but now only 9 credits!) and got a new job at a spa (a LOT more relaxing than serving at a restaurant). I'm mostly just saving up as much as I can so I can buy a ticket to go back to Belfast next winter again. Oh! And I graduate in the spring!! All this stress will finally pay off and I'll finally be done with schooling (at least for another 3-5 years) after going to school 3 years straight with no substantial break!

Wow. I really meant to recap everything in 3 sentences max. I should have known better.

So what is everyone up to??
Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Last edited by mooloo; 07-18-2010 at 01:02 AM.
billy10388 is offline   Reply With Quote