Arrested!! - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 09-09-2004, 10:30 AM   #1
Minister of Offense

Send a message via AIM to omisan Send a message via Yahoo to omisan

So we had a company party at the new Irish pub by my work last night. Many beers, shots, and cocktails were consumed. Very little food. Lots of egging on to hit on the waitress. Needless to say, we were pretty wasted. After most of the party left, some of us remained. My boss and one co-worker decided it'd be a good idea to take over for the live band and do the singing...

I retired to the bar to chat up our now off-duty waitress and her friends. Me chatting people up: a sure sign that I should've stopped drinking hours ago. Turns out her friends were waitresses from the posh V-Bar at the hotel nearby.

Not figuring out that if the staff from V-Bar are down at this pub, my friends thought it'd be a good idea if we continued our drunken night there.

So off we went and got into the elevator at the hotel... where it got stuck between floors. Panic struck. We started screaming, banging on the walls, trying to pry the door open. All useless, of course, but we were hammered. There was this other guy in there with us who started tearing the elevator apart. Pulling the handrails out of the wall, shoving them through the slight crack of the door that was open... We kept screaming our heads off and freaking out.

I'm not sure how much longer it was, but they finally got the doors open and we had to climb out onto the next floor... Where the police were waiting.

Drunk in public. Property destruction. This was not a good ending to the night, no siree!

After getting our info, the cops decided we were nice, professional young men and chose not to cite us - as long as we go nowhere near cars. Yay! Not a problem. As for the other guy, they decided to book him and said, "You get to stay and figure out how you're going to pay for that elevator..." All I know is, it ain't cheap - this is the kind of place it is.

Glad we got off without the citation or getting booked... I think I'll be staying out of elevators for some time now. And maybe out of bars.

Find out @ http://omidabroad.blogspot.com

omisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:59 AM   #2
Yoda

haha! jesus! from the title of your post I was hoping I would get to see a mug shot.

Old 09-09-2004, 11:01 AM   #3
Backcountry Betty

Send a message via Yahoo to ScarlotteDorian

damn! sounds like an interesting night to say the least. at least there wasn't a pregnant lady in the elevator. then i wouldn't have believed you at all.

well, i know it must have sucked from your end because it happened to you, but from this end...that story was funny as hell!

glad you got out of the whole thing dude.

Lots of booze + pretty girls + broken elevator + cops =

people travel to wonder at the height of the mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long course of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars; and they pass by themselves without wondering. -St. Augustine
ScarlotteDorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:18 AM   #4
Minister of Offense

Nope, no mug shots, thankfully. Soooo glad we didn't get booked. I dunno which was scarier - being drunk & trapped in an elevator or seeing the cops waiting for us when we finally got out.

Old 09-09-2004, 11:20 AM   #5
Weasel Jones

forget the mug shot i wanted to see him in handcuffs!!
Old 09-09-2004, 11:21 AM   #6
Weasel Jones

Thumbs down

EDIT: forget the mug shot,

* hahaha!
Old 09-09-2004, 11:34 AM   #7
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to voyd Send a message via Yahoo to voyd
Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by joanofarc@Sep 9 2004, 06:21 PM
EDIT:* forget the mug shot,

* hahaha!
WHEW! Glad you fixed that. Cuz without that lil comma, I had NO IDEA WTH YOU WERE TRYING TO SAY, Joansy!!!

Perfectionist, are we?

I could have just edited it out for you, but I think I will just let it stand as a monument to your cute anal...ness.
voyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:55 AM   #8
Weasel Jones

Lightbulb

oh, how unfair - being as enamored as i am, i don't have strength to respond.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:00 PM   #9
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to voyd Send a message via Yahoo to voyd
Wink

^ Wasn't any type of insult, I thought it was tre cute! Especially how you put the "urgent" flag on it too! Tee heeee
voyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:06 PM   #10
Weasel Jones

yes! it worked - i pout a little, and i get a heart! awwww... me and voyd, sittin' in a tree...
Old 09-09-2004, 12:09 PM   #11
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to tecia

sorry but that was great!!
so are you going to Vegas

T & A rule!!!

tecia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:05 PM   #12
***** gear guru

Send a message via ICQ to kingcrazylegs Send a message via AIM to kingcrazylegs Send a message via MSN to kingcrazylegs Send a message via Yahoo to kingcrazylegs

Thats great! Getting stuck in an elevator sucks though! I gpt stuck in a tiny elevator once with 3 other people and they thought it would be funny to pin me up against the wall and tickle me while we waited to get rescued...not fun for me. Anyhow, your experience sounds a bit more funny

all that is not given is lost
kingcrazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:47 PM   #13
Minister of Offense

Tecia - I think I'll be going to Vegas, yeah. Just gotta make sure whatever hotel room is on a lower floor, as I will be sticking to staircases from now on

Actually, it was all pretty fun being stuck in there. We were mostly being drunk & obnoxious when we were freaking out and screaming for help... As for the other guy, I dunno what his deal was. When we came out of it, we were perfectly calm and told the cops we were stressed and feeling claustrophobic. (HA!) This was my 3rd time being trapped in one of these badboys, but I think I'm the only one who hasn't gotten trapped at our building at work. (We're on the 11th floor.)

Old 09-09-2004, 09:11 PM   #14
Backcountry Betty

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by kingcrazylegs@Sep 9 2004, 12:05 PM
Thats great!* Getting stuck in an elevator sucks though! I gpt stuck in a tiny elevator once with 3 other people and they thought it would be funny to pin me up against the wall and tickle me while we waited to get rescued...not fun for me.* Anyhow, your experience sounds a bit more funny
anyone else think that this story is really funny in a really weird way?

just picking on you as usual anthon...i can't help it.

people travel to wonder at the height of the mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long course of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars; and they pass by themselves without wondering. -St. Augustine
Old 09-09-2004, 10:01 PM   #15
Minister of Offense

I dunno, I think it's more f-ed up than funny. Then again, I'mincredibly ticklish and don't take to it kindly when gang-tickled. I'd be cappin some assses!

Old 09-10-2004, 08:26 AM   #16
***** gear guru

Send a message via ICQ to kingcrazylegs Send a message via AIM to kingcrazylegs Send a message via MSN to kingcrazylegs Send a message via Yahoo to kingcrazylegs

Quote:
I dunno, I think it's more f-ed up than funny. Then again, I'mincredibly ticklish and don't take to it kindly when gang-tickled. I'd be cappin some assses!
Thank you! That's exactly my sentiment on being tickle-tortured! Yeah, one of the 3 who attacked me in the elevator was my roommate at the time...that night when he fell asleep I pelted him with ice (frozen beer specificly)

Quote:
anyone else think that this story is really funny in a really weird way?*
Laugh it up fuzz ball! Oh, how many floors did you say the Hancock building is....lets just say that that will be an interesting elevator ride for you

Old 09-10-2004, 10:38 AM   #17
Backcountry Betty

Quote:
Originally posted by kingcrazylegs@Sep 10 2004, 07:26 AM
Laugh it up fuzz ball! Oh, how many floors did you say the Hancock building is....lets just say that that will be an interesting elevator ride for you*

oh don't worry...i'm going to sick my pink mohawked roommate on you. :P i told you, you'd be sleeping in his room...KIN--KY. and he's really weird too.

<-----this is you in about a week.

Mawwwhahahaha!!

Old 09-10-2004, 10:53 AM   #18
***** gear guru

Quote:
oh don't worry...i'm going to sick my pink mohawked roommate on you.* i told you, you'd be sleeping in his room...KIN--KY. and he's really weird too.

* <-----this is you in about a week.
I ain't scared! Mohawk boy can't protect you forever, besides he's about as docile as a dust-bunny. As far as the kinkiness going on in his room...i think he and the cat have that about covered. So don't you worry missy, you're gonna get it

Old 09-10-2004, 10:56 AM   #19
Backcountry Betty

Quote:
Originally posted by kingcrazylegs@Sep 10 2004, 09:53 AM
As far as the kinkiness going on in his room...i think he and the cat have that about covered.

oh i love when people go too far!

(note for everyone else: my roommate woke up one morning and his cat was humping his arm...he's all freaked out by the cat now)