I need Money Fast!!! - Page 3 - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 06-28-2005, 03:50 PM   #41
Yoda

Quote:
Originally posted by Spartan@Jun 28 2005, 02:47 AM
Any girl worth dating will be angry if you are broke, credit theft is no excuse for them either.
There are many creative ways to respond that this is NOT AT ALL true, but I think this is the best:

That's not at all true. In fact I would say that a girl who gets angry about that is someone NOT worth dating. B)

On the other hand, as a caterer, I need guys like you who assume shit like that to marry the high-maintenance bitchy girls who want the huge, money-wasting fantasy-cotton-candy-princess-for-a-day-bridezilla-gag-me-with-a-fucking-chainsaw-wedding. Job security.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:56 PM   #42
You want fries with that?

See, I had a poster of this:

And this:

(albeit far older than that, but similar)

and a giant "Corona Extra Presents Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band" banner (it was 4x8") over the bed.

I never had a problem....

As for the Dave Matthews, I learned how to play a bunch of his songs, and though I like his older stuff, I don't think id put a poster up...

"Steve is the prototypical cool American male. Y'know, I'm talking about Steve McGarrett, alright? Steve Austin, Steve McQueen. Y'know, he's the guy on his horse, the guy alone. He has his own code of honor, his own code of ethics, his own rules of living, man. He never, ever tries to impress the women but he always gets the girl."

Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:45 PM   #43
TP Ghost

Send a message via AIM to agriadam

Okay Joker I think that I am going to use your Methods... I said I can't cook but I lied I was in the food service industry for five years so I know a thing or two... though I need exact recipes.. the " a little of this a little of that" Recipes don't work to well for me. I think the Pasta salad idea is great. if you could give me more detailed instructions I would be in your debt... and the next time I'm in Baltimore (I think that is where you live) I'll wash your car

“Life is too short to spend it doing something you don't like... if your passion is selling surfboards by the sea, then that is where you should be.”
-My Dad

"Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of France, Mexico and the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonalds? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria's mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head? I know what I want. I want it all. I want to try everything once."
-Anthony Bourdain

“If you can imagine a man having a vasectomy without anesthetic to the sound of frantic sitar-playing, you will have some idea what popular Turkish music is like.”
-Bill Bryson

"The older I get the less likely I feel I will ever figure my life out... I think that might be okay though"
-Me
agriadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:47 PM   #44
TP Ghost

Oh Btw I got my New Discover card in the Mail Today so I'm "Loaded" Again but I think that like the Cheap Date Idea better

“Life is too short to spend it doing something you don't like... if your passion is selling surfboards by the sea, then that is where you should be.”
-My Dad

"Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of France, Mexico and the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonalds? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria's mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head? I know what I want. I want it all. I want to try everything once."
-Anthony Bourdain

“If you can imagine a man having a vasectomy without anesthetic to the sound of frantic sitar-playing, you will have some idea what popular Turkish music is like.”
-Bill Bryson

"The older I get the less likely I feel I will ever figure my life out... I think that might be okay though"
-Me
Old 06-29-2005, 10:15 PM   #45

Okay, as best as I can go for Pasta Salad....

1 lb fusilli pasta, cooked and chilled (cook off, and immediately run cold water over the drained pasta to chill.)
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 TBSP premade basil pesto mix (premade is easier, but I'll throw a recipe at the end.)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
4 TBSP sugar
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste.

Combine, chill, and enjoy.

You could purchase premade roasted peppers, and I'd suggest roasteds over raw peppers. Or, if you like, roast your own. method to follow.

Homemade Pesto-

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_v...ws/views/107030

Thats as close to my eyeball method as you could go, though I omit the salt and pepper from the recipe.

Roasting peppers--

Two ways- Cover pepper in olive oil, (enough to coat). Grill or hold pepper over open flame of gas stove until entire outside is charred black. Immediately put into plactic container, and seal with plastic wrap. What will happen is the heat from the pepper will steam the skin off.

Other method, in a 450 oven, cover the pepper in a little olive oil (enough to coat, and leave a small puddle of oil on the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking.)

Now, this is a little tricky. You want to keep an eye on the pepper, cause it could take more or less time. But with this, watch for the skin to blister entirely, then put into the sealable container.

After about 10-15 minutes in the sealed container, remove, and peel the skin off, remove the seeds, and cut according to your preference.

As for the chicken, cover in a Jerk Seasoning rub (I use RL Schreiber's blend, http://www.rlschreiber.com/cart/ShopProcess.asp but you can make your own rub if you like. do a jerk recipe search on epicurious.com for one.)

The best way to coat the chicken evenly without going atomic on the seasoning is to combine olive oil and the seasoning, 2-1 proporitions (oil to spice) and then grill off. Slice it thin. You may want to experiment with just coating the chicken dry, but you can potentially overspice.

For a sammich of jerked chicken, etc, I suggest monterey jack, roasted peppers, garlic aioli (recipe to follow, relax), and baby spinach on either a wrap, a good baguette, or ciabatta bread.

Garlic Aioli-

Combine 1 cup REAL mayonaisse (not the lite stuff) and 2 cloves of garlic in a food processor with 1 TBSP olive oil. Process until smooth. All an aioli is is a flavored mayo. So, treat it like mayo.

Jeebus, I hope you get laid! This is an awful lot to tax a cook's brain when he just got off a 12 hour shift! :D

"Steve is the prototypical cool American male. Y'know, I'm talking about Steve McGarrett, alright? Steve Austin, Steve McQueen. Y'know, he's the guy on his horse, the guy alone. He has his own code of honor, his own code of ethics, his own rules of living, man. He never, ever tries to impress the women but he always gets the girl."

Old 06-29-2005, 10:26 PM   #46
Yoda

That sounds great except for the aioli. Gak.

At least it's a right proper recipe for pesto. I hate the fuckers that put mayo in pesto to make it "creamy". Why? WHY????

Er, sorry for impinging my personal hatred of mayonnaise and anything resembling it onto your date dilemma, Adam.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:25 PM   #47
I'll rock your socks off

I substitute ranch for mayonaise and ketchup with and in everything. woot.
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."
-T.E. Lawrence, Seven Pillars of Wisdom

bellelass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 06:17 AM   #48
Assistant to the Manager

Send a message via MSN to IDDQD

Ketchup is a gift sent from Heaven

....And then it's just hilarious
IDDQD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 07:31 AM   #49
TP Ghost

Ketchup is an Instrument of the Devil

-My Dad

-Anthony Bourdain

-Bill Bryson

-Me
Old 06-30-2005, 08:40 PM   #50

SV, if you've ever had a REAL homemade mayonaise as opposed to that store bought crap with all its crappy preservatives... you may change your mind...

and to ruin this one for ya, Ceasar salad dressing is a flavored mayonaise. Its the same process for the most part at the beginning...

Anyway, I've never once heard of pesto including Mayo. There are various regional styles of pesto, the Andalucian is one of my favorites, and that has tomatoes and olives.

Add some cream, saute, and throw over pasta!

Old 06-30-2005, 10:14 PM   #51
Yoda

Quote:
Originally posted by Joker@Jul 1 2005, 03:39 AM
SV, if you've ever had a REAL homemade mayonaise as opposed to that store bought crap with all its crappy preservatives... you may change your mind...
Oh believe me, I have. Please, honey. I'm in The Industry, after all, and have dated more than one chef. My hatred and skill at avoiding mayonnaise is legendary. B)

Quote:
and to ruin this one for ya, Ceasar salad dressing is a flavored mayonaise. Its the same process for the most part at the beginning...
... see above response about being in The Industry. This is why I don't eat Caesar salad. Yes, I know I'm paranoid. No, I don't regret a single moment of it.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:52 AM   #52
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
high-maintenance bitchy girls who want the huge, money-wasting fantasy-cotton-candy-princess-for-a-day-bridezilla-gag-me-with-a-fucking-chainsaw-wedding.
SV.....I just love your use of the english languange.......

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

"The plural of anecdote is not data"
LiveFreeorDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 04:08 PM   #53
TP Ghost

UPDATE

Well Jennifer just left my house about an hour ago We went out last night around 5 I had Reservations at a comedy club for 6:30 so We got drinks and waited on the Comic.... Well when we were sat they put us in the Front row.... Not a good Idea for a first date but it did give us plenty of conversation for later in the night when the conversation would lull a little. Well the final act gets on stage and the first thing he says is "Whoa, we got a pretty little lady in the Front row tonight, what’s your name" She tells him "Jennifer" and he says " well I just wanted to put name with the face I'll be jerking off to in my hotel room later"... WOW!!!!.... Later on he decides to sing a song to me.... about being raped in Prison...hmmmm.... he then asks if we are married or just dating so I reply " we aren't married" he says "so how long have you been dating".... I was like "well not very long” He keeps pushing for info he's like "well what's not very long like 6 months three months". So I Say "well this is actually our first Date" the whole crowd applauds and the then leaves us alone for the rest of night other that a few small comments about wanting to eat Jennifer’s Chicken of the Sea...She was a great sport though and laughed her ass off.. Honestly I think that if she had been upset that would have been the end of the date right then, because a girl needs to have a good sense of humor.

After the show I get stopped by some screaming women in her forties coming up to say "OH MY GOD AREN'T YOU ANTHONY FEDEROV” for those who don't know he's the queer that came in 3rd place on the most recent installment of that crappy ass show American Idol. And I will be honest There is a strong resemblance
I just said "Christ" and walked away.

We then decide to just go get some drinks and appetizers at Applebee’s we stay their for a couple of hours and then head back to my place to pick up some rum to make pina coladas All goes well and today we drive all over town trying to find a Chinese Restaurant that was open, who new most Chinese place were closed on Monday?!?!?! Then we head back to my house for a swim for about three hours…

All in all I think that it was a great date and she is going to go camping this weekend with me and bunch of other people. So we’ll see what happens… oh and to top it all off: She love to Travel she has been to Japan and lived for a semester in Germany and her passion is to see the world WOO fuckin HOOO I hit the jackpot (and she looks good :thumbsup: )

Here are some pictures of us from last night. And yes my face looks fat in one of the pictures. It’s not easy taking pictures of yourselves....

PICTURE OF ANTHONEY FEDEROV for comparison purposes…..
|
|
V

No Proofreading but I’m sure that SV will find the errors for me

PS No sex....yet...

-My Dad

-Anthony Bourdain

-Bill Bryson

-Me
Old 07-04-2005, 04:16 PM   #54
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to benna2 Send a message via MSN to benna2 Send a message via Yahoo to benna2

That sounds like a great first date Adam!! She's a pretty girl too. And you know you DO look a hell of a lot like Anthony Federov.

Seriously though, awesome, sounds like you played it cool. Three hours of swimming is always a good thing.

And no sex on a first date is good. It means she wants you to...ummm whats that word....oh yeah RESPECT her!

Come visit me in the DR!
www.sosuavacationrentals.com
benna2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 04:16 PM   #55
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

well done mate...
Old 07-04-2005, 05:46 PM   #56

Send a message via AIM to xanthuos Send a message via MSN to xanthuos Send a message via Yahoo to xanthuos

Damn. She's hot.

Shall we duel over her? j/k
Old 07-05-2005, 11:45 AM   #57
Minister of Offense

Send a message via AIM to omisan Send a message via Yahoo to omisan

WOW!!!

You do look like that queer from American Idol.

Great first date, man. Now we all have something to aspire to in our romantic endeavors.

Find out @ http://omidabroad.blogspot.com

omisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:51 PM   #58
TP Ghost

By the way I only spent 45 dollars.

and Omid that queer looks like me not the other way around.

X you can't challenge someone to a duel without a white glove....hahahah that reminds me of a simpsons episode where homer goes around town saying to everyone "I challenge you to a duel" and then slaps them in the face with a work glove bwahahahaha

-My Dad

-Anthony Bourdain

-Bill Bryson

-Me
Old 07-05-2005, 04:06 PM   #59
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to bookofkels Send a message via Yahoo to bookofkels

Nice one, good to hear it went well

And you's do make a "cute" couple

And no sex on the first date........was that jennifers idea by the way!!!