Space Cakes - Page 2 - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 12-07-2005, 08:28 PM   #21
You want fries with that?

I prefer the Perc and a Budweiser method of sleeping on planes

But for the record, I just ate a couple cookies made by a coworker, and if they're good enough, they'll become my defacto snack in line at the airport prior to takeoff! :D

"Steve is the prototypical cool American male. Y'know, I'm talking about Steve McGarrett, alright? Steve Austin, Steve McQueen. Y'know, he's the guy on his horse, the guy alone. He has his own code of honor, his own code of ethics, his own rules of living, man. He never, ever tries to impress the women but he always gets the girl."

Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:50 PM   #22
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to LostFarmboy

Quote:
Originally posted by bellelass+Dec 7 2005, 03:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bellelass @ Dec 7 2005, 03:31 PM)</div>
Quote:
I would rather risk a week of sober insomnia than put vegemite on anything.
[snapback]91564[/snapback]
[/b]
That's crazy talk, I'll pretend i didn't hear that.

<!--QuoteBegin-bookofkels
@Dec 7 2005, 05:58 PM
First things first, vegemite is like Marmite * well hell now i get why people don't like it, it's just nasty!
[snapback]91585[/snapback]
Vegemite is nothing like marmite. That's like saying a ferrari is like a datsun....they just don't compare.

Now, about sleeping on planes, I would suggest going out and having a huge night on the piss and not getting any sleep the night before your flight, it'll work like magic. I had a 22 hr bus trip after a massive night when i was in Brazil, the hangover and no sleep allowed me to sleep for the entire ride, it was the best!!!
Old 12-07-2005, 11:26 PM   #23
Admin

Well, you know what they say...If you want to fall asleep, read the Bible .

Vegemite. Where in California can one buy this?
travelpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:42 PM   #24
Don't cut the red wire...

Send a message via MSN to The Monsignor Send a message via Yahoo to The Monsignor

I recommend a combination of some of these suggestions..

Space Cakes prior to departure (I'm not so sure about post departure, though... definitely they need to be entirely gone before you hit another airport, period)

Ambien and a cocktail mid-flight...

That Ambien rocked on my flight back from Kuwait... one for the leg to Shannon Ireland, one to JFK and one to Seattle... the first one had me out mid-sentence, even!

I don't recommend flying hung-over, though... it's crappy enough to begin with, and who needs to get sick at the beginning of a trip!

Make war, not love! It's safer!

The Monsignor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 12:05 AM   #25

I flew an early morning flight outta BWI to Kansas City once on a Tequila hangover.

Well, let me halfway between BWI and Pittsburgh for the connector, I sobered and was immersed into the depths of a hangover that knew no equal. The events of the previous night stopped around 9PM in my mind, but God only knows that if I was that drunk in the morning, then i must have blacked out and continued drinking for at least 2 if not 3 more hours. I was on a bender and determined to find out how much I could possibly drink in such a short time.

Somehow, some way, I have an hour to kill between Pittsburgh and the departure of my predestined flight to Kansas City, home of barbecue and whatnot. Oh, did I mention that I was late to the airport and missed my original flight because I overslept?

So now, the bars were closed in this ungodly hour in the foul year of our Lord. It was early, maybe 9AM. What the hell can I do to kill the pain?! Advil? Took 5 already. Wish I had some industrial strength stuff. Percocet and a cup of coffee to open the blood veins up and knock out the dolor in mi cabeza.

AH! McDonalds, thy foul grease-laden "Breakfast Sandwiches!!" My Salvation!!!

I believe I ordered two whole Egg McMuffin meals, with coffee on one and a coke, supersized on the other. The grease! oh lordy! Grease to kill the hangover!!

It did. The hot grease injection was what the Good Doktor had ordered! My shrieks from the violent throes of this Hades-sent hangover of exorbitant levels of nausea was settled by the bowel-shattering effect of the stuff we sent to conquer the Soviets on their own turf! With nary a bullet shot! Cept the one through the Moscow sewer system! No wonder the bastards gave up. Perhaps, somewhere in Gorbachev's Kremlin office, he was telling Boris Yeltsin- "Dear God, Comrade! These Americans survived dropped the Bomb once, and they eat this shit? These are some heartless, tasteless motherfuckers! No telling what they'd do if they really attacked!"

Or something like that. Anyway, the grease, the fluids, eventually somewhere after I landed in Kansas City, Missouri (not Missor-a.), and the hour drive to my destination in Kansas, my hangover subsideds. This wasn't howerer, until I spent a morning and afternoon listening to speakers on a business trip. At ear-splitting

5:30 PM: Hotel bar. Tanqueray and Tonic. Bye Bye Hangover for good. Let's get a jump on the evening!

Anyway, the moral of the story:

Don't EVER fly on a hangover.

"Steve is the prototypical cool American male. Y'know, I'm talking about Steve McGarrett, alright? Steve Austin, Steve McQueen. Y'know, he's the guy on his horse, the guy alone. He has his own code of honor, his own code of ethics, his own rules of living, man. He never, ever tries to impress the women but he always gets the girl."

Old 12-08-2005, 02:20 AM   #26
Minister of Offense

Send a message via AIM to omisan Send a message via Yahoo to omisan

6 of my 9 flights on this last trip were performed either hung over or still drunk... Other than Ambien, it's about the only way I can fall asleep on a plane, but let me tell ya - it was miserable sleep. Any form of dehydration on a plane is just bad news. Couple that with sinus pressure and it's just piling misery upon misery... My weapons of choice now on planes are boring movies, boring books, and shitloads of water. And Ambien when I have it. Anything else may work, but I wind up miserable afterward.

The other key to falling asleep on an airplane is sensory deprivation. I'll look like a tool and put on a sleeping mask. I'll be annoying and put earplugs in, and THEN put my headphones on over them at full blast. That way everything is drowned out, but I still get a bit of rhythm from the music to put me out. Then I wash down my pill with half a litre of water. You should try to drink at least 2L on longhaul flights to stay properly hydrated - it does wonders for being able to rest.

Find out @ http://omidabroad.blogspot.com

omisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 01:46 PM   #27
Weasel Jones

yeah, on the way to egypt we have a shit load of connections and just plain crap i'd like to brownie away from. i was thinking about taking some with me too.

SERIOUS QUESTION
where can you get a decent brownie in amsterdam?? i mean a real potent one. i've tried two different "space cakes" over there to no avail.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:10 PM   #28
Minister of Offense

Since space cakes are technically illegal to sell there, there's no control over them, nor any consistency... Best bet is to just ask around the hostel who has the best ones.

Old 12-08-2005, 04:00 PM   #29
Weasel Jones

^ hey, are you back already?
Old 12-08-2005, 04:27 PM   #30
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

It's good to have you back omi! We missed you like hell bro.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:29 PM   #31
Weasel Jones

well, do we even know if he's actually back?
Old 12-08-2005, 08:56 PM   #32
Minister of Offense

Yeah, I'm back... I couldn't do much but update my own thread from down under - Internet access cost as much as $10 an hour in some places! Yeesh...

Old 12-08-2005, 10:17 PM   #33

wow. i just read my previous post... thems were some potent cookies! I sounded like HST! :D

Old 12-11-2005, 12:30 AM   #34
Members

Send a message via MSN to chelseafc05

^ fuckin pisser

Where ive been: Cộng Hòa Xã Hội Chủ Nghĩa Việt , Preăh Réachéanachâkr Kâmpŭchea, Bundesrepublik Deutschland, Česká republika, Slovenská republika, Magyar Köztársaság, Republika Slovenija, Republika Hrvatska, Bosna i Hercegovina, Republika Srbija, Republika Balgariya, Türkiye Cumhuriyeti, România, Rzeczpospolita Polska, Lietuvos Respublika, Latvijas Republika, Eesti Vabariik, Republiken Finland

MY NAME IS
Daniel
chelseafc05 is offline   Reply With Quote