Ahhhh!!! - Page 2 - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 02-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #21
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to SuDz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ßeta View Post
Is your dad Frank Costello? (for those who have seen The Departed)

I just got a copy of that from someone here at work, I gotta check it out this weekend.

SuDZ
Rozza > yeah
Rozza > that should be your sig
SuDz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 12:29 PM   #22
TPunk Emeritus

Really good movie... I hope your dad isn't Frank though...
Been to: Argentina, Chile, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt. Greece, Turkey, England, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Belgium, USA, Mexico, Spain, Monaco, Czech Republic, Ireland and Uruguay.

Next trip: Still pondering the possibilities for January 2009... * OH THE MYSTERY!! *

The travel bug is insatiable
florencia9699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:13 PM   #23
Certified Wise

The departed was the best movie I've seen for a long time. It'll blow you away I promise.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:54 PM   #24
Don't cut the red wire...

Send a message via MSN to The Monsignor Send a message via Yahoo to The Monsignor

Quote:
Originally Posted by florencia9699 View Post
Wow! Congratulations... I STILL don't have my DL yet.. and I'm 22!!!

But great for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelfastFlyer View Post
I'm 27 and don't have mine!

Congrats!
No offense guys, getting your driver's license isn't quite the same rite of passage that it is in the U.S. - there's no shame in not driving there...

Congrats Julia!! You'll do just fine, remember - steer into the skid!!!

Make war, not love! It's safer!

The Monsignor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:11 AM   #25

My best friend is in The Departed. He had a small role, but he wasn't just an extra. It was a very cool experience for him. It's an awesome film for those who haven't seen it.

My friend is on the laptop with the white shirt and tie:

BTW: Congrats Julia on getting your license. I remember how excited I was when I finally had mine (oh so many years ago).
Old 02-16-2007, 05:19 PM   #26
Mod

Send a message via MSN to aliz

i just realised that I'll be able to get my full license in october (In australia they make you have a provisional license for YEARS).. that means.. that I will be able to supervise learner drivers... muahahahaha... there has to be something wrong with a system that allows me to do that... but i'm not complaining
Old 02-16-2007, 06:30 PM   #27

Send a message via MSN to The Monsignor Send a message via Yahoo to The Monsignor

Actually, a provisional licensing system would be a great thing here in America (now that I have already had my license for years). We have plenty of issues with kids getting killed lately in car accidents around here - graduated licenses would be a good solution...

Old 02-16-2007, 10:32 PM   #28
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Send a message via AIM to juliagulia Send a message via MSN to juliagulia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monsignor View Post
Actually, a provisional licensing system would be a great thing here in America (now that I have already had my license for years). We have plenty of issues with kids getting killed lately in car accidents around here - graduated licenses would be a good solution...
That's actually what we have here. But it's a month type thing.

Once you have your provisional's, you can drive anywhere from 6 AM - 12 AM. There are a couple of exceptions, though. You also can't have any moving violations for 18 months.

If you're under 18, you can't have any minors in the car who aren't siblings unless there's an adult who's had a license for a certain amount of time. I think that's 180 days.

Anyway. I broke pretty much all those rules today, except for the moving violation part. Got home at 1 AM 'cause I got lost coming home from the mall. It was... insane

I've been dubbed "Woodlawn", because everytime I get lost, I get somewhere around there (and it's no where near my house...).

Living In: Belfast, Northern Ireland

Next up!

Poland (February!)
juliagulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:41 PM   #29
You want fries with that?

Woodlawn? No shit its nowhere near Laurel/Savage!!!

Hell, even I stay outta Woodlawn, and I have to drive down MLK every day for work! :eek:

"Steve is the prototypical cool American male. Y'know, I'm talking about Steve McGarrett, alright? Steve Austin, Steve McQueen. Y'know, he's the guy on his horse, the guy alone. He has his own code of honor, his own code of ethics, his own rules of living, man. He never, ever tries to impress the women but he always gets the girl."

Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 12:02 AM   #30
Yoda

Congrats on getting the license! <-- or something like that.

I've wanted to see The Departed for a long time, ever since I saw Infernal Affairs a few years ago and found out that there would be an American remake of it. What I mean is: The Departed is a remake of the Hong Kong movie Infernal Affairs that came out about 10 years ago, and it's worth watching if you can find it.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:26 AM   #31
TPunk Emeritus

Congrats! yah I still gotta get my license. i'm 24 and really I get razzed about it all the time. It annoys be so much. I think I'll get a license when I get a good job and i;m able to afford an actual car!
I have been to: Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, New Zealand , Australia, Fiji, Costa Rica, United States, England, Ireland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland , France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Vatican, Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Panama, Colombia, Mexico, India, Nepal.

Where to Next? Iceland!
Diorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:46 AM   #32

Frankly, where you live in the city, you really don't need a car - you can get around just fine without the hassle of finding parking etc.

You should still get a license, just in case, though - you non-driver you!

Old 02-17-2007, 12:09 PM   #33
TPunk Recognized

Congrats chica! I love your story! I can´t totally remember my story, but I do remember my guy (a football coach who HAD to teach something-Driver´s Ed- in my highschool, just so he could coach) kept stomping on his break really hard while I was reversing out of a parking spot...and I remember thinking to myself "wtf? I didn´t do anything! Can I just drive, please?"

Good luck in the snow. Remember, give yourself tons of space (more than you think) between you and the car in front of you. AND, allow plenty of time to slow down when approaching stops. (I had a chance to "learn" these tips when I was about 19. )

Suerte!

Sabrosa

The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by Sabrosa; 02-17-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Sabrosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 03:45 PM   #34
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Send a message via AIM to juliagulia Send a message via MSN to juliagulia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrosa View Post
(I had a chance to "learn" these tips when I was about 19. )
Sabrosa
Yeaaaah, I've "learned" plenty of lessons through my sister, mostly... Like how to get out of an icy ditch when you're alone, without hardly getting out the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Woodlawn? No shit its nowhere near Laurel/Savage!!!

Hell, even I stay outta Woodlawn, and I have to drive down MLK every day for work! :eek:
Haha yeaaaaaah, it was pretty bad. I reached the end of 70 west, because I went down the wrong way on 29 and was trying to turn around. It was pretty bad.

The mall is quite literally a straight shot to my house, and I ended up in B-more county

Living In: Belfast, Northern Ireland

Next up!

Poland (February!)
juliagulia is offline   Reply With Quote