Friday night fight - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2005, 01:45 PM   #1
T-PUNK VICE ADMIRAL

Send a message via AIM to foofiter Send a message via MSN to foofiter Send a message via Yahoo to foofiter Send a message via Skype™ to foofiter
Smile

Here is a new one for ya. And I am not just talking about my avatar.

Last night I went out with my gf and a couple freinds. We play pool, drinks, etc. We next go to a club in Midtown and continue with drinks and live music. I proceed to get angry with my gf for some comment she made. I end up walking back to the car and wating on everyone. A hour or so later my gf and I are sitting on top of the trunk of the car and my buddy's gf walks out. He has been arrested and taken the the hospital.

He got into a fight that he did not start. Apparently, some guy was hitting on his girl and they were both calmly telling him to back off. My friend is VERY drunk at this point in time and falls, knocking over a standing floor lamp. A group of people start kicking and punching him thinking that a fight has started. He gets up swinging and ends up hitting the owner of the place who is trying to stop the fight. His gf explains this to the cops and the owner what happened. The owner doesn't press charges. The cops, however, charged him with disorderly conduct (not so bad...). So we head down the the jail to see if we can find out how long it will take.

The cop on duty was very nice and helpful and informs us that he won't be out of the ER until morning. He is not badly injured just bruises and needs 3 stitches on his eyebrow. He has to sober up before they can do anything so he has to sit there for a long time. He gets treated and sent to jail this morning. His gf bails him out ($1200) and he finally gets home an hour ago (2:30pm EST).

Had I been there I would have mostly likely been involved in the fight. It is NOT cool to kick someone in a fight on the ground. Especially when its like 5 on 1. They just assumed he was fighting and jumped on him. Bastards.

Good Times.

Foo

"Eat healthy, exercise daily, die anyway" -- My motto
"Everyone I know, goes away, in the end...I will let you down, I will make you hurt..." -- Johnny Cash (NIN Cover of "Hurt")

I am traveling around the world until I find something that makes me want to stop. I am an aspiring photographer and hope to find whatever it is I am looking for...
foofiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 02:26 PM   #2
Members

GAW I hate people like that!

Just be happy hes alive.

This club I used to go to there was a killing about a month ago. it was over an icecube,

This poor guys girl friend toss's an icecube at her friend, it bounces off the girl and hits the guy from Toronto. The gy from Toronoto (who was actually at the club for an audition to be a DJ) walks up to the guy and slits his throat. The guy looks down and says "Wheres all this blood coming from? I am not cut am I?" Then he fell to the floor dead. The guy took off with his friend and headed back to Toronto.

The Girlfriend is in a pyschiatric hospital now.

The Dj is in jail and a young football player is dead. All because of an icecube.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:31 PM   #3
Yoda

Good lord, that's a horrible story. Actually they're both pretty terrible. I've seen a couple of fights erupt, one of them right in front of me, and fortunately my reflexes are pretty fine-tuned from growing up around too many boys but a friend of mine, the dipshit, just stood there with her mouth agape. I had to literally yank her by the scruff of the neck out of the way before she got socked in the jaw.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:50 PM   #4
Members

Shit those are some nasty stories, specially the ice-cube one!! But sorry to hear about your mate foofiter, that blows!

Hold up, this could be a whole new topic of discussion!!

What's everyones worst fight stories??

I heard of one in Australia where a guy got stabbed in the head for staring at a roid-ragers girlfriend. Turns out the poor fella had a lazy eye and was just talkin innocently to his mate!! Farkin Roid-Ragers!!
Old 07-24-2005, 10:16 PM   #5
TP Ghost

Send a message via AIM to agriadam

hey rob soryy I geuss that I souda posted on this a couple of days ago but... dud that fuckin suckksss...... add to that " Jail fucking sucks" and Qwardian WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU LIVE? and after that MOVE slit throte(ummm yeah can't spell at the mo') over a friggin cub o' ice damn what a self consiouse basterd...... I feel sorry for all parties involved except for the guy doin time.... send him to texas....they'll fry him there for sure

“Life is too short to spend it doing something you don't like... if your passion is selling surfboards by the sea, then that is where you should be.”
-My Dad

"Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of France, Mexico and the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonalds? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria's mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head? I know what I want. I want it all. I want to try everything once."
-Anthony Bourdain

“If you can imagine a man having a vasectomy without anesthetic to the sound of frantic sitar-playing, you will have some idea what popular Turkish music is like.”
-Bill Bryson

"The older I get the less likely I feel I will ever figure my life out... I think that might be okay though"
-Me
agriadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 02:01 AM   #6
Minister of Offense

Send a message via AIM to omisan Send a message via Yahoo to omisan

Nothing like being outside a club when a shooting rampage starts inside.

(ghetto-ass Florentine Gardens, Los Angeles, 1992)

Crap, I'm old.. not THAT old, though - I wasn't inside because I was 17 and they wouldn't accept my university ID as proof that I was 18... "C'mon, man, you don't think a 17 year-old would be in college and have a credit card, would you?" I'm glad I didn't get in.

Find out @ http://omidabroad.blogspot.com

omisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 02:59 AM   #7
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to bluepea

That sucks for your friend foo. I'm not exactly real knowledgeable on the whole judicial system, so will they get the bail money back? Is he being charged/fined?

That was a horrible story Qwardian! God. People are idiots.

I've been involved in two bar fights, one started by one of my girlfriends (but the bitch she punched so had it coming as she'd been harassing my friend all night - the story involves us being chased out of the bar by literally, the whole bar) and then one that didn't get too physical, just involved me throwing my beer in some womans face after she pushed me and then people jumped in and separated us.

I grew up in rural hicktown WI. The bar we party(ied) at (which is really so much fun) there are fights all the time. Hasn't been a stabbing in awhile though! Mother in law is a bartender (at a different bar) and got to be involved in the subduing of a man who pulled a gun on another man. Ya gotta love small towns. People think the inner city is dangerous...

:greenguy:

PS Adam - had anything to drink?

Have some general questions such as whether or not to get a rail pass or how much money you'll need? Visit here!

First time travelers/travelers with a lot of questions - this forum is for you![b]
bluepea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 04:09 AM   #8
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by FunkyAssassin@Jul 25 2005, 02:49 AM
I heard of one in Australia where a guy got stabbed in the head for staring at a roid-ragers girlfriend...Farkin Roid-Ragers!!*
What's a "roid-rager"?

worldwidemike
worldwidemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:55 AM   #9
Members

A Roid-Rager is one of those people that uses steroids, they have huge rippling muscles, and they usually have to walk sideways through doors...
Roid-Raging is a side effect of the steroids, and it basically makes them flip out and go bezerk over nothing.
I'm not speaking through personal experience of course, but I have seen it happen a few times....

Jeez I keep good company......
Old 07-27-2005, 08:42 AM   #10
Members

Send a message via AIM to over0125

Why fight in a bar? Bring that shit outside and have a real fight. At least that way it is going to be one on one, and there aren't those pesky beer bottles that I love so much to have broken on my head. I was at this bar and a girl came up and started a conversation with me. All of a sudden this guy smashes a beer bottle on my head. At that point you have to retaliate so I grabbed his throat and gave a light squeeze. He dropped like a brick. I do not promote this, but after have a bottle smashed on your head, what are you supposed to do?
over0125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 09:28 AM   #11
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via Skype™ to MeTurk

There's lots of fights in my home town there used to be rules like one on one and no weapons but that's all gone these days. There's kicking while on the ground and all the friends jump in. Recently some Brazilians moved into town and they don't take any shit, glases go flying straight away. they kinda panic because their surrounded by locals who are violent fuckers.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:26 AM   #12
Yoda

Quote:
Originally posted by FunkyAssassin@Jul 25 2005, 11:54 AM
Roid-Raging is a side effect of the steroids, and it basically makes them flip out and go bezerk over nothing.* * * *
There was a South Park episode about that where Jimmy flips out and beats up his girlfriend. And his mom. It was just on the other day and made me laugh my ass off.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:50 PM   #13
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to SuDz

Quote:
Originally posted by FunkyAssassin@Jul 24 2005, 09:49 PM
Hold up, this could be a whole new topic of discussion!!

What's everyones worst fight stories??
I have been in lots of fights over the years. I don't start them (honestly...) but trouble has a way of finding me sometimes so I have been in plenty of them. One that I wasn't involved in but was intresting was this:

One time we were in my town and looking to head into my regular bar when a kid came flying through the front window. Glass everywhere and people yelling, kid laying on the street bleeding crazy stuff. I guess it was over a pool game that they wouldn't pony up the money for a lost bet.

It's a tough city on its own but I have always been more worried about kinds from the burbs than the city. In the city most of the kids there know that if you go after someone, there are consequences. They have people that are coming for you and your friends so you think twice before acting. The kids from the burbs however grew up different and are more likely to tough guy it because you rough someone up out there and that is kind of it, also burb kids talk more than have action. This may vary from place to place though, not sure.

SuDZ
Rozza > yeah
Rozza > that should be your sig
SuDz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:58 PM   #14
Members

Quote:
Originally posted by SuDz@Jul 28 2005, 06:49 AM

One time we were in my town and looking to head into my regular bar when a kid came flying through the front window.

It's a tough city on its own but I have always been more worried about kinds from the burbs than the city.
Damn what town is that? Sounds a bit rough.....
Old 07-28-2005, 10:30 AM   #15
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to SuDz

Quote:
Originally posted by FunkyAssassin+Jul 28 2005, 12:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FunkyAssassin @ Jul 28 2005, 12:57 AM)</div>
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-SuDz
Quote:
@Jul 28 2005, 06:49 AM

One time we were in my town and looking to head into my regular bar when a kid came flying through the front window.

It's a tough city on its own but I have always been more worried about kinds from the burbs than the city.
Damn what town is that? Sounds a bit rough..... [/b]
Lowell, Massachusetts. Home of the brave hehe.

Like I said, if your smart your fine but like any place there are still the gangs, the violence, drugs, prostitution and the regular goons. I mean. if you wanted to keep your nose clean you can but there are always going to be problems that you can find if you want.

It was funny in the paper recently because they were celebrating how long it has been since a murder. I think it was like a year or so. My father joked, "Yeah... they're just stashing the bodies over the town lines now".

SuDZ
Rozza > yeah
Rozza > that should be your sig
SuDz is offline   Reply With Quote