Totally random things I've learnt with these Olympics:
1) Eritrea is a country south of Sudan, north of Ethiopia, by the Red Sea
2) China is like Disney Fantasia (totally trivial stupid comment, but I liked Maracle's #2)
3) Divers are hot (specialy that guy from Colombia)
4) That through sport you can make great friends from countries all over the world no matter if you have to compete against them at some point for an olympic gold medal. I loved how Messi hugged Ronaldinho after Brazil lost, or how Curuchet, from the ARG team that won gold on Men's Madison -cycling- greeted the Belgium guy who they usually meet on every race all over the world, while they where running)
5) That one doesnt need sponsors and millions and millions of dollars to make a huge effort and make your country so damned proud (although the money would help.. some have to face great impossibilities and still make it to the top).
6) China's beautiful! and so is it's culture and history
7) Watching the Innauguration ceremony it made me think... there's nothing men can't do... Have you seen those thousands of men doing precicely the same thing at precisely the same time??
Been to: Argentina, Chile, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt. Greece, Turkey, England, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Belgium, USA, Mexico, Spain, Monaco, Czech Republic, Ireland and Uruguay.
Next trip: Still pondering the possibilities for January 2009... * OH THE MYSTERY!! *
The travel bug is insatiable
Last edited by florencia9699; 08-26-2008 at 01:56 PM.