so i just got my wisdom teeth out - Page 3 - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2006, 07:55 PM   #41
always trippin'

Actually you're not that much of a mutant, SuDz...my ex didn't have any wisdom teeth at all.

Check out my band!
freespiritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:59 PM   #42
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to SuDz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(freespiritz @ Aug 8 2006, 09:55 PM) [snapback]134234[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Actually you're not that much of a mutant, SuDz...my ex didn't have any wisdom teeth at all.
[/b]

He is like... an ALPHA mutant.

SuDZ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goyincognito @ Aug 8 2006, 09:54 PM) [snapback]134233[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Either that or you're not nearly as wise as me.

Which is more likely. hehe :P
[/b]

You again? I thought we sent you to the great white north. It took me a year to get net access at home, you get it wherever you go in like ten minutes.

SuDZ
Rozza > yeah
Rozza > that should be your sig
SuDz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:50 PM   #43
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to benna2 Send a message via MSN to benna2 Send a message via Yahoo to benna2

I got all of my wisdom teeth taken out and it was no sweat at all. My mouth was a little sore, but nothing to cry about.

I went to a hockey game to cheer on the local team that night actually. Not loudly of course, but I was still there!

Come visit me in the DR!
www.sosuavacationrentals.com
benna2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:54 PM   #44
Don't cut the red wire...

Send a message via MSN to The Monsignor Send a message via Yahoo to The Monsignor

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(freespiritz @ Aug 7 2006, 07:47 AM) [snapback]133994[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
You're welcome
I probably shouldn't keep going with graphic descriptions eh. But my dentist did happily show me my bloody (pieces of) teeth after I was done...

And The Monsignor, I guess you just have...really strong teeth! 2 and a half hours (on one tooth?!), I salute you. Didn't the anasthesia wear off, did he have to keep jabbing you?
[/b]
sorry, all four took that long, but one of them required the double-jointed chinese prostitute...

I'm sure a lot of it depends on the dentist, as well... I've had some that get in there, and just ham-hand their way through my mouth, and recovery takes forever. I've had others that were pretty darned good and I was fine when the anaesthesia wore off!

no problem with dry socket, either, but I religiously followed the dentist's instructions afterwards.

All my wisdom teeth except one were healthy, just in the way is all...

Make war, not love! It's safer!

The Monsignor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:01 AM   #45
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
Yeah, but your from NH. Every couple years is like, par for the course.

SuDZ
[/b]
Good one...Somehow I missed this!!

That may be true, but it's likely I could speak better English with no teeth than you do with all of yours. And watch your head Sudz, I wouldn't want any of those big-dig ceiling panels cracking your skull.

Freespiritz - glad to hear you are on the mend. Just drink a lot of tomato juice and you won't notice the bloody taste in your mouth.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

"The plural of anecdote is not data"
LiveFreeorDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:12 AM   #46
TPunk Recognized

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LiveFreeorDie @ Aug 9 2006, 10:01 AM) [snapback]134299[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
That may be true, but it's likely I could speak better English with no teeth than you do with all of yours. [/b]
Well, yeah you gotta give me some credit, in Massachusetts when you call a company they tell you "For English, press 2."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LiveFreeorDie @ Aug 9 2006, 10:01 AM) [snapback]134299[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
And watch your head Sudz, I wouldn't want any of those big-dig ceiling panels cracking your skull. [/b]

Yeah, the cabbies were making a killing on that for a couple weeks. They were refusing to go through the tunnels unless you gave them a bribe basically. They still won't be open for another couple months I bet, which is great for me since I have to get my cousin from Logan tonight for her visit.

SuDZ
Rozza > yeah
Old 08-09-2006, 08:28 AM   #47
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to goyincognito Send a message via MSN to goyincognito

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuDz @ Aug 9 2006, 05:59 AM) [snapback]134243[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
You again? I thought we sent you to the great white north. It took me a year to get net access at home, you get it wherever you go in like ten minutes.

SuDZ
[/b]
You cannot escape. MWahahahahaha!

could you really live without me though?
Old 08-09-2006, 08:51 AM   #48
TPunk Recognized

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goyincognito @ Aug 9 2006, 11:28 AM) [snapback]134313[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
could you really live without me though?
[/b]
Is that a question you really want answered? hehe. i guess we will want you to stick around here for anotehr little while at least though I need someone to talk to online when i am supposed to be working.

SuDZ
Rozza > yeah
Old 08-09-2006, 10:38 AM   #49
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to goyincognito Send a message via MSN to goyincognito

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuDz @ Aug 9 2006, 05:51 PM) [snapback]134316[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Is that a question you really want answered? hehe. i guess we will want you to stick around here for anotehr little while at least though I need someone to talk to online when i am supposed to be working.

SuDZ
[/b]
Just keep fronting it off...I still remember you confessing your love for me. :D
Old 08-09-2006, 12:14 PM   #50
TPunk Recognized

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goyincognito @ Aug 9 2006, 01:38 PM) [snapback]134331[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Just keep fronting it off...I still remember you confessing your love for me. :D
[/b]
Hey, what happens in those XXX chat rooms are between me and you!

SuDZ
Rozza > yeah
Old 08-14-2006, 10:11 AM   #51
always trippin'

What's all this XXX chatroom goodness happening without me? Oy. :P

Anyhow, I got my stitches out today. I was just prodding my gums with a toothpick and guess what, I found a stitch that my dentist had left in, hidden beneath some unnamed gunk. I couldn't have been assed to take the five-minute walk to the clinic for the fourth time in three weeks, so I snipped and yanked it out myself. Yep, getting in touch with my inner dentist.

Check out my band!
Old 08-14-2006, 10:54 AM   #52
TPunk Recognized

They didn't do the ones that just dissapear by themselves? The ones they used for me just deteriorate after a week or so on their own.

SuDZ
Rozza > yeah
Old 08-14-2006, 09:00 PM   #53
always trippin'

No, my dentist didn't use the reabsorbable stitches - I was hoping he would, because the entire reason I couldn't go diving was because I had to get my stitches taken out in a one-minute procedure. *sigh* Oh well.

Check out my band!
Old 08-15-2006, 08:09 AM   #54
Don't cut the red wire...

Send a message via MSN to The Monsignor Send a message via Yahoo to The Monsignor

Now you realize, of course, that with all the effort involved, and the fact you had to finish the procedure yourself, you coulda gone diving anyhow!

Make war, not love! It's safer!

The Monsignor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:35 AM   #55
TPunk Recognized

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Monsignor @ Aug 15 2006, 11:09 AM) [snapback]134938[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Now you realize, of course, that with all the effort involved, and the fact you had to finish the procedure yourself, you coulda gone diving anyhow!
[/b]
Ouch. That just rubs it in. hehe.

SuDZ
Rozza > yeah
Old 08-15-2006, 08:53 AM   #56
always trippin'

Way to rub it in! :P

But I'm okay with it. Not diving, that is. I'm tighter on time than I'd like to admit - but I'd like to believe I can live with perpetual crazy never-ending activity and motion with my super-traveler capacities...

Check out my band!
Old 08-15-2006, 09:03 PM   #57
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

glad you are doing fantabulous babe!
Old 08-16-2006, 10:49 AM   #58
Members

Send a message via AIM to DJ_VeeeNoM Send a message via MSN to DJ_VeeeNoM Send a message via Yahoo to DJ_VeeeNoM

((( Don't Give Up by Pralay ))) :greenguy:
I once heard that drinking brandy or Ruhm helps to calm the pain!
I've tried it but between the passing out and other stuff I really didn't keep track of the pain. Another good reason to drink :D :greenguy:
Old 08-24-2006, 10:04 AM   #59
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to BigE Send a message via Yahoo to BigE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(freespiritz @ Aug 7 2006, 10:23 AM) [snapback]133988[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Well...it hasn't been horrific so far. I'm not bothering with painkillers (I'm generally a stubborn brat and never take medicine if I can help it. :P)

I had to cut through the gums for one tooth (impacted), and drill it into several pieces before it could be removed. That took about 30 minutes. The one that was growing out regularly took about 30 seconds to pull out of my head with forceps. Haha. So if you're lucky you get a straightforward, quick procedure.

Since I hear all these stories of quick recovery, hopefully I'll be able to paint the town red tomorrow...
[/b]
When I had my wisdom teeth taken out, I took a bus from Boston, where I was going to college, to Hyannis, which was near where I lived. Then I took a cab from the Bus stop to the oral surgeon. They put me under, pulled out all 4 wisdom teeth, I woke up with blood all over me. I tried to get up to go back to Boston but the nurse held me down and said I had to wait 45 minutes. They go-carted me to another room and gave me prescriptions for pain killers and anti-biotics. I got a cab to the bus, took the bus back to Boston, the subway or "T" back to school, went to CVS and got my prescriptions. Never took a pain killer, but I did take my anti-biotics. I joined my friends at the Pub that night. It was fun showing everyone the holes in my mouth. It wasn't all that bad.

"An oppressive government is more to be feared than a tiger, or a beer."
-Confucius

Somewhere in England (maybe) - Spring (TBA)
Israel - Summer (TBA)
BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:15 AM   #60
Members

Send a message via MSN to petalbear Send a message via Skype™ to petalbear

Hey. I didn't hear about this! Anyways,I have been living on an island for a while now. Boy, that must hurt heaps. I had mine pulled out 3 years ago. I got infected first then I went in for surgery. Didn't take very long, didn't hurt very much too. I generally hate my visits to the dentist so this was a big thing for me to do. My first tooth was a trauma but thats another story..
petalbear is offline   Reply With Quote