Hi everyone. I need to get a smaller pack for my rtw trip. So I am selling my like new Mountain Equipment Co op Walkabout Travel pack for $80.00 + shipping. It was used on a one week trip to the New england states. It is in like new condition. The pack is comfortable and very adjustable it just turned out to be larger than what I need. The pack features a zip off day pack and stow away harness system. It converts from a backpack to a suitcase for ease of transport to and from vehicles or in airports. It is extremely rugged and built like a tank. The zippers on both the daypack and the main pack are lockable. The pack is 64 Liters which is 3900 cubic inches. The color is navy blue. The pack is listed on ebay for sale you can go to the listing HERE.
You can email me at Fallenleafs@gmail.com
and I accept paypal or money orders/cahsiers checks.
This is what Mec say's about the pack.
"This full-fledged backpack is comfortable to carry both on the trail or the tarmac. A zip-down flap covers the suspension system, converting the unit into a stylin’ suitcase / shoulder bag that reduces hang-ups with luggage conveyor belts or doubtful hotel desk clerks.
The daypack detaches to accompany you on sidetrips from the base camp or the hostel. It boasts tons of organizer pockets, including slots for your PDA, cellphone, and pens. Slots are trimmed with reflective Scotchlite® strips to help you locate things in low light situations.
* Fabric is rugged, non-abrasive ballistic nylon.
* Internal frame for efficient transfer of weight to hips.
* Padded precurved hipbelt and shoulder straps.
* Padded, detachable shoulder strap for carrying as a shoulder bag.
* Handle for carrying as a suitcase.
* Full-length zippered mesh pocket inside front flap.
* Compression straps inside the main pack compartment to hold clothes in place.
* Separate bottom sleeping bag compartment for optimum organization and pack balance.
* Two pairs of compression straps for lashing on extra items and keeping the load close to your back for better balance.
* Zip-off daypack with padded foam back and padded anatomically cut shoulder straps."
You can read more about this pack at
Pack with daypack attached
Main pack harness
Pack with day pack attached
Harness zipped away in suitcase mode. Notice the removable shoulder carrying strap.
Harness zipped away keeps your pack from being damaged by airport conveyer belts.
Day pack with harness tucked away
Day pack with harness in place
Main pack without day pack