Welcome to the boards! There is a lot of info in the Packing Tips Forum
, so go there and read up. From there you can look on the net for sites like eBags
or Eagle Creek
Choosing a backpack is very personal. There are a lot of factors you need to consider:
~ lenght of stay
~ your weight and height
~ do you pack light of heavy
~ what are you going to be using the backpack for in the future, etc.
Here is some of what I looked for when I chose my pack for a month in Europe:
- 50 L capacity (i'm a light packer)
- easy access through the zippered panel-loading flap (it opens up 3/4 of the pack)
- padded straps and hip belt
- adjustibility (straps, hip belt, suspension, etc.)
- fit (i tried the pack on in the store, asked for some weights to be put into it and i walked around for a bit - the ones that DIDN'T fit stood out immediately)
- i wanted a day pack (you might not want that)
Hope that helps!