Tattoos to represent your travels - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Backpacker College Student Travel Message Boards > Anything Positive

Anything Positive Need a pick-up, or just want to be inspired? This forum is for you =) Keep this forum clean: post only your positive/motivational/inspirational quotes, poems, stories, adive, tips, etc...in here.

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2008, 05:24 PM   #1
TPunk Recognized

Default Tattoos to represent your travels

I was wondering if anyone has any tattoos they got to represent their travels - if so what would they be?

I would love to get one but I am having difficulty trying to sum up a 2 and half month trip to america in one simple looking design.

I had the idea of a picture of the globe with america on but I don't know how that would look. Thinking about it it may not look that good as a tattoo.

Anyways Just wandering if anyone else has any?

xx
And if one man can stand tall..
There must be hope for us all...
Somewhere, somewhere, in the spirit of man.
raysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via Skype™ to MeTurk

I'm a bit iffy about getting a tattoo. I can't think of anything that means enough to me to mark my body permanently. BUT, travels would be something meaningful. I've been thinking about getting a tattoo that would represent the country's in the EU. Something along the line of the stars in the European flag, I could color them in as I visit each country in the EU. I just can't settle on the EU stars I'm not entirely confident that that's what I want. If I was to get a tattoo it would be something along those lines.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:50 PM   #3
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

I've got a modified compass rose on my calf and I have been considering trying to get an atlas somewhere and filling it in as I go along.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #4
call me Condi!

I like the idea of country silhouettes. Or artistic flag representations (like not all boxed in, but the symbols.) I still have no tattoos because everywhere I think of getting one, I just imagine how hid it's going to look in about 10 years when I let myself go. (Ten years is just a magic number, I'm probably already letting myself go now...so a tattoo I got today would look flabby and distorted by about next Tuesday.)

We've got some compass people on here too. Nicole for sure, and I think - Julia, we had that huge poll thread on your tattoo right?
"I set out alone, finding no companion to cheer the way with friendly intercourse, and no party of travellers with whom to associate myself. Swayed by an overmastering impulse within me, and a long-cherished desire to visit those glorious sanctuaries, I resolved to quit all my friends and tear myself away from my home."
---Ibn Battuta, CE 1325

Latest travel crushes - Arizona, Morocco, The Baltic States, Tunisia, Portugal, Mexico
DC_Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:56 AM   #5
***** gear guru

Send a message via ICQ to kingcrazylegs Send a message via AIM to kingcrazylegs Send a message via MSN to kingcrazylegs Send a message via Yahoo to kingcrazylegs

^^my avatar is a tattoo i have on my foot, which is sort of obviously about travel

and the on on my other foot (below) is a turtle symbol which is the native american symbol of the nomad.

all that is not given is lost
kingcrazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:32 PM   #6
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Send a message via AIM to juliagulia Send a message via MSN to juliagulia

Yeah, I want a compass tattoo on my upper back/lower neck once I turn 18. Still thinking about designs, quote incorporation and all that, but I still have some time left.

Living In: Belfast, Northern Ireland

Next up!

Poland (February!)
juliagulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:38 AM   #7
TPunk. Recognize.

There's another post around here somewhere (I think its called "Screwed, blued, and tattooed") and everyone talks (and shows off) their ink - you might wanna check that out.
mbo108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:45 PM   #8
TPunk Recognized

mbo108 - Oh right, awesome will look for that in a minute.
MeTurk - My friend suggested a star for each of the cities i visted which i like the idea off BUT I dont particulaly want stars becauase every tom dick and harry has stars these days I want something people will say - Ohh what does that mean - with stars chances are most people will think i just like stars ya know?

DCjessica - I thought about having jus the country of America on me - But I kinda thought it may look a bit naff - but I like your idea of having it as a siloette

Kingcrazylegs - cool tattoos - they seem very original - I like that.

It's no issue about having a tattoo as I have one already and I am not the kind to get tattooed the first thing I think of I take alot of time thinking over it

XXX
Old 02-12-2008, 04:05 PM   #9
TPunk Recognized

I just went through every single post of the 19 page 'screwed blued and tattooed' thread. and i posted my tattoo and next tattoo idea on there.

xx
Old 09-12-2008, 02:13 AM   #10
Resident Junglist

Send a message via MSN to buzzingtalk

im going to eventually have 7 stars round my wrist - i have one already - theres two colours in it, an outline colour and an inner colour. when all 7 have been done each will have been doen in a different continent (were taught 7 continents in the uk - europe, africa, america, antarctica, asia, australasia, south america) and each will be made up of two of the colours of the rainbow (which is often used as a symbol for many positive and uniting things such as gay pride, peace, love and unity)

so a long work in progress! and a debatable one always as people discuss how many continents there really are, but i think 7

Euro trips for gigs and festivals as usual...
Then heading east to NZ & Aus for a few years! Via Abu Dhabi, Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore.

Time to get out of the UK for a while!!
buzzingtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:22 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to SGRHewitt Send a message via MSN to SGRHewitt Send a message via Skype™ to SGRHewitt

I kinda wanted to do a map of australia with the flag embedded in the landscape like this http://www.digitalbattle.com/wp-cont...a-map-flag.jpg....

But with stars placed at the places I visit(or going to visit).

July 23 - Sept 13: Back in Europe! Off to Brest, France for a French language course. Schedule is open before August 7 and after August 28, suggestions?
SGRHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:37 AM   #12
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via AIM to pinknic38 Send a message via Yahoo to pinknic38 Send a message via Skype™ to pinknic38

^I saw a lot of Canadian dudes with a tattoos like that with like the outline of the shape of Canada and filled inside it is the Canadian flag. Seriously in Mexico we met like a group of 15 Canadian guys and they ALL had it somewhere on their body, or something similar.

It's funny because if I met an American guy who had a tattoo of the outline of the US filled in with the stars & stripes, I would have automatic assumptions about his political beliefs.

tpunk gallery * twitter
pinknic38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:56 PM   #13
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Send a message via AIM to juliagulia Send a message via MSN to juliagulia

this is late, but i finally got the tattoo... the picture is somewhere on the boards (i dont have it on this computer)... it doesn't really sum up one trip, but i think its a good representation of your love of travel!

Living In: Belfast, Northern Ireland

Next up!

Poland (February!)
juliagulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:57 PM   #14
Dig
TPunk Moderator

I have recently thought about this topic tool. I also don't have any tottoos and doubt I would get one, but a miniature flag of all the countries I have visited sounded like a good idea to me AND my wife. We even considered if the country we tattooed completely redesigned its flag. That would show when we were there.

I still have no date set with the tattoo artist (and probably won't because I am a big wimp).
Old 09-18-2008, 10:36 PM   #15
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via MSN to kiwichick

im kinda the opposite, i wanna tattoo representing home! seriously considering getting something very kiwi before i start surgery in novermber, i dont want anything too token like a silver fern or the outline of nz so im thinking of maybe a native bird on the branch of one of our native trees kinda wrapping round from under my cheast to my shoulder blade. would be kinda huge for a first tattoo though!
kiwichick is offline   Reply With Quote